Island Cruises cancels Island Star Cruise

Duncan J

The passengers were disembarked and flown home from Villefrance

http://www.islandcruises.com/press/release/16

The ship was still at anchor at Villefrance this morning.

The Cruise Bruise posting as the person above pointed out is completley made up - passengers left orderly throughout the day as their flights were arranged on the ships tenders. The weather was calm and sunny. And the crew are still onboard.

• 3 weeks later...

In response to the comment about the passengers abandoning ship off the coast of Nice. We were on this ship when it encountered the power failure. When we were evacuated by Lifeboat (the ship was moored over 1 mile from the tiny port of Villefranche) it was during a torrential thunderstorm with forked lightening above. We then had to locate our luggage and drag it up a steep hill in this thunderstorm to the coaches arranged to take us to the Airport. There was also the challenge of a diesel spillage from one of the coaches running down the hill which made this even more difficult as the road was then very slippy. The storm was so severe that the aeroplane from Manchester that was sent to take the passengers home, was not able to land in Nice until the storm subsided.

• 5 weeks later...
In response to the comment about the passengers abandoning ship off the coast of Nice.

We were on this ship when it encountered the power failure.

When we were evacuated by Lifeboat (the ship was moored over 1 mile from the tiny port of Villefranche)

it was during a torrential thunderstorm with forked lightning above.

We then had to locate our luggage and drag it up a steep hill in this thunderstorm

to the coaches arranged to take us to the Airport.

There was also the challenge of a diesel spillage from one of the coaches running down the hill

which made this even more difficult as the road was then very slippery.

The storm was so severe that the aeroplane from Manchester that was sent to take the passengers home,

was not able to land in Nice until the storm subsided.

What a nightmare!

Good grief!

I hope you've been refunded the cost of your cruise in full, but somehow I think that's wishful thinking.

In case it is, perhaps legal action in the form of a class action suit might persuade them otherwise :)

This...Island Cruises.. is the same new? cruise line that my local cruise rep. reccommended to me,

starting service out of Barbados sometime in 2009, but if this is how they run things...:eek:

I'll be keeping an eye on this section for the next year!

I don't pay multi-thousand dollars for 'adventure holidays' like this!:(

Maybe you can sell the movie rights!:D

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived