Port or Starboard? Balcony?

cjnky

Alaska spoiled me as much as we used our balcony - but has anyone here used one on a New England cruise? For a balcony or oceanview, is there any better views from port or starboard?

Thanks SOOO much for any help you can give me in this trip planning for fall, '08.

We just returned from the Explorer of the Seas 9/14 sailing. We were in a Junior Suite. Lots of room! So many cupboards and drawers, we still had empty ones our last day. :D

Either side will be good as sometimes we docked port side and other times starboard. Keep in mind it is New England in the fall. We really didn't spend much time on the balcony as it was just a little cool. But I'm spoiled and never want to cruise without a balcony even for the view from inside.

Debordo

It probably depends on which cruise line you go on. We just returned from a Crown Princess cruise and starboard was the better side for in port views. In New York we faced Manhattan and Statue of Liberty, in Halifax we overlooked city and pier where bagpipers were playing, in St John's we overlooked pier and singer welcoming passengers. In Boston it didn't make any difference (both overlook run down areas) and Newport and Bar Harbor were tender ports.

Archived