All Things Miracle!!!!

Sandi149

[quote name='nancydee']Hi Folks,

I just got my cabin assignment.....I booked a balcony Grt and got a 9A.
Room 8235 on the panorama deck.
I noticed this is right beside the aft elevators and under the pizza place.
I am a deep sleeper, so I am really not concerned.:D
Any info on this cabin would be great!
Thanks
Nancy[/quote]

Darnit! I thought we were gonna be neighbors! Im in 8327!

But on 9/14 :(

[quote name='LauraAnne30']Hey all - can you tell me what day of the week the formal nights are on the cruise? Just trying to figure out when to book nick and nora's.

Thanks

Laura:)[/quote]

If you are talking about sailing from NYC, formal nights are the first and third full sea days. Since its an 8 night itinerary the days of the week change.

[quote name='rcoaster809']If you are talking about sailing from NYC, formal nights are the first and third full sea days. Since its an 8 night itinerary the days of the week change.[/quote]
Thanks! That helps with planning!

Laura:)

Great Thread. I'll never have enough time to read it all.

We are looking at going on the Miracle on 1/24/09 . I have yet to find any serious negative feedback on the Miracle . Just some minor blips on the radar screen. We are a couple in our sixties ,very active and young at heart. Do you think this will be a good fit for us? last two cxruises were on NCL Majesty Sept. 07 and the Westerdam Feb. 07 . Enjoyed them both. Always thought Carnival as a Party Boat geared to a younger crowd. Have things changed???

[quote name='bunkagal']Hi wanted to know if there are any photographic services available like downloading your SD cards onto Cd's or anything like that..and has anyone stayed in cabin 6262 aft what did you think..thanks[/quote]

Does anybody have any information on a photo lab on the Miracle, have you ever used them to download your photos onto CD...or is it best to bring your own laptop and do it yourself...will take about 800 photos during trip sure I can wait until I get home,, and there are no redo's but it would be fun to see them..I would not want to print any, just CD"s..thanks

Also if you have stayed in cabin 6262 could you tell me if it gets hot during the day or is it one that is covered from above thanks..

[quote name='bunkagal']Does anybody have any information on a photo lab on the Miracle, have you ever used them to download your photos onto CD...or is it best to bring your own laptop and do it yourself...will take about 800 photos during trip sure I can wait until I get home,, and there are no redo's but it would be fun to see them..I would not want to print any, just CD"s..thanks

Also if you have stayed in cabin 6262 could you tell me if it gets hot during the day or is it one that is covered from above thanks..[/quote]

This is my 1st cruise, so I dont know what the Miracle has....but.....memory cards are some damn cheap nowadays, get a few of those! When I went to the NYC auto show, I could fit 540 large images on my Canon 20d 8 mp camera on 1 2gb memory card.......if you are unfamiliar, its a high end SLR camera. If you are using a smaller point and shoot with lower mp's, you probably could get 800 pics on one card.......you can get a good card for like $25.....so, If I decide to bring my 20D, Ill get 3 2 gb cards, so Ill have 1500+pics to take :) What camera will you be using?

[quote name='billfish']Great Thread. I'll never have enough time to read it all.

We are looking at going on the Miracle on 1/24/09 . I have yet to find any serious negative feedback on the Miracle . Just some minor blips on the radar screen. We are a couple in our sixties ,very active and young at heart. Do you think this will be a good fit for us? last two cxruises were on NCL Majesty Sept. 07 and the Westerdam Feb. 07 . Enjoyed them both. Always thought Carnival as a Party Boat geared to a younger crowd. Have things changed???[/quote]

Our Miracle cruise was one of the most "sedate" yet. But we had a blast.

Wide range of ages on every Carnival cruise I've been on. Never been on one that I'd consider a Party Cruise (even the 4-day Bahamas that was for my DD and BFF's high-school graduation).

[quote name='bunkagal']What size tip do you leave the dinner is 30.. is 10.00 ok..:cool:[/quote]

[FONT=Tahoma][SIZE=3][COLOR=purple]I don't know how many people will be in your party but that sounds fine. Tipping is sooo subjective, go with your instincts based on the service you receive. Enjoy![/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

We has underwater camera film developed on the ship....it was cheap and the pics were done in a day....I can't remember if you could do digital to cd.....we bring our laptop and download them every day so we can see them.

Laura:)

[quote name='NoobCroozer']This is my 1st cruise, so I dont know what the Miracle has....but.....memory cards are some damn cheap nowadays, get a few of those! When I went to the NYC auto show, I could fit 540 large images on my Canon 20d 8 mp camera on 1 2gb memory card.......if you are unfamiliar, its a high end SLR camera. If you are using a smaller point and shoot with lower mp's, you probably could get 800 pics on one card.......you can get a good card for like $25.....so, If I decide to bring my 20D, Ill get 3 2 gb cards, so Ill have 1500+pics to take :) What camera will you be using?[/quote]

I am bringing two one is a pani Z18 and the other a Canon S5IS..will not bring the slr..or the tripods..lol... I have promised..so yes I think your suggestion to bring extra SD cards will be best...already have a couple of 2 gb cards so I will buy a couple extra..thanks for the reply..I did call Carnival and they said the could do prints only at .50 each that's very expensive, I go to a photographic supply that does them for only .15...so think I will wait till I come home..and I will delete what I dont want at home...I am taking my small gorilla tripod thought :rolleyes:

[quote name='LauraAnne30']We has underwater camera film developed on the ship....it was cheap and the pics were done in a day....I can't remember if you could do digital to cd.....we bring our laptop and download them every day so we can see them.

Laura:)[/quote]

Thanks for the reply Laura..I was thinking of brining my laptop but since it's my first cruise, for me it's just one more thing to loose or keep track of..maybe by my second cruise I might feel more comfortable doing that...thanks for the reply..

Hello:
My husband and I are also in our early sixties and we loved the Miracle. We have been on her three times and will be on her again in October. You will love her. We have never had a problem with fitting in and you will encounter people of all ages. You will love the ship, the bars and the employees. A very friendly ship. The food in the dining room is excellent and the lunch buffet is very good. I know you will have a good time. Just go with a great attitude and go with the flow. You will have a great time.

[quote name='Rallytime1975'][B]if you have recently got back from a sailing from New York on the Miracle, what time was Most people off the sailing?[/B]

We are on the 14th of september just trying to plan a car service.

Thanks in advance!

Cory[/quote]

We were off at 10:05 & had no problems. The Miracle cruise immediately [I]after[/I] us however had a nightmare. Regretfully there's no hard and fast rule. Maybe it'll help some if you stay in touch via cell with the driver? Have a great cruise.

[quote name='Martin 5']Did anyone stay in New York before the cruise? I would like to wake up and see the ship coming in.[/quote]

A lot of cruisers stay in NYC the night before the cruise. I stayed in New Jersey about 3 miles out the night before, and I think watching the Miracle come in from the New Jersey side of the Hudson would provide the best views. I think typically she gets in between 8:30 and 9 am, but that was before the port change, so it could be different.

Can anyone tell me when the kids start school? I've read the kids were spitting on the walls and elevator buttons on the Miracle ! My cruise is 8/13 and I'm hoping parents are getting ready to send kids back to school instead of cruising, especially if they can't control them.:mad:

[quote name='Quench']Can anyone tell me when the kids start school? I've read the kids were spitting on the walls and elevator buttons on the Miracle ! My cruise is 8/13 and I'm hoping parents are getting ready to send kids back to school instead of cruising, especially if they can't control them.:mad:[/quote]

We are on your sailing with our 13 yr old DS and 10 yr old DD. I will promise and assure you that I will control my kids and you will have no problem with them.

They are very well behaved and have never been allowed to go anywhere on the ship without us in the past. This year we may allow DS some small amounts of freedom since he is almost 14. There will be a trial run once we get the feel of the ship.

[quote name='Quench']Can anyone tell me when the kids start school? I've read the kids were spitting on the walls and elevator buttons on the Miracle ! My cruise is 8/13 and I'm hoping parents are getting ready to send kids back to school instead of cruising, especially if they can't control them.:mad:[/quote]

I just got off the Miracle on 7/20 and I can honestly say that the kids were not a problem but it is always a chance you take when you cruise during the summer months.

Some of the schools in Louisiana will be back to school by then (thats where we live) and my niece's children will be back also (Oklahoma). Other relatives in Georgia usually return in September. So, some will be back at school, others wont as they all finsih at different times. Did you check out the roll call for that week to get an idea?

Archived