Partially covered mini suites?

Cozzette2

We are pre planning a Panama Canal cruise on the Coral. Since it is a 15 day cruise we are thinking the extra room in the mini suite is going to be worth the extra bucks. I have been researching the locations on the different decks and some are partially covered. Does that mean the overhang comes out half way over the balcony? I would like to look up and see stars at night but am not sure a totally uncovered is the way to go through the canal. I've heard it is hot and sometimes rainy. If you've been through the canal, what is your opinion on the covered, partially covered or not covered at all. Thanks Cozzette:)

We are pre planning a Panama Canal cruise on the Coral. Since it is a 15 day cruise we are thinking the extra room in the mini suite is going to be worth the extra bucks. I have been researching the locations on the different decks and some are partially covered. Does that mean the overhang comes out half way over the balcony? I would like to look up and see stars at night but am not sure a totally uncovered is the way to go through the canal. I've heard it is hot and sometimes rainy. If you've been through the canal, what is your opinion on the covered, partially covered or not covered at all. Thanks Cozzette:)

We were on the sister ship Island 2 weeks ago and in mini C-717. It is half covered and worked well, although I would want a fully covered one in Panama like you said due to the sun and heat. :)

We were on the sister ship Island 2 weeks ago and in mini C-717. It is half covered and worked well, although I would want a fully covered one in Panama like you said due to the sun and heat. :)

Colo Cruiser - We are looking at a mini on the Coral back in the same area that you were in (D705 thru D724). The Dolphin minis in that area are completely covered as I understand it. DH is concerned that there may be a lot of movement or vibration back that far. Did you notice any of that? This would be a northbound Alaska (inside passage). Thanks for your input.

Archived