New cruise shoes

Sunshine91

These Oka-b shoes were featured in a small item in in the travel section of today's Washington Post. The article specifically mentions that the shoes are geared towards cruisers. :confused: When the reviewer wore them to the office, she was laughed out of the place. Some of the styles are OK, but to me, some are downright ugly. But, the prices are all very reasonable. (Sorry I couldn't post a pic) :)

http://www.shoesthatloveyou.com/Merchandise2.aspx?Category=24b76ba2-ac06-4691-b8b2-bf9dd719b4ed

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/09/28/AR2007092800548.html

Oh!! I want the red ones! There's no place like home, there's no place like home ...

UG-LEE :confused: :eek:

These Oka-b shoes were featured in a small item in in the travel section of today's Washington Post. The article specifically mentions that the shoes are geared towards cruisers. :confused: When the reviewer wore them to the office, she was laughed out of the place. Some of the styles are OK, but to me, some are downright ugly. But, the prices are all very reasonable. (Sorry I couldn't post a pic) :)

http://www.shoesthatloveyou.com/Merchandise2.aspx?Category=24b76ba2-ac06-4691-b8b2-bf9dd719b4ed

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/09/28/AR2007092800548.html

I wear SAS shoes, kinda boxy but comfortable. A couple years back we were at an outlet mall in the Smokies and they had an SAS outlet, so stopped in there and bought a new pair and wore them and put the old ones in a box.

DW was with me and of course had 15 more stores that needed her credit card, so I grabbed a bottle of water and my book and staked out a spot on the bench in front of the SAS store to await her return (sometime within the week).

So 20 min later, along come two young ladies about 19 or 20 and one of them starts to enter the SAS store. The other grabs her arm and says "you don't want to go in there ... they only sell old people shoes".

I beat her with my cane.

I can't stand Crocs either and they are super popular here (Colorado!).

I don't think I could wear plastic shoes like the ones features... because they are plastic and doesn't appear to be any ventilation - in warmer climates they would get especially "yucky" on the feet..:(

Michmike - I LOVE your stories, lol!!! That was too funny. :D

I agree on two counts: the shoes are ugly, and crocs are uglier. Crocs have been written up in our paper because children wearing them have been injured on escalators. That's all I'll say about that. Crocs should be recalled.

My most comfortable shoes for the last two summers were $7.95 rubber flip-flops from the drugstore. They have iridescent sequins on the wide thong part. The turquoise ones are the prettiest, but I also have brown, white and black. Too bad it's too cold now in Seattle to wear them (not that I wore them to work!).

Jim: I daresay you will never "get it" when it comes to shoes.

Mrs Muir

Crocs should be recalled.

My most comfortable shoes for the last two summers were $7.95 rubber flip-flops from the drugstore.

Mrs Muir

Ummm, regarding the Crocs, that's some pretty selective judgement. The number of incidents are miniscule in comparison to all other injuries reported on escalators. Escalators themselves are dangerous when people aren't paying attention. Since crocs are highly recommended by many podiatrists, there won't be a recall.

BTW, rubber flip-flops have been written up much more widely regarding ill effects on feet, backs, etc. Also, injuries due to wearing them while riding escalators....

Shouldn't this all be on the fashions boards? These topics already have threads going there....

Infohunter - Thanks for getting that pic posted. I tried several times last night, but couldn't, so used the link instead. That's the same pic the Post article used.

I think they look like something Minnie Mouse would wear, if she decided not to bother anymore. Ick. The company's website touts something about little massaging balls in the insole, so they are supposed to be really comfortable. Yeah right. Someone else first.

And Desdemona, I posted the info here because the shoes were marketed towards cruisers, it's not just a fashion piece in general. Which is what the F&B board is all about. :)

I've never worn crocs and have always heard about the comfort of them. I know that they are not the prettiest shoe but my problem with them are the width...I've tried on a pair just yesterday and my foot will not stay in them. Do they have any for more narrow feet?

Missygirl

I've never worn crocs and have always heard about the comfort of them. I know that they are not the prettiest shoe but my problem with them are the width...I've tried on a pair just yesterday and my foot will not stay in them. Do they have any for more narrow feet?

Missygirl

I'm the same way, and my feet are medium width. Not only do I not get the style, I don't get the love of their comfort. I felt like I'm tripping over myself when I walked in them - my feet were swimming.

The most comfortable shoes I own are Reef slaps. They are flip flops but with arch support, heel cradling, and a lot of cushioning. I have 3 pairs and love them to death. I walked all around different ports and never had a problem at all.

BBLCK.jpg

These are Keen Bali. I absolutely love them! They're as light as a feather, come in several colors and I can walk for miles on concrete, cobblestone, sand, mud, asphalt, etc. without any discomfort whatsoever. I have 3 pairs. ;)

Edited to add (in keeping with the cruise thing)...I wore them on 5 excursions during our last cruise.

Edited to add (in keeping with the cruise thing)...I wore them on 5 excursions during our last cruise.

I like how the toe is covered in those.

I kept wondering if wearing my Reef flip flops would be a problem in places like Pompei or the Colisseum. What do you think of that? What's the worst that can happen, I'll get dirty feet, right? They're very stable otherwise.

I had a great pair of walking shoes by Tsubo (I wore them for my Vancouver/Alaska trip) and I wore them to the dolphin game sunday and got a blister. They never did that to me before. :(

I'm at a loss for what else to bring to Europe besides my thongs. I read where one should bring two different walking shoes to alternate every day.

Archived