Questions re offer from Princess

cruiselifers

Yesterday in the mail I received a offer from Princess and was curious if anyone else got it. It says that if I book and send in the postcard by September 15, I will get $15 per person per day onboard credit. I am already booked for 1/05 on a ten day on the Dawn. Since we booked on board in 1/04 on the Sun we already are getting the $100 per person for our upcomming sailing. On the letter it does not say this is for new bookings, we just write our booking number on there. Also read the fine print and it says that it is not valid with other select offers from Princess. I called Princess and the guy had no idea what I was talking about but said that it sounded like I would still be able to use it with the other onboard credit. Sorry this sounds so confusing, but I was hoping someone else may know something about it. It would be great if I could use it because that would give us $500.00 onboard credit!! Any help would be appreciated.

Was it just a postcard by itself or part of a flyer? I have not received one but would certainly love to...it would put us up to $500 for our 11-20 coral sailing.

Let us know how it works out and congratulations!

Erin

It came yesterday and it is a letter with a postcard in it. It is good for any cruise of any length in 2005. It just says I have to book and send in the coupon by September 30, 2004. The letter is from the manager of the Loyalty Program. It says that if I book an inside or oceanview I would get $10 per person per day and a balcony or mini I would get $15 per person per day. The letter looks like a form letter and the postcard has my name/address on it with a coupon number printed above my name. Maybe they are not sending them to everyone. It has only been sent to me and not my DH and he has been on each cruise with me. Still it looks like he can still get the obc because it says pp per day. I could not believe it when i got it, thats why I re-read it many times looking for the catch. I am usually not very lucky. It will probably get lost in the mail when I send it. lol. I will send it in Monday and just see what happens, maybe i will get some kind of confirmation. I will ask my TA in a couple of weeks.

Send the coupon in to Princess. Don't waste any time calling...just send it in.

Last January there was a huge controversy with Celebrity honoring coupons with confusing language. The controversy was whether the coupon meant "sail date" or "booking date." In the end many of us just mailed the coupons in and got the credit.

We got the same letter on Friday. Its $10 per day per person if you book an interior/oceanview. Or $15 per person per day if you book a balcony of higher. For all 2005 cruises must be booked by Sept. 30, 2004. We just mailed our postcard back yesterday. All it asks for is your booking #, the back is preprinted with your info. Very nice. Especially since my TA has us booked with a group and she was also offering an onboard credit of $50 pp.

Would be nice to receive. I wonder it's related to the number of cruises you've taken? Hopefully it's for Canadian's as well. We used to get an e-mail about once a week and haven't received anything for about a month.

We're sailing in March on the Star.

JoyceW are you on the same cruise as cruiselifers? Was wondering if it was something specific to the Dawn or if others are getting it too? Any luck with anyone calling Princess to ask or their TA? That would be just a wonderful letter to get. Will be waiting eagerly by the mailbox.

Have a great day!

Erin

Good morning Baxter! And here I thought myself and my sister-in-law were the only ones from the Peg on this site! I see you have a trip on the Sapphire coming up - where to? After looking out the window yesterday and today, don't you wish it was sooner...:)

Every been on the Star? We'll be on the Caribe C601? From what I've heard on the site, the balcony sounds great.

Here's hoping we get those offers as well,

It came yesterday and it is a letter with a postcard in it. It is good for any cruise of any length in 2005. It just says I have to book and send in the coupon by September 30, 2004. The letter is from the manager of the Loyalty Program. It says that if I book an inside or oceanview I would get $10 per person per day and a balcony or mini I would get $15 per person per day. The letter looks like a form letter and the postcard has my name/address on it with a coupon number printed above my name. Maybe they are not sending them to everyone. It has only been sent to me and not my DH and he has been on each cruise with me. Still it looks like he can still get the obc because it says pp per day. I could not believe it when i got it, thats why I re-read it many times looking for the catch. I am usually not very lucky. It will probably get lost in the mail when I send it. lol. I will send it in Monday and just see what happens, maybe i will get some kind of confirmation. I will ask my TA in a couple of weeks.

I received mine in the mail the other day. I am in the midst of booking the CP for July 2005 and when I called Princess, they didn't know anything about it. I had a problem with the website and when I called I found out the # on the coupon is the same # that is used when you sign up at their website for news and specials.

I have never cruised Princess before and since I was considering taking a cruise, this is a nice way to start with a $200 ship credit. It is only good for 2 people. There will be three of us sailing but the third person is not eligible for the $15.00 per day credit.

Deborah

Would be nice to receive. I wonder it's related to the number of cruises you've taken? Hopefully it's for Canadian's as well. We used to get an e-mail about once a week and haven't received anything for about a month. We're sailing in March on the Star.

I used to receive e-mail promotions regularly and I haven't received anything over the past three or four months. I get the impression that the more cruises you take the less they need to contact you.

Good morning Baxter! And here I thought myself and my sister-in-law were the only ones from the Peg on this site! I see you have a trip on the Sapphire coming up - where to? After looking out the window yesterday and today, don't you wish it was sooner...:)

Every been on the Star? We'll be on the Caribe C601? From what I've heard on the site, the balcony sounds great.

Here's hoping we get those offers as well,

I can't take this dreary weather much longer. I have had to pull out a fleece in the mornings! We're set for the Sapphire on Nov 11 -- 10 day Mexican Riviera out of San Fran. I am more than excited! Then we're doing the Western Carribean out of Galveston in March. We haven't been on the Star...only the Golden so far.

I hardly know what to say after reading this thread and calling Princess about "my NON-exsistant" letter, never received!

My thoughts are that Princess is really "screwing over" it's old, loyal past passengers and tryng hard to by-pass it's loyal travel agents......the next step in my mind surely will be for Princess to go along with the new repressive rulings about TA discounting already announced by RCCL, Celebrity & Carnival...

The new recent advertising campaigns are obviously for new passengers - randomly ignoring & blatently compromising Princess' past loyal pasenger base.

These new (Carnivalized?)tactics, combined with the hard line Policy of last minute "Flash Promotions" of reduced cabin rates NOT being available to those already booked (of which I have recently been the victim) makes the Elite"perks" of Free Laundry and other incidentals look like very minor appeasment.

My only satisfaction is that my husband and I, over many years, have enjoyed cruising before it became the "new - for the masses" business we see today!

We were "Elite Cruisers" before Princess bestowed that "dubious" honor upon us.....and I don't mean the "steamer trunk" - all suite" type of cruisers - we have enjoyed our share of inside, lower deck cabins while sailing on many different cruise lines, some with more luxury *** than others - but always with a love of travel and adventure and the dammed curiosity to see what's beyond the next wave!

The 129 countries we have visited doesn't leave many new Ports for us to visit on the "established" cruise routes - but Princess is mistaken in leaving our "demographic" out of it's advertising - we are just beginning all over again, this time with grandchildren in tow!

Thanks for letting me "VENT"

:) Renee (aka GotToCruise)

Baxter, sounds like a great year, two cruises! Unfortunately due to cost and vacation time, we're trying for every two years. I keep thinking about the warm weather and at least it's helped a bit to make it thru the cold. I've actually had to wear sweaters to work for the last couple of weeks. Only good thing about the cold, we're planning to go see the white tigers this week and they don't like the heat so should get a good luck ;)

Renee,

I can certainly understand how you feel. I don't understand why Princess would not reward their loyal passengers with this type of offer. Especially if they realize that people on boards such as this one compare offers. I don't know why they would want to anger their loyals, which they certainly have by this. I, too, would have liked to receive this offer. I have been on many Princess cruises with two more booked. I am going to check my mail when I get home from work today and if I have not received this offer (which I'm sure I won't), I will be on the phone tomorrow asking to speak with a supervisor. Probably won't do any good, but certainly worth a try.

Lynda - Renee don't feel bad - I didn't get one either. Neither did I get the email of two weeks ago that rewarded you with something if you were one of the 1st to respond. I truly believe Princess knows we have an up coming cruise and that our "Elite" status indicates we are loyal to them so they just ignor offering us any breaks or extra perks. Really does p_ss me off :mad: and I only wish (sometime) I were brave enough to just jump ship.

Points very well taken.

I am not as seasoned a cruiser as some, but have spent my share of dollars with Princess. Whenever I see news of these kinds of offer, I am always perplexed. I fill out all the website forms, etc., but rarely get anything from Princess and NEVER get anything that amounts to a cheaper fare/better net package than I can get online.

All that leads me to wonder what drives these markting offers. What are the demographics that Princess is targeting? I am mid 40s from the Midwest with four Princess cruises and usually book inside. Princess knows that, and apparently that demographic is not appealing to them as evidenced by my lack of correspondence.

What is the demographic experience of others, if I can ask? Can we figure out who gets the deals and why?

I often wonder if I should create a "younger twin brother" who is in his 20s and has never cruised to see if he gets better offers!

BP

I have not received anything on this offer and will also be calling Princess after checking my mail today. I have always thought that loyalty counted. I have 3 cruises booked for next year and will be sailing again with Renee and Lyman next April(can't wait to see them). I think Princess is under the misconception that once they have you they have you and I certainly appreciate the Elite Perks. I would like to know(but of course never will) what their formula is for some of the offers they make. I called the other day to ask why I had not been receiving my Captain's Circle Magazine and had to always call and ask for it. The answer was that since I always had a booking, that it was not necessary to mail me the offers. I said you might get you another one if you mailed me the magazine.

Barbara

Okay I feel the need to chime back in since I'm one of the "privaleged" to have gotten one of these things. Here's my take:

We have never sailed Princess before. I enrolled on thier website to get info. on specials, brochures, etc. They ask you questions like have you cruised before and which cruise lines. I called to get a brochure. Since I've never sailed Princess I took it as an incentive to book with them. They have my profile they know I cruise RCCL the most so they are trying to get me to switch. The coupon came a few days after I booked my cruise, so the coupon had to bearing on my decision. The actual price of the trip and the fact it was leaving 15 minutes from my house is what made my decision. I see this a bonus to my trip. Now I have including my TA credit, $310.00 on ship credit to start my trip. As a new pax, in which I felt that was the main thing missing for us on this Princess cruise is we're not in the loyalty program and would be starting at the bottom, I welcome the incentive to start my trip off. I may become a loyal Princess cruisers thanks to this.

Dont CC members receive discounts on rooms, etc.? So I'm sure CC members are getting specials that I as new cruiser isn't getting. You will receive other incentives once on board, I'm assuming. I've cruised Royal and Carnival before. I am a Platinum C&A Member, and as such I have received money off on balcony and above staterooms, onboard credits for booking while onboard, etc. We get gifts once onboard as well as coupons for various services on the ship. I know this is miniman to some of you but I like the small things sometimes. Between the discount, C&A coupon and Platinum status we have been able to save $300.00. That means a lot to me. I am assuming Princess' CC is somewhat similiar. It seems that each lines loyalty program is designed to keep past members cruising.

I too on RCCL have heard of people receiving aquamouses for filling out surveys the same I filled out but didn't get anything. I think some of it is the luck of the draw. I wasn't at all angry didn't feel the need to call them up, I just didn't get one. Dianmond members recieve things that Plantinum don't and so forth, I don't plan on calling them about it. Just how it goes.

My demo is 30's live on the West Coast.

Just my 12_8_6.gif 12_8_6.gif

Hey Barbara----

With all the days you have booked Princess will be paying you to sail!! LOL!!

We are looking forward to seeing you too -

Just like yourself, we really enjoy cruising with Princess - but it sure would be nice to be included in all these extra Perks - every little bit saved goes to having more to spend!!!:D

Lyman sends his best.....Renee

I really did not start this thread to brag or make people upset. I had questions about the promotion and was just wondering if anyone could help with the answers. We have been on Princess for two other ten day cruises, with the next ten day one in January already booked. This will be our thirteenth cruise total. I would not have posted if I knew so many people would have hurt feelings or feel "cheated". I am always happy for other people when they get a good deal, promotion, or break in some way. I have read these boards for several years and add something when I think I have something to add. I feel that I am being blasted for not being "elite" or having as many cruises with princess as others have. We have been on many other cruise lines and have liked many things about them, but when we went on the Dawn in 2002 we felt like we found our cruising home. I hope that for everyone that calls Princess to report how cheated they feel will realize that they may just do away with any promotions so everyone gets exactly the same. From now on if I do get something a little special or different from Princess I will think on it a little more before I share it on this board. Thanks for taking the time to respond to my questions.

Archived