An unusual HAL video

u4ea

My thoughts while watching....

1. What an over reaction as most of you already posted.

2. Video taping the Beverage Manager was very rude. I'm surprised the put up with that.

3. I wonder if she made her flight home as she was not worried at all about getting off the ship like most people.

4. I'm guessing not many people actually use the mini-bar. In 30+ years of travelling I don't think I've ever used anything out of a mini-bar and find those mini-bar inpections quite annoying! I do take stuff out of the mini-bar so I can add my own drinks.

• 2 weeks later...

This chick should have been at the dinner I was at with friends about a year ago. Someone needed a Tylenol, and one woman pulled out a little travel pack, and it had expired in 1980! I think her head would have exploded.

Old soda isn't going to kill anyone, I've had the holiday cans well past the holidays. Granted, HAL or any restaurant or store worth its salt should be checking up on this. But to make such a huge production. And I'm sure she was soooo concerned about all the other cabins too. I bet when she saw the expired cans, she pumped her fist and said "Yes!! Free cruise for me!" If she were really smart, she would have opened one and said she got sick after drinking it and THEN checked the exp. date. What a dingbat.

Those Orson Welles videos brought back memories. The drunk one was too funny, but I kind of felt bad for him. Sampling too much product I guesss.

She got me so irritated, I couldn't finish the video. Does she think she is with 20/20 or Dateline? :rolleyes:

Did y'all read the responses? The first one by a former employee!

Checking the expiration dates, reminded me of a story.

I love a good coincidence! Yesterday, I was shopping at the grocery store. The store had a sale on a brand of peaches that my DH and I love. It was two for $4, so knowing that the peach crop didn't do so well this past growing season (I live in the south where I thought all peaches came from, :) ) I decided to stock up because prices were bound to go up! After setting 4 jars in my buggy, I thought I'd better check for an expiration date. I could not believe my eyes! The jar said

"Peaches from Greece. Enjoy by June 2008."

Well, not only was I surprised that these peaches were not from South Carolina, but we will be making our first cruise to Greece in June 2008!:D

PS - Loved hearing the announcements and the toilet flushing. Felt like i was in the cabin with them!

Looks to be yet another passenger looking for a free cruise but she was down to the last minute. Poor thing she probably tried all week. Then I wonder if this crew member even knew he was being filmed, maybe but it did not seem like it. I did not waste my time to watch the whole thing but my guess was she was attempting to at least get some additional ship board credit to cover her bar tab:D

I think you might be onto something, Lisa! She may have waited til the last minute to get a credit. Cheesy.

I couldn't even watch it through to the end! :eek:

i did not watch to the end either. this gal spends far too much time with some of the trashier talk shows or court shows (no, i do not watch, unless the patients are watching when i go in). and all i can say, is boo dam hoo! outdated soda? that is it? picture this, my pearl harbor survivor grandpa, retired navy chief, scowling, and waving as if to push a dog down....... pah! that is a summation...

I have a good friend who was a refugee in Germany near the Polish border as a child during WWII. I hate to think of the things he ate, drank, saw and lived through from 1942 to 1950 when his family was allowed to come to the US to settle. A can of outdated soda would have been an unbelieveable treasure and treat shared among his family in small sips to make it last!

Most of the world goes to bed hungry tonight and that spoiled woman-child worries about outdated soda pop!!!

I have a good friend who was a refugee in Germany near the Polish border as a child during WWII. I hate to think of the things he ate, drank, saw and lived through from 1942 to 1950 when his family was allowed to come to the US to settle. A can of outdated soda would have been an unbelieveable treasure and treat shared among his family in small sips to make it last!

Most of the world goes to bed hungry tonight and that spoiled woman-child worries about outdated soda pop!!!

The extraordinary pettiness of this woman is so symptomatic of how selfish wev'e become and isolated from everything--war, hunger, displacement..but all in all I read the posts on this thread and realize this woman has no supporters here...which gives me hope.

My concern for her is she is consuming too many calories and not exercising. She appears to be twenty to thirty pounds over weight. That is a much greater risk to her health than an expired soft drink. Perhaps she should be drinking water. It has no calories and a longer shelf life.

I agree, she seems to be looking for the next great consumer law suit to prosecute, I wonder if she will be suing Mickey Dees for her over weight condition?:eek:

Jim,

Thanks for the offer! We did upgrade from a Vsomething (don't remember the letter) to an SY, we're hoping for an inexpensive upgrade offer to a "real" suite before we leave in May. Is that being too greedy? Heck, I'll be happy just to see the Oosterdam. Nah, that's a lie. I want my suite.:D

• 2 weeks later...
Looks to be yet another passenger looking for a free cruise but she was down to the last minute. Poor thing she probably tried all week. Then I wonder if this crew member even knew he was being filmed, maybe but it did not seem like it. I did not waste my time to watch the whole thing but my guess was she was attempting to at least get some additional ship board credit to cover her bar tab:D

She must have brought her own booze and mixer, if it took her THAT LONG to discover the expired cans in the mini bar!! I agree LOOOSER!!:eek:

Even if I were doing a B2B I would NEVER film something like that!

Give that Beverage Manager a raise!:D I would have pushed her overboard!:eek:

Archived