Whats the deal with this picture ?

parrotthead

I found this on Photobucket. I have never seen it before, it's not the (perhaps photoshoped) one that has been going around for some time...whats the deal with this ship? Looks like some high seas, I would probably be green if I was a passenger on this sailing.

b9e7.jpg

I found this on Photobucket. I have never seen it before, it's not the (perhaps photoshoped) one that has been going around for some time...whats the deal with this ship? Looks like some high seas, I would probably be green if I was a passenger on this sailing.

b9e7.jpg

I'm not exactly sure, but I'll tell you that's how the Glory felt at the end of May this year. One evening the seas were so bad people were getting sick...bad. :( (I think the alcohol I had been drinking helped me, I didn't get sick...LOL):D

Wow, that photo is a bit scary.......hopefully I'll have much smoother seas on my first cruise in Nov. If it's like that, my husband may never go back again and then I'll be back at the drawing board as far as cruises are concerned!!!

Shoot...I already emailed Captain Scala and asked him to give us a ride like this one when we're on the Ecstasy next September!

You'll need to practice not puking...there will be a prize for the one who holds out the longest. :p

b9e7.jpg

I think its a fake...... Why? All the strings of lights working and none of the bulbs seem to be burned out! I've yet to be on a Fantasy class ship where all the strings of lights worked or there was not many of the bulbs burned out!

But fake or not, (and seriously, it looks real) I would not want that on every cruise, but it sure looks like a lot of fun to me!

Wow, that photo is a bit scary.......hopefully I'll have much smoother seas on my first cruise in Nov. If it's like that, my husband may never go back again and then I'll be back at the drawing board as far as cruises are concerned!!!

Ditto. It has taken me 4 years to convince my husband to cruise. We are sailing Nov 4th on the Legend. Fingers are crossed for smooth sailing:)

Dearest of cruise friends.

Having spent 14 years sailing the high seas in the US Navy, I can tell you from first hand experience that even though the waves may look frightfull, the ship is sailing reasonably smooth. Yes there will be a lot of rolling, but if you will notice that the ship is quartering into the waves, which even with large waves, the ship will roll gently. Additionally, each ship is outfitted with "fin stabilizers". These wonderful contraptions reduce the rock and roll very effectively. How they work is like this. When the ship rolls to one side, there should be an equal roll back to the other side, however the fin stabilizers reduce the return roll to almost nothing, so, the roll in both ways is reduced dramatically. Now they will not make the rolls go away, that just ain't gonna happen. But these ships are big enough that it would take the edges of a hurricane to get them to move more than just a gentle rocking motion.

Having said all of that, enjoy the ride, and remember you are on vacation, and the ship is just the worlds largest water bed.!!

I think it's the Ecstasy, taken by an officer on another ship, trying to out run Hurricane Rita. Off course I am probably wrong since my memory isn't what it used to be.:)

The picture has been around for a while the Rita hurricane evacuation was certainly the story the last time that this picture surfaced.....

Not a fake, no passengers were on board, yes, some lights are burned out and some windows are broken. Rather than be caught tied to the dock the ships were sent out to sea until after Rita had passed.

Another angle:

http://image53.webshots.com/53/4/27/29/2201427290085288220RUSXmC_ph.jpg?action=&track_pagetag=/page/photo/news/hurricanes/&track_action=/Shortcuts/FullSize

If it was real, Who took the picture?

Someone from the Sensation (I believe it was), they sent both ships out to sea (I believe it was the Ecstasy? My brain is shot... it's one of the other ships that was in New Orleans at the time after Katrina) They were both empty except for a light crew from what I understand... One of the crew actually videotaped everything... what you see is a screen shot from the video... the video floated around here for a long time, it's not a fake.... it was a crazy video.

Archived