Bon Voyage gift ideas for kids

mcfam5

Hi Everyone,

We are leaving in a few weeks for our family cruise and I was hoping to have a fun little package for each of my kids when we get to our room. I checked out the Bon Voyage gifts on Carnival's website, but nothing really caught my eye. I was thinking something like a little cruise vacation survival kit or something equally silly and fun. Any ideas???

Thanks!:)

Hi Everyone,

We are leaving in a few weeks for our family cruise and I was hoping to have a fun little package for each of my kids when we get to our room. I checked out the Bon Voyage gifts on Carnival's website, but nothing really caught my eye. I was thinking something like a little cruise vacation survival kit or something equally silly and fun. Any ideas???

Water toys

Art supplies for lazy times

A stuffed animal

Pictures of home (pets, rooms)

A disposable camera

Some money for the arcade

New water shoes

Kid sunblock

New toothbrush/paste

A journal

I like your idea. I'll be curious to see what other people suggest.:) Have a great trip!

Hi Everyone,

How old are the kids? Boys or Girls? I've given my children disposable cameras, travel journals with vacation stickers, DD got a Carnival Barbie I got off of ebay, Lanyards for pins/room key, sand toys for beach days, Puzzle books, Pirates of the Carribean Gameboy Games/DVD, Stuffed Animals, etc. I try to match what the kids are currently into with the locations we are going to be at.

Ok for our kids we always get the room decorated with the Bon Voyage Package. They just love walking into the cabin and seeing all of the decorations hanging over their beds.

THEN, since there really isn't anything great as far as kid's choices in the Gift Section online, I let them get the Build A Buddy's as a way to remember each cruise.

The Build A Buddies on carnival are $29.97 now.

This was what they looked like in December...

IMG_0588.jpg

And these are the animals Carnival are NOW offering. These animals came with little sailor suits and hats.

IMG_1219.jpg

I picked up a Crayola color wonder kit at Target for $6.99. It is a little plastic case, inside it has all kinds of crayola wonder products to keep the little ones busy while we're getting ready for dinner.

I think I'll get the disposable camera too...but not for pictures while we are getting ready for dinner!!!:eek:

Dorothy

I was trying to do the teddy bear in the cabin too (on Princess) but instead of the actual bear - they got a card. Since some of the kids were only 4 and 5 - in just wasn't the same. I was kind of disappointed when I asked if there was anything special in the cabin and they said...no... then they had to wait for the store to open up and go get it. Lost a lot in the translation. The purpose of this story being, if you order something, make sure they get the actual item and not a card.

One year over Easter I brought candy easter eggs. We had about 10 cabins. When everyone went to dinner I had the purser open the cabin and while he waited I put easter eggs on everyone's pillows. The Easter Bunny struck.

Archived