9:30AM Flight Out of Miami

BcIcemen

Do you think you can make a 9:30 am flight when you arrive at port at 8:00am in Miami

You don't get off exactly at 8:00. It all depends on how long it takes the customs people to clear the ship. And then you have to get your luggage and get a cab and still have to go through security at the airport. I wouldn't even think about making a 9:30 flight.

We have made flights as early as 9:30...but just barely...we had to carry ALL of our luggage off the ship and grab the 1st taxi. We actually were off the ship before 8:00 and to the ariport by 8:30 but then got picked for the random search and that took a while...but we made it. I usually make my limit at 10:30...but you have to know what you are doing. We have been to Miami airport dozens of times so we know where we are going. Good luck!!

Better yet don't even book it!

Ever hear of the "Norfolk & Way Pal" Railroad? Say it real fast and you'll get the picture!

LOL I wonder how many people have never heard of this and will be trying it out...faster and faster each time:D

OP - no I don't think you'll make it!

Payd:)

Do you think you can make a 9:30 am flight when you arrive at port at 8:00am in Miami

No offense meant but.....This is one of the funniest things I've read on the boards today...Just a what if.....The ship is slowed down by fog, storms, rough seas or customs/immigration ???

Even if all goes right, you still won't have time....;)

We just returned on the Valor on 9/23. We arrived in Miami at 7 AM. The first set of self-assist people were not let off until shortly after 8 AM. Unless you are the very first passengers off the ship you can expect to wait about 45 minutes to go through customs. There will be plenty of cabs waiting as soon as you get off the ship.

I am not sure that all ships have the self-assist debarkation though.

OP needs to seriously consider changing to a later flight. You're on a vacation, make life easy for yourself.

All I can say is GOOD LUCK...we had a 12:15 flight booked back in May...we did not do self assist, but got off the ship first after the self assist passengers...encounted a line like none I have ever seen...grabbed a porter who whisked as around a lot of people...only to encounter 3 long immigration lines...got us thru that..grabbed a taxi for us and off we went..only to arrive at the airport at 11: 20...sooooorrrryyyyy....you must be here an hour prior to departure...you are now on standby..for the 6PM flight...needless to say we were not happy campers...we originally had booked a 12:45 flight time...and the airlines bumped the flight time up..which ultimately did us in....so...this upcoming cruise I booked a 4pm flight...do NOT want to go thru that stress again.....

Archived