When your cruise is eight days away and 5 people have signed up for Meet & Mingle

Does this mean that the ship is undersold and sailing with lots of vacancies? Or does it mean some large group has taken over this particular sailing? :rolleyes:

"Very little is needed to make a happy life; it is all within yourself, in your way of thinking."

-Marcus Aurelius Antonius

Agree it is just probably alot of people that don't follow cruise critic or care for the M&M. We are on a sold out Caribbean Princess cruise in less than 70 days with 2,500 passengers and only about 12 people even bother with the roll call on the Princess boards. You never know.........but I guess your ship will be full.

CC members still make up only a small percentage of all cruisers. We have 35 registerd for our Legend M&M. That is still less than 2% of the passengers.

RCI has 19 ships. At 25 CC members for a M&M, there would have to be 475 CC members sailing with Royal every week. It's no surprise that that number is not met.

Never fear about few folks for an mand M

the important fact is your CRUISE IS ONLY 8 DAYS away!!!!

The meet and greet is only a very nice party for an hour, and the cruise will be 160 hours of total fun.

Look at the whole picture

Those of us that cruise regularly on RCI have learned that you really need to work your "Meet and Mingle Party"! What I mean by that is you need to be on the boards, all of the boards almost every day, exploring posts on many of the boards and actually "looking" for people who may be on your cruise. Persistance pays off. We finally got up to 25 for our meet and mingle, on the Serenade from Hawaii in October. The ship is sold out and as I say we just barely made it. I believe it may be to late for your cruise this time as they cut it off about a week before sailing. You will still have a great time and can make arrangements right here on the board to meet the people who have signed up and have your own party!

I actually found people on another cruise website that were on our sailing and I emailed them and "brought" them over to CC, where they signed up for the M&M and have been quite active in our roll call thread. One lives in our embarkation city, and he's been very helpful to those of us who are arriving a day early, telling us how to get around town and everything. So you have to seek them out sometimes, but start early!

We did m&m on our first cruise. it made the time prior to our cruise alot of fun, corresponding with others, everyone becoming more excited as time was near. by the time we embarked, our enthusiasm for m&m waned as we found so many others things that took our attention. we did the m&m, 1 hour done, that's it. we haven't gotten involved since. not meaning to take away from what some people love about m&m, but we find it interesting the friends you make on the shuttle to the pier, the waiting for muster, your dining companions and so on. We are probably not in the minority that think this way.

Thanks,

Mike

Archived