Summit Panama 23 Oct 05 Room 6135

gunner22a

Good Day,

Just looking to meet some of our fellow cruisers. 25th wedding anniversary for Gina and I (Ron) and have always dreamed of doing the Panama. I'm a Canadian Military officer and my wife is a nurse. Friends of ours, also military did Alaska on the Infinity Concierge Class and loved every minute of it. Would be interested to hear other comments on this class as we have booked it. Would also be interested in any comments on our cabin. It's between two Royal Suites and although the cabin appears to be the same size as the other CC cabins the veranda seems to be much larger. This is our first cruise with Celebrity. Our last was on the QE II. Any comments, advice or suggestions are most welcome. Look forward to meeting some of you on the ship.

Ron and Gina:confused:

I wish I could help Ron, but I've never been on a ship, I have a deathly fear of water, I'm sure someone else can help you, one of those brave people that like water, unlike myself, I can't even take a shower, you wouldn't believe how I smell!

Good Day,

Just looking to meet some of our fellow cruisers. 25th wedding anniversary for Gina and I (Ron) and have always dreamed of doing the Panama. I'm a Canadian Military officer and my wife is a nurse. Friends of ours, also military did Alaska on the Infinity Concierge Class and loved every minute of it. Would be interested to hear other comments on this class as we have booked it. Would also be interested in any comments on our cabin. It's between two Royal Suites and although the cabin appears to be the same size as the other CC cabins the veranda seems to be much larger. This is our first cruise with Celebrity. Our last was on the QE II. Any comments, advice or suggestions are most welcome. Look forward to meeting some of you on the ship.

Ron and Gina:confused:

I have some pictures of your deck if you want to post your e:mail for a sec. then delete it.

Ron and Gina,

We have been on the Millenium class ships many times. I have stayed in 6144 twice and we are booked in 6135 on Infinity in Dec 05. These 4 cabins (6135, 6136, 6143, 6144) all have HUGE balconies. You can fit 2 large lounge chairs, 2 regular chairs and a table on the balconies. The rooms are the same size as the other CC cabins, but the balconies are fantastic. Another benefit to these balconies is that they are teak because they are between the other suites. All of the other balconies have a sort of rubberized spreayed floor.

Do enjoy,

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Ron

My wife and I are also booked on this cruise. We have cabin 6102 (so it seems we are deckmates).

We have cruised on the Summit once (Alaska 7 day) and it is a very fine ship. I have hundreds of pictures of our last cruise if they are of an interst to you..

I also posted a review on the cc board, I'm not sure if it's still available..

(Celebrity Summit Alaska 7-11-03)

http://www.cruisecritic.com/community/memreview.cfm?ID=1567

Last cruise we were in 'concierage class' (8098) which was a good size room and more than adequate balcony. Truth was, we spent very little time in the cabin. Most of our day time on shore excursions or pool side... and most nights around the ship... We expect to spend more on this cruise in the cabin (7 full sea days) so I sprang for the larger suite (and bulter service!!).

Like you this is an anniversary celebration cruise for us (10th). We were prefering to cruise in late summer, but things didn't work out for that, and we always wanted to do the transcanal anyway.

Hopefully we'll get more interest in this thread as the sail date approaches. Hopefully enough to get a party on the ship.

Steve

Archived