transfers

diamond_1111

We used winetoursvalpariso run by michael from London his email is michael@winetoursvalparaiso.cl. Because we stayed for a few days in Valpo we had a walking tour with the German Michael at my valparaiso. But with winetours valparaiso i know they can pick up from the port an do tours of valpo and viña before going through the casablanca and dropping you off at the airport or your hotel. Hes also a level 1 sommelier sonknows alot about wine and is not just a taxi service.

Who ever you decide to go with, have fun.

Regards

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Cristhina I recommend Bali hai, I do not know the other restaurants that you mention, back years we were in Balli hai, the show is very attractive and the delicious food, it is tourist restaurant and it is located in an exclusive and safe district; I believe that it is a good election.

Good luck!!!

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks Bohemio for your answer, we will make adjustments to visit Balli Hai. I have read that in downtown is the Central Market where we can enjoy seafood and fish. Do you know this place…?:confused: :confused: There is something that you can recommend us in our permanence of three days in Santiago.

For city tour in Santiago, Victor gives us the opportunity to choose stops in of places that are of our interest. That have us very excited, but we want to choose the correct places. Victor has suggested two hills, Santa Lucia and San Cristobal, what would choose you…?:confused: :confused:

You have my respects :p

• 3 weeks later...
Thanks Bohemio for your answer, we will make adjustments to visit Balli Hai. I have read that in downtown is the Central Market where we can enjoy seafood and fish. Do you know this place…?:confused: :confused: There is something that you can recommend us in our permanence of three days in Santiago.

For city tour in Santiago, Victor gives us the opportunity to choose stops in of places that are of our interest. That have us very excited, but we want to choose the correct places. Victor has suggested two hills, Santa Lucia and San Cristobal, what would choose you…?:confused: :confused:

You have my respects :p

Do you know how I can contact Victor Aballai? Thank you!

How did you contact Victor Aballai? I sent him an email today at victor.aballai@enaturchile.com and it failed; the message was that the domain expired yesterday. Do you know any other way to contact Enaturchile or Victor? (Phone would be fine, too!) Thanks!!! Peg

The email is the correct. Try again in the website. www.enaturchile.com our experience with them was really good. They have guide and driver for each trip. Our guide was Judy and our driver was Carlos

Carlos and Judy were very punctual this morning and quickly accommodate our extra luggage in a comfortable Van.

They are very knowledgeable and explained to us the history of the most important places of Santiago, Valparaiso and Vina del Mar

The lunch at Renaca was a perfect pick-delicious found a wine. At Santiago, we had an excellent overview of the main sites, while walking through town. At the end, then found the perfect artisan market for buy our last gifts. Overall, we had excellent and wonderful day. The team was great.

• 4 weeks later...
How did you contact Victor Aballai? I sent him an email today at victor.aballai@enaturchile.com and it failed; the message was that the domain expired yesterday. Do you know any other way to contact Enaturchile or Victor? (Phone would be fine, too!) Thanks!!! Peg

We used enatur in the 2008 we enjoyed our tour very much. Juan and Alvaro were excellent guides, very friendly and helpful to us. Now I am making adjustments for my mother and her friends, I have not had problem with the correspondence. You can try to communicate with them again. I recommend highly.

good luck

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Folks,

I work inside the cruise terminal but not with the shutlle agency Kartz. they offer a reasonable "last minute service" I believe they have a flat fee of $50 per person as a shuttle and I have had several conversations, while waiting to assist crew members, in english with the drivers so they are fluent in english. I do not think they have a website, however they seem to always have an army of drivers and vehicles waiting for passengers.

That being said, as in any port there are always local taxi drivers who are waiting just outside the port exit gates to offer you a deal. Typically these guys go for $150 usd as transfers to santiago or the airport. standard tours with them are about $20 usd an hour.

In the end both are fine, just make sure your driver speaks english if you are thinking of a tour. There are very few taxi drivers with any english. This is why inside there is a higher fee...you get what you pay for.

oh and the weather here is pretty consistant at mid 20 celcius, santiago is always above 30 lately.

jamie@seacard.net

Hi Karen,

before I moved here I lived in Vancouver. listen Vina to Valpo is like Vancouver to West Van. Most cabbies outside would hate you for asking because they will think to loose a high fare to santiago or the airport. however the company inside will set you up fine with a standard rated shuttle. Typically a taxi in the city would be about $20 bucks usd or $10,000p. If you are staying at a hotel in Vina many send shuttles to the terminal for pickup. Come see us at our call center in the terminal, we can help with a local or international phone call.

thanks Jamie, great info. hope your still there in March"11" will definately look you up!!

thanks again. Any info on hotels in Vina or Valparaiso?? Most web sites won't let you book this far in advance. I think the general rule is "365" days before.

Have a great xmas:)

We used winetoursvalpariso run by michael from London his email is michael@winetoursvalparaiso.cl. Because we stayed for a few days in Valpo we had a walking tour with the German Michael at my valparaiso. But with winetours valparaiso i know they can pick up from the port an do tours of valpo and viña before going through the casablanca and dropping you off at the airport or your hotel. Hes also a level 1 sommelier sonknows alot about wine and is not just a taxi service.

Who ever you decide to go with, have fun.

Regards

I too booked him -German Pirate -for pickup at airport and visits on the way to Vina

How was it?What can I expect

Thanks

We just got back from Chile yesterday. Used About Chile for tours of Arica and then from Valparaiso to Santiago with a tour of both and then ended up at the airport. Great tour and great price. They will work with you to arrange any type of tour you want. The airport in Sanniago is a nightmare. Took us almost 1:50 minutes just to get our boarding passes. Total time to finally get to the plane about 2:30 minutes and we didn't get to airport until 6:30. Some people in front of us had waited in line for over 2 1/2 hours just to get their boarding passes.

• 1 year later...

¡ Hello everyone! I have seen that enaturchile has very good reports; we will be making our transference from Valparaiso to Santiago, in the route we want to see some typical demonstration of Chile. We have contacted ourselves with Victor and has suggested us to visit the Ranch “Puro Caballo” I'm hoping there is someone who reads these boards who has made this trip. Thanks for any help you can provide. :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

• 1 month later...
¡ Hello everyone! I have seen that enaturchile has very good reports; we will be making our transference from Valparaiso to Santiago, in the route we want to see some typical demonstration of Chile. We have contacted ourselves with Victor and has suggested us to visit the Ranch “Puro Caballo” I'm hoping there is someone who reads these boards who has made this trip. Thanks for any help you can provide. :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

My wife and I are horse lovers in our Chile trip, we did not visit farms, but if your trip passing through Buenos Aires and your time permits, I recommend to visit a Estancia. They have places near the city that you can see demonstrations typical about gauchos.

Just wanted to add that we visited (Estancia La Alameda). We and did independently I really enjoyed it there

One of the things I liked most about this visit, that there were only a handful of us visiting those days, and staff really focused mainly on the horseback riding with both morning and afternoon rides (I’m not really into the carriage rides and singing/dancing shows that are more prevalent at the touristy estancias). Plus, the small number of horseback riders allowed the gauchos to cater to individual skills, allowing those of us with more experience to gallop. I loved that!

Good luck

• 3 weeks later...

We did an estancia visit from BA January 2010. It was a full day, we left mid morning, drove about an hour and a half to the estancia. There must have been 200-250 people there, a number of tour busses in addition to ours. We were met by the ranch owner and others, dressed in the typical gaucho outfits. Most impressive the silver belts that must have been a foot wide. We were served wine or beer and empanadas, like a meat turnover, a local speciality. There were a number of things to do and see before the lunch- horseback riding, a small museum, etc. There must have been dozens of huge barbeques, with all sorts of meat, chicken, beef, pork ribs etc etc etc. The lunch was served family style in a large building. A folklorico program followed lunch, dancing (tango of course, plus a number of other folk danced) fancy rope work, folk songs. A good program, about 45 min, I think. then more horses, exhibitions of rodeo type events, and carriage rides, if you wanted. We were there about 6 hours, got back to BA about 6. A full day, and we thought, worth it.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Felix . I notice that you really enjoyed your tour, we would love to spend a few days in Buenos Aires, unfortunately our trip ends in Chile, where we will stay one night in Vina del Mar and other in Santiago. We hope to have a new opportunity to know Buenas Aires and Rio (Brazil) . thanks for your information, we hope one day we can to be there

• 10 months later...

Hi everyone. My husband and I will be in Santiago in February. We planned to stay two nights before boarding the cruise Princess.

We would like to visit a restaurant to enjoy a dinner show. I see that you have visited the city. Could anyone help me with this information.

We would like know of some company that can offer a night tour, take a short walk through the city and end at dinner.

Thank you Julie-Malcolm.

• 2 weeks later...