Question about aft room on Mariner

silverwolf

Hubby and I, along with a good friend, has decided to cruise Royal Caribbean after several cruises with another cruise line. I admit I am a little nervous but very excited-almost like cruising for the first time!:)

Our PVP suggested an aft balcony and we are booked in cabin number 1692. Now I am worried it is an obstructed view. Also, will anyone be able to see us from above or the sides?

I am so looking forward to this cruise, even if it is a year away! I am glad we decided to try something new and look forward to cruising on this fabulous ship.

Thanks in advance for the help.

We were on the Navigator 2 years ago and had this room. The balcony is huge and we really liked it. It had 2 lounge chairs and 2 regular chairs on it. You will be looking over the balconies below you, but no one will be looking down on you.(no rooms above you) Your view will be looking out forward, its really pretty to see the wake. The room is a long walk to the elevators, but it is very quite at the back of the ship. We all like the room and the view.

We will be cruising again next May, but have a hump room this time in the center of the ship. Never had one before and thought we would try something different.

Let me know if you have any other questions and have a great cruise! KMBB

Thanks so much for your kind response. It is so different when you cruise with a different cruise line and have a room different than what you are use to.

I almost feel like this is my first cruise! Hopefully I won't stress over every single detail. I am not a "picky" person, and take things in stride usually.

Again, thanks for your friendly response.:)

The Navigator is a beautiful ship and remains one of my all time favorites so far and the Mariner is a very close sister ship. If you click on my link below you will find some photos of an aft cabin from the Navigator. Actually some of the photos are of the cabin next door to the one that you have booked. The photos are of a Junior Suite but it will give you an idea of how deep the balcony is. The view is not bad at all. Those are some great cabins in the back.:)

An absolutely beautiful view from a nice big balcony. You won't regret it. There is a 'structure pole', but you won't see it after 5 minutes on the balcony.

We are already booked on Mariner out of LA - aft corner cabin 1688 - July 2009....it is that important to us :D

Dave

Archived