Oh the pressure

warmwinds

My sister and her husband have cruised a lot, mostly Princess, HAL and Royal Caribbean.

She wants to try X because she knows I like it, this will be her first X cruise, her first balcony (yes her very first balcony, they book insides not because of price but because she likes to sleep in her little dark cocoon) - and she asked me to pick her a cabin on Millie. Gulp.

All the afts were gone (which we always book), and the only "larger" balcony was 7049. She was a little disappointed about it not being CC, but I told her she could get different pillows if she just asked (that was the biggest thing on the list she liked, that and priority tendering which she doesn't need anyway since she's taking shore excursions - actually golf outings).

Please tell me I did good. She's my older sister and will beat me up if she's not happy :)

warmwinds - YOU DID GOOD!!!:) Feel better?;) I understand your concern.

It's always scary to convince someone to go on the cruise line/ship of your choice. Don't let the pressure get to you though! Your sister's going to LOVE her cruise on the Millie. 7049 looks like it has a great balcony - an aft balcony is the only thing that might have been bigger. And to someone who's used to an inside? The balcony will be HUGE! I've heard wonderful things about the "dark cocoon" (hopefully the curtains will be almost as good for her) of inside cabins, but the balcony cabin you've selected will be wonderful. She'll not only NOT beat you up - she'll give you a hug and kiss, and tell you that you're the best little sister EVER!:D Oops...my own "baby sibling" issues are oozing out.:p

Tell her welcome to X for me!:)

Happy cruising!

Denise

You know CS, you nailed it - it's not JUST the cabin but I feel like I have to defend my whole X choice, too. I keep telling her the differences (we've sailed all the others, too), and it took me 2 Celebrity cruises before I loved them.

Hey, I live 3,000 miles from her so it will be a while before she can "get" me :)

I'm sure she will be very pleased with the cabin you have selected.

My daughter and I were on the Millie in May 2007, and the service couldn't have been better. Does your sister have a copy of the pillow menu? It's helpful if you know what kind of pillows you want to request. I love the goose down, DH loves the isotonic, and I always order the body pillow, it is WONDERFUL! Tell her to ask her cabin steward for the desired pillows as soon as she gets on board, to optimize getting her choice.

If she should need any help from Guest Relations at any time, Daniel Souza, the Concierge, is absolutely charming. He went far out of his way to be helpful to us when we had a family emergency on the Millie.

Archived