chops or portofinos

kevn123

I am going on the Liberty in 2 weeks. Have never eaten at a specialty resturant and wondered which is best for overall food/service/dining experience.

Both are very good, however, it would be like comparing apples and oranges. When you are onboard, go to both, look at the menu, and decide for yourself. ;)

We did both on a Navigator cruise a few years back. While we really enjoyed both (food and service-wise), I think we'd give the nod to Portofino. We thought the food/menu was a little more interesting than the standard steakhouse fare at chops.

If you're only going to do one, as mentioned, check out the menus online. It's pretty much going to come down to what you'd like to eat.

http://www.thepreismans.com/Freedom_menus.htm

[i know this is a Freedom menu but they're pretty much all the same.]

We only tried Chops a few years ago on the Mariner. But next month we're going to both............my husband is more adventurous with trying new dishes, that's why we did Chops. I wasn't sure I would like anything in Portofino's. After reading so many posts about it, though, I'm ready to try it, too.

Thanks,

Kaye

We just returned from the Mariner and tried both Chops and Portofino and to us Chops was the hands down winner. Nothing negative concerning Portofino at all, it just seemed that Chops had better food and slightly better service. Just out opinion though.......Cmack

liberty portofino is amazing i went on it get the skewers chops is good we had real good wait staff but portofino's deserts are so good we requested them in chops especially the sampler its a sampler but u wouldnt know it from the portions portofino has a bigger menu too chops is a little limited bu the filet mingion was amazing

My wife and I just got back from Liberty and did Chops & Portofino. Both were great but we preferred Chops. The filet mignon was the best we've ever had. If you can, you should do both.

If you want to see our pictures: http://picasaweb.google.com/Ron92201/Liberty91507

Cool pics; I've yet to get mine up from 9/9 on the Freedom. Want to know something funny? When I saw your pics from the balcony looking down on the deck (4 or 5), I said "they are in the same room that we were in on the Freedom". It was obvious you were on the right side of the boat near the aft.

Then I saw the room number picture...8358. The EXACT same room! How cool is that? ;)

Archived