San Diego Cruise terminal

hjlanda22

Have a few questions....... we are driving into san diego from northern CA we will drive in the night before and stay in a hotel in LA and drive the remainder of the way in the morning. what about parking? does anyone know of where we park (its a 4 day cruise) . I dont think I want to stay in a hotel in san diego because that will be a long drive striaght from sacramento thats why we want to just stay in la and drive the rest of the way in the morning.

Does anyone know if it is at all like the long beach pier where you can do the EARLY chech in? If you can do the early check in then I would make sure to get there early at the long beach peir we were the first to check in (2 years ago)........

Have a few questions....... we are driving into san diego from northern CA we will drive in the night before and stay in a hotel in LA and drive the remainder of the way in the morning. what about parking? does anyone know of where we park (its a 4 day cruise) . I dont think I want to stay in a hotel in san diego because that will be a long drive striaght from sacramento thats why we want to just stay in la and drive the rest of the way in the morning.

Does anyone know if it is at all like the long beach pier where you can do the EARLY chech in? If you can do the early check in then I would make sure to get there early at the long beach peir we were the first to check in (2 years ago)........

You're sailing out of San Diego? Why/how would you check in early at Long Beach?

In San Diego, stay at the Holiday Inn Bayside. Its right across the street. Get a beer at Anthony's, too. :D

Here are directions to the pier when driving, and information about parking. Plan on at least 3 hours for your drive from LA. Traffic coming south on 5, even on a weekend, can be very heavy.

http://www.portofsandiego.org/sandiego_maritime/cruise/parking.asp

They will be disembarking the ship in the AM...no early check in, usually they won't even let you into the terminal building until 1130AM or so. We plan to arrive after 1PM in order to not have long lines to wait in at the terminal.

The parking lot across from the pier is not long for this world. There are plans to build there in the next 1-2 years.

First, the HI Bayside is near the airport at 4875 N Harbor, wheras the HI on the Bay is near the Terminal on the corner of Ash and N Harbor. When I called the Parking Lot across from the Terminal, they wanted $ 15/Day. Even though we are within 2 hrs of SD, our Roll Call is having a Pre Cruise dinner etc so we will be at the HI Bayside with car, got a group rate, and is cheaper with the Hotel then parking the car there. We will get Hotel Shuttle to Terminal. Its about 8 min out but like the Hotel package.

• 2 months later...

I highly recommend the Park and Go lot in San Diego...Good to have reservations, since on Thanksgiving they turned away 80 people before 12 noon...The service as excellent, and the staff was friendly, and helpful. There is a coupon to get the $8 rate on the net...

http://www.longtermparking.com/california.htm

I will use them again!!!!

Jan

I recently used the new Mission Brewery parking for two different flights out of town. I was able to get it for $6.75/day using an on-line coupon. Their service was good, easy to get to location, and the shuttle was fine. They also service the cruise port.

http://www.longtermparking.com/COUPONS/cpmissionsan.htm

Archived