My 109 page Liberty Review is finished !!

lephysteria

Jen

Wow.. glad to see this thread is still thriving!

I have been off line for a week.

Thanks again for the pics! Do you have any of Portofino and the Ice Rink?

I miss the ship already, I am going thru withdrawl! I can't wait until next summer-seems so far away.

Hi there :)

Check your email. I've sent you some great pics. But those are the only ones I have. Can I interest you in a Promenade pic, perhaps :D

ha ha ha

If you need anything else, just reply back to me! ;)

Wow. I just wanted to say that I read your review this week and wanted to say "Thanks" for putting in such an effort to share your experience with us. My girlfriend also enjoyed your review so much that we decided on Wednesday during the one day sale we are going to book a cruise on the Liberty. This will be a first for us to sail on such a large ship!

Thanks.

Jamie

Hi there,

Thank you for reading the review.

I'm so happy for you both that you decided to sail on the Liberty. When are you going to cruise on this ship? I hope you have a great time! :)

What a fantastic review! I'm having such a hard time waiting for my cruise in January and your review made me feel like I was there with you. Now after my cruise, I'll feel like I have gone on two instead of one.!:)

Thanks so much for reading the entire review! I hope your January cruise is a great one!

Although I've read your past reviews and enjoyed them all, you really outdid yourself with this one. Totally awesome and sets the standards for all future reviews. Your sense of detail was amazing and your pictures added another dimension. I was so on that cruise with all of you!!

Since I have no future cruises planned, ...boohoo... I live vicariously through your reviews. When are we going again??????

BTW you looked fabulous! Loved, loved your skinny dress :)

Thank you very much :)

I loved your review...you have such a knack for writing...have you thought about sending some articles to a travel magazine?

Thank you very much!

I did send a copy to all my contacts on the ships and at the corporate office. All I received was a letter telling me that they try to control the kids but it all comes down to parenting. I agree with them, but feel there is much more they could do.

I've also sent a few of my links to Cruise Travel. I have yet to hear back :)

Some have suggested that I be sent on the new ships to put out that type of Review. I'd be more than happy to do that ;)

• 4 months later...
Hello fellow cruisers :)

My cruise review from the 9-1-2007 Liberty of the Seas sailing is finally finished! I've compiled 109 pages of our wild, crazy, and fun misadventures.

http://www.jenscruisereviews.com/Liberty_Review_final1.pdf

Oh yeah and there's video too! :eek:

(that might take a minute to begin playing, and you need to be connected to the internet for that to download onto your PC) :cool:

Do let me know if you have any questions!

I am going to be a scrooge here and feel free to flame me. You have generated at 109 page, 20 meg review that takes a long time to download. It contains, for example, 10 pages of details of how you got to the ship including what each one of you ate for breakfast. It includes the names of every one of the wait persons who served you on the ship which is totally useless information as I doubt that I can specify my wait person on a cruise.

What you have written is not a review but a novel. The function of a review is to tell us what was good and bad on a cruise so that we can decide whether we want to cruise on a specific ship. This can be done in 2 - 3 pages maximum. How often to you see a book review that is as long as the book or a review of a movie that takes as long to read as the length of the movie? Good writers know how to be succinct (sp?).

Sorry to be so negative but, IMHO, the time you spent writing your "review" might have been useful as a personal diary for you to remember what you did on the cruise but it was a waste as a "review".

I am not flaming you - that is your opinion - but I loved reading every word of the review. Going in I knew it was 109 pages but it was so funny at times. True, it was not strictly a "review" but with 109 pages I never expected it to be. So few people seem to write anything about the Liberty except for a few negative comments such as it is smoky, or too large. So, I thank Jen for taking the time to write this. On our roll call I believe everyone read it and enjoyed it. I also thank her for stating up front that it was 109 pages so you could choose not to read it.

Sorry to be so negative...

Then don't be so negative.:p Different people enjoy different reviews (or novels) - some like them short and sweet dealing only with the ship itself, while others like every little detail from packing to unpacking, and then there are those who want something in between the two extremes. The title easily identifies this review (novel) as LONG winded (which I enjoyed reading since I can't cruise for a while). Try to avoid titles like that next time, if I may make that suggestion to you.

Muchos kudos to you on your AMAZING review. It looks like you and your group had a truly spectacular time and I am even more stoked to go on my cruise in May!

Wooooo!

You. Have. Me. Pumped. Up!!! :D

I am going to be a scrooge here and feel free to flame me.

I am not going to flame you, but do feel that you are being a bit of a scrooge. I am glad you admit it. The review was not meant for your eyes only, sir.

I also had forwarded this to Royal Caribbean so that they can see the names of the staff members that truly made our cruise wonderful, and hopefully (along with the comment card notes we added) these great staff members can get some recognition of a job well done :)

The review's purpose to my friends here at CruiseCritic was to give the cruiser the same feeling of awe and excitement that each of us Lunitiks had when we sailed on this cruise. It also answered the question what it would be like to sail with a Lunitik.

I didn't lie on the thread title. You knew it would be long going into this review. All of my reviews tell what we did, ate, and experienced during our vacation. At least you can't say you weren't warned :) That is how I choose to write them, and you are more than welcome to skip over my next review ... many years from now.

Jen,

So happy to hear you are expecting!!!!.

What is wrong with that poster donaldsc...it's like that saying "if you don't like, don't look".

he must of been having a bad day...

I have already told you that I loved your review and pics it gives everyone who would like to see the liberty and everyone who will be going for the first time a great look into everything about the liberty.

Donaldsc.....I think you need to apologize to Jen...your comments were not called for at all

While 109 pages may not be fun to read for some, I think most that are on this web site are looking for as much information as they can find about their upcoming cruise. I skimmed through sections that seemed to be more geared toward personal memories and read the sections that would apply toward the general cruise experience. I think the tips and photos can help anybody that is traveling.

Some of the fun of cruising is in the details and planning and this review provides that for the new and experienced cruiser.

Jen,

So happy to hear you are expecting!!!!.

What is wrong with that poster donaldsc...it's like that saying "if you don't like, don't look".

he must of been having a bad day...

I have already told you that I loved your review and pics it gives everyone who would like to see the liberty and everyone who will be going for the first time a great look into everything about the liberty.

Donaldsc.....I think you need to apologize to Jen...your comments were not called for at all

Oh maggie, you're such a doll :) Thank you so much.

I think that although I don't agree with donald, that he is entitled to his opinion, but hope that going forward he doesn't read any other review that I write. Because I'll tell you the color of the shirts the bar staff are wearing, just in case you want to coordinate your wardrobe with theirs.

I really pity him if he reads our Star Princess European Honeymoon review. We were gone for 3 weeks !!!!!!!!! :D

Oh but the photos are just AMAZING! :cool:

Thanks for the review. I enjoyed reading all 119 pages! My DS and I are going on the Liberty in July and we are both excited. I have a tendency to research things to death and this helps immensely! Thanks again.

Jen,

I love what I've read of your review so far...I'm still working through it and I think it's great! I'm becoming obsessed with the Liberty and really hope that's the next cruise we go on. DH and I are going on our 2nd cruise on the 14th (on the Sovereign) and can't wait!

Since I saw that your husband is Indian, I was excited to see that you put the link to your wedding pictures! My DH is Indian and we ALSO had a Hindu wedding AND an American/Christian wedding. Ours wasn't in India though, so I'm jealous! Just a funny coincidence....I loved all the pictures.

And congrats on your pregnancy!!! Hope you're feeling great!

Another congrats from another preggie mom! :) I love reading your reviews (you're stored in my favorites :D) and was excited to see your news. I can't wait to read your first review with "baby on board." :)

Oh thank you Michele, you're so kind. I also can't wait to see how a cruise with baby differs from a cruise with just DH. I think with an adorable 3 year old, I might look forward to formal night ... you know, dressing him in the little tiny tux. Oh how cuuuute!! :)

Archived