Question about booking excursions?

Rick Niles

I'm pretty sure that excursions can't be booked until 90 ?? days out. which would be around the time final payment would have been made I'm thinking.

The nice thing about Princess is that you don't actually pay for your excursions beforehand, as they appear on your shipboard account to be paid at the end of the cruise - yahoo.

It is 120 days. Keep checking because the cruise personalizer has it's quirks.

From the Princess website:

** Pre-reservations can often be made as early as 120 days prior to departure.

*** Pre-reservations are not available for passengers under the age of 18. For information on youth services, please visit or call the Lotus Spa or Shore Excursions Desk once onboard.

In most cases final payment is due 75 days prior to the cruise and excursions will open up at that time; that was what I was told by Princess.

I'm pretty sure that excursions can't be booked until 90 ?? days out. which would be around the time final payment would have been made I'm thinking.

The nice thing about Princess is that you don't actually pay for your excursions beforehand, as they appear on your shipboard account to be paid at the end of the cruise - yahoo.

Just keep checking back - they open sometime between 120 and 60 days prior to the cruise, based on actual experience, not based on what Princess says in their literature.

If you are in one the first two cruises on a route, it may be closer to 60 days until they finalize things with the tour providers, while if you are on one of the later cruises on a route, they may open things 120 or so before the departure date since they have all the details taken care of.

Call Princess and talk to a rep, give them your booking number, and tell them about the 120 days. They will tell you one thing but then ask for a supervisor of shore excursions. Make sure you have the tour number you want and say I want this tour. Look for the excursions for your cruise and make sure of the dates they are active, sometimes they have 2 numbers for the tour, get the one that is for your date. Tell the supervisor your web site says 120 days and hold them to it or tell them them you want to go to next level. You may get your tours. I did.

Try it,

Scott

I don't even know what excursions there are? Can you download the book some where? I remember getting all this info from Princess for our outher 2 cruises but not yet with this one? We will be taking the Grand in January?

Rick

Yours will probably open up on the Cruise Personalizer about 75 days before sailing.

If you want to see the types of excursions that will Probably be offered, you can find you cruise (voyage) as if you are going to book again (on the Princess site) and look at the "Excursions" section. Just bare in mind that not 100% of what is there will necessarily be offered, due to schedules, time of year, etc. But, at least that way you can get a good idea of what you are interested in and the prices.

I always do this and 90% of my choices are offered. You can actually book them once they appear in the Cruise personalizer (with times as well). Remember no charges will be made to you until you actually board the ship, and then you still can cancel any of them 1-2 days ahead of time. I think it is a good system.

So I emailed my TA about this and he said that until you have made your final payment the excursions will not open up? Anyone else been able to book excursions with out beeing all payed up?

I am from Canada and think the dollar is going to even get better so I don't want to pay just yet?

Rick

Archived