Western Mediterranean in Oct/Nov?

I sure hope it's great time to go!

I leave on the Millennium next week for a 14 day Med. cruise. Check on line what cabins are left and what the fares are for Celebrity's Millennium leaving Oct 7 for the Western Med. The cabins are all nearly sold out and the fare is nearly double from what I paid nearly a year ago. My girl friend is taking a similar cruise in Nov with Princess CL. I don't remember what her cruise fare is but I can tell you that her hotels for pre and post cruise are nearly HALF of what I am paying just a month earlier. PLUS, from all the research I have done, Oct and Nov are supposed to be much cooler, but not cold and much less crowded.

If you are even half way serious about this cruise I would say book it now! You probably won't save any money by waiting, plus you get your choice of the best cabins now. AND if something comes up, you can always cancel and get your deposit back. One suggestion: shop around for price. If you don't have a GOOD travel agent , ask your friends. Chances are you will save thru a travel agent over going directly thru the cruise line. I know it seems like it should be the other way around but I have taken several cruises and I ALWAYS save a lot of money. And don't forget about air arrangements.

Look for MY review when I get back the end of October!

MG :)

We did a cruise two years ago from Barcelona to Venice on the Grand Princess. The date was October 17-29. In Barcelona, the weather was beautiful, low 80's. South of France was around 70 degrees and partly cloudy. Florence and Rome were warm but rainy. Naples (Amalfi Coast) was hot, sunny, beautiful. Athens and Mykonos were in the low 80's and sunny. Istanbul and Kusadasi were also partly cloudy and 75-80 degrees. Finally, in Venice we had rain for the first half of day one and the next two days were warm and sunny. The beauty of this time of the year is that it is not as crowded (Rome and Venice are the exceptions). The temperatures are much more tolerable than in the summer months, but the chance of rain is higher. We never had to wait to get into restaurants and cafes. The cruise prices are definitely better. All in all, it was one of our best cruise experiences. Have a great trip whatever you decide.

We're actually looking into sailing next year, so I'm just starting to do some research. But like I said, the prices are pretty hard to believe that I've seen for Oct/Nov! Sounds a like good weather to me! I look forward to reading your review and all these message boards!

There are some great cruise fares posted for a Western Mediterranean cruise from Barcelona next year in October & November. Is this a decent time to sail? We've done Alaska at the end of September, so we're not in need of hot beautiful weather all the time.

We're sailing from Rome Nov. 21 on an Eastern Med w/Egypt cruise and I'm looking forward to fewer crowds, cooler temperatures and more pleasant conditions for sightseeing. Add that to lower fares and you've got one heck of a deal.

P.S. Antsy, I just noticed you're from Philadelphia too. Yo!

My friend and I are considering the 14 night cruise on Galaxy on November 24th. Looking at weather underground I'm thinking we won't need any shorts or T shirts more trousers & sweaters. Anyone been late Nov early Dec who can advise. Even Egypt looks like low 70's everthing else is high 50's low 60's seems a bit cool. Packing is a major issue due to airline limits so I can't afford to make mistakes.

Archived