Price of internet access for laptop

soxin2000

Hi! We have two college kids coming with us and need to use the internet. What is the fee for using it in room for the duration of the cruise? We are leaving Saturday on the Liberty.

why don't you just go to RCCL website?all the info is on it.

We will be on the Enchantment, and I do not have a laptop that has WI FI built in, so do you think they have the Hook up Package like they do on the bigger ships that I can purchase for use for the week?

I guess it is the phone line hook up, what else would it have with the package?

I know it will be very slow but only need it for a few mintues every night. That usually turns out to be a good 15 minutes with the slow dial up, but that is okay with me.

I have like $450 OBC so I have to use it up some how, hubby does not drink, lol

So let me know if anyone knows about Enchanment. The RCCL site does not say which ships have what on it.

Thanks in advance.

Sue

Hi! We have two college kids coming with us and need to use the internet. What is the fee for using it in room for the duration of the cruise? We are leaving Saturday on the Liberty.

If you take your own computer and hook it up in your cabin, on the Liberty you can use what RC calls "cyber cabin". You "rent" the card for the week, and I believe that the charge began as $100 for the week, but I don't know if they have raised it.

That gives you unlimited use IN YOUR CABIN, but it is dial-up speed.

I think that Radio uses this, so search his posts for newer information.

We will be on the Enchantment, and I do not have a laptop that has WI FI built in, so do you think they have the Hook up Package like they do on the bigger ships that I can purchase for use for the week?

I know it will be very slow but only need it for a few mintues every night. That usually turns out to be a good 15 minutes with the slow dial up, but that is okay with me.

So let me know if anyone knows about Enchanment. The RCCL site does not say which ships have what on it.

Thanks in advance.

Sue

For that kind of usage, unless you are driving to Fort Lauderdale, I would just use the internet café and buy a package of minutes. If you think that you will need about 15 minutes per day, and you are on a 5 day cruise, save a little money and buy the 60 minute package for $25.

If you take your own computer and hook it up in your cabin, on the Liberty you can use what RC calls "cyber cabin". You "rent" the card for the week, and I believe that the charge began as $100 for the week, but I don't know if they have raised it.

That gives you unlimited use IN YOUR CABIN, but it is dial-up speed.

I think that Radio uses this, so search his posts for newer information.

I inquired while I was on the Liberty and they DO NOT have cyber cabin available. The RC site also states this. What ships have the cyber cabins are listed below.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/customersupport/faq/details.do;jsessionid=0000reOEVkYMPvA9lN7PQBomL00:12hdhua36?pagename=frequently_asked_questions&pnav=5&pnav=2&faqSubjectName=Life+Onboard&faqId=310&faqSubjectId=334&faqType=faq

I inquired while I was on the Liberty and they DO NOT have cyber cabin available. The RC site also states this. What ships have the cyber cabins are listed below.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/customersupport/faq/details.do;jsessionid=0000reOEVkYMPvA9lN7PQBomL00:12hdhua36?pagename=frequently_asked_questions&pnav=5&pnav=2&faqSubjectName=Life+Onboard&faqId=310&faqSubjectId=334&faqType=faq

That's amazing info. I just assumed that cybercabin would continue to be available on all the "latest" ships.

I had looked on RC's website for this info, but my search did not take me to that page. Thanks for the link.

(btw, you should be careful not to be signed in as "you" when you search and post a link - I can see your "real" name. :))

Thanks in advance.

Sue

No, Enchantment doesn't have cyber cabin, only the Radiance and Voyager class. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

Thanks guys for the info.

I really do not need to go on from my cabin, I can do it from the Internet Cafe, I was just asking because I will have my laptop with me for the second half of my vacation, when we get off the ship we will be flying over to Bahamas to Atlantic and I use the lap top there, I am already hooked up with their codes from last year.

But glad to know in Feb. that Explorer has in cabin hook ups.

Sue

Archived