Looking for some imput - Excursions with Camp Carnival

Tke-n-Tink

I also posted the message on the Family Board.

I am looking for some information regarding Excursions with Camp Carnival. I am sure that our 2 older kids would rather go on excursions with the new friends they will make - but I am looking for some information and imput - GOOD or BAD.... Thanks in advance

I am looking for some information regarding Excursions with Camp Carnival. I am sure that our 2 older kids would rather go on excursions with the new friends they will make - but I am looking for some information and imput - GOOD or BAD.... Thanks in advance

I don't believe they do those excursions, as most families prefer a family vacation and therefore take their kids on excursions with them.

I've not heard about excursions for Camp Carnival, but my oldest is 11 so maybe this is something that the older groups do.

Personally, I wouldn't do it even if Carnival does offer this sort of thing. I know I'm overprotective, but the idea of my child in a foreign country without me is scary. Am I the only one that feels that way?

I've not heard about excursions for Camp Carnival, but my oldest is 11 so maybe this is something that the older groups do.

Personally, I wouldn't do it even if Carnival does offer this sort of thing. I know I'm overprotective, but the idea of my child in a foreign country without me is scary. Am I the only one that feels that way?

That is not over protective in my eyes.Too many what ifs. Injuries, getting left by the ship, etc. I would never take the chance.

Sorry - It is my understanding the Camp Carnival excursions are with the teen groups -

It is so not being overprotective - That is whay I am asking the questions - GOOD or BAD experiences - I know all about the "fears" I have them myself -

I know HAL had them in alaska. I've never seen them offered on carnival.

I think you will not find many kids going off the ship without their parents.

There was a Club O2 excursion offered on our Legend sailing in 2006 (NYC-Eastern Caribbean). It was a speedboat with a beach visit in St. Thomas. Our son didn't do it since we already had an excursion booked in St. Thomas, and I have no idea how many kids signed up. I haven't seen another Club O2 excursion offered on any of our cruises since then.

My daughter and her friend that we took on our 2004 cruise on the Imagination went on a Teen Excursion in Cozumel with a Teen Counselor. They did a horsebackriding tour and had a great time. They were 12 then.

At no time did I feel uncomfortable with letting them go. I am SURE Carnival oversees this as they do not want bad press if something happens.

And I consider myself a VERY overprotective Mom.

I have not seen kids excursions. I wouldn't want our son in a foreign country without us. That being said, we rarely get to enjoy time with our DS on the ship as he is always with his new friends. Excursions are precious family vacation time together. IMO

Archived