Whats the deal with this picture ?

parrotthead

Liv, you may want to file that one away to use in conjunction with your ferry video for the next "Help me -- I am a first time cruiser" thread:p

One step ahead of you my good man....already got it bookmarked ;) :D

Shoot...I already emailed Captain Scala and asked him to give us a ride like this one when we're on the Ecstasy next September!

You'll need to practice not puking...there will be a prize for the one who holds out the longest. :p

Stir: theres just something wrong with you ;) :p

Great... so the only time all the "party" lights work on a Fantasy class ship is when she is riding out or out running a hurricane? .... Figures. Must be the wind and rain that closes the circuit allowing all the lights to work.

I have yet to be on a Fantasy class ship where many of he lights weren’t burned out or only half the string was even working. So now I know the trick.

Seeing the half working lights, it always makes me think I am driving by a trailer park in Raleigh NC at night seeing the xmas lights left up from the year before.

Great... so the only time all the "party" lights work on a Fantasy class ship is when she is riding out or out running a hurricane? .... Figures. Must be the wind and rain that closes the circuit allowing all the lights to work.

I have yet to be on a Fantasy class ship where many of he lights weren’t burned out or only half the string was even working. So now I know the trick.

Seeing the half working lights, it always makes me think I am driving by a trailer park in Raleigh NC at night seeing the xmas lights left up from the year before.

I took these pictures when we were on Ecstasy last year: http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2606971520098102533KNuQkZ

The lights were working then with only a couple of bulbs out on the Lido as far as I can see.

I'm not exactly sure, but I'll tell you that's how the Glory felt at the end of May this year. One evening the seas were so bad people were getting sick...bad. :( (I think the alcohol I had been drinking helped me, I didn't get sick...LOL):D

Did you ever notice the pax that are not drinking walk the aisles zig-zag and the pax that had a few walk straight as an arrow.........:p

I was on this ship on the cruise directly before they evacuated it. Wen't straight home only to evacuate myself. There was no one but essential crew on it. There is some you tube video on it too. Just FYI.

I think its a fake...... Why? All the strings of lights working and none of the bulbs seem to be burned out! I've yet to be on a Fantasy class ship where all the strings of lights worked or there was not many of the bulbs burned out!

But fake or not, (and seriously, it looks real) I would not want that on every cruise, but it sure looks like a lot of fun to me!

To those of you who think seasickness is so funny, I'll be sure to hunt some of you down and puke all over you next time.

That will be good for a lot of laughs. Ha ha ha. Makes me laugh already!

And, no, drinking didn't help. Probably didn't hurt, but it didn't stop it. Believe me, I've given it a couple of pretty thorough non-clinical tries!

Actually, I think this one is real. I remember it surfacing on news web sites (not just on CC, but on CNN, Fox News, and the like) after Hurricane Katrina or Rita (can't remember which). But, the ship had to leave either Galveston or New Orleans (ships like this are generally safer at sea during a storm than docked because of the damage to/from the piers/docks). The picture (I believe) was taken from a Coast Guard member on another ship.

Looks like fun for a while .. :p

LOL....flying NOE for almost two hours, in the summer, little light, not being able to move, the smell of jet fuel....NOW THAT'S FUN :p

Liv, so that pic is real? Wasn't there one circulating on here that was not real and they used Photoshop to alter it? I believe it was the Triumph?

I have that hurricane pic bookmarked too ;) There has been discussion recently over the authenticity of that particular photo. Real or not, I would have loved to have been on that ship.

LOL....flying NOE for almost two hours, in the summer, little light, not being able to move, the smell of jet fuel....NOW THAT'S FUN :p

I have that hurricane pic bookmarked too ;) There has been discussion recently over the authenticity of that particular photo. Real or not, I would have loved to have been on that ship.

Ack!! :eek: Not me....but you are the more adventurous type. :p

Archived