Best Motu Picnic?

Faith Lockhart

I am also doing the Marquesas Isl. Itinerary and I would love an alternative to Marc's trip. I am so disappointed that I can't take his tour. So I am also looking for something comparable to it. If that is possible. :-)

Chris

• 1 month later...

we were on the 9/24 cruise. on morrea we took the motu picni and snorkal tour thru princess.it turned out to be a very nice day, with good food, nice beach and good snorkaling with rays and fish. we may have over paid a little but not much. the tour lasted about 5 hours.

we did this instead of doing an independant because we got messed up on two other tours on differant islands[not marks]. stephan on reattia was supposed to be a whole day but another small cruise ship came in before us and booked him for a half day, so we could only get the afternoon. it was a great tour but our morning was waisted. the same thing happened in bora bora. also the coral garden drift tour on morrea can only be done with princess unless you can get 12 people together. we were told we were going to do the coral gardens but it seems the real coral garden is a national park and differant than were the independants take you unless you have a large group. also on bora bora DO NOT MISS THE AQUA SAFARI. it was the most wonderfull expereance we ever had. you can try to book this in advance on your own thru tahitiantraveler.com. if you do donot tell them you are on a princess cruise. they willnot honer your price or reservation.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi again Laurie,

I have emailed Marc's again and just this week faxed them. I've not heard a word. I guess the only thing left to do is call them?? I'm afraid we wont get a reservation. When are you going in January? This is pretty frustrating. We are all getting very excited about the trip. The boards here have been so much help.

Thanks again,

Suz

Suz

I just got a email reply from Marc today(Friday1/07/05) i think i emailed him about three days ago Still $80 for about the whole day from early morning to late afternoon didnt seem to be a problem to book, doesnt require a credit card in advance, i to was waiting and wondering, but i read that they always dont respond real fast, i know we are all so anxious, its hard to wait , so many decisions so little time. If you have any other excursions that you can share iam just starting to book for our April trip this year and it seems so hard to find off the ship excursions, although these boards have been so great to read and so much help, it just takes alot of time to find the information. Anyone with any good off ship 4x4 experience any island other than Papeete?

Thanks

Eric

Hi Eric,

Thanks for the info. As it turns out, I ended up calling Marc on his cell phone and confirmed. He had received and responded to my emails, however, I had a some sort of blocker on my email and it didn't get through. Nor did alot of other email I was waiting for! The fax, that's another story. My husband neglected to tell me that there had been a response. So, I felt pretty silly when I spoke to Marc! So in 12 days, we'll be enjoying the Motu picnic. Don't know of any 4X4's, but if we find out any info while we're there, I'll be happy to pass it on.

just back, Marc's was a highlight of the trip! It was so much fun!!!

4 X4- we did this with Patrick on Tahiti, 4 hours for 45pp, it was a fun trip! we picked up a drift snorkel on Raiatea through West Coast Charters inside the visitors center- only for experienced snorkelers. we picked up a great snorkel/shark feeding/ ray feeding/ manta ray trip on Bora Bora. on the dock in front of the building in front of the tender. It was on the left end of table set up. we did a snorkel/ shark/ motu picnic tour through Alberts Tours on Moorea- picked up at the tender dock- fun, but be prepared for too many people!

CruzinSuz

Got another reply from Marc's he has started another type of tour where you go 4x4 part of the day and then meet up to snorkel and picnic with the other tour, the latter part of afternoon for about 100 per person. This is what we are going to do. This way we can do a little of both. You might check with him. Iam waiting for him to get enough people to make up the tour for our april trip.

Eric:cool:

• 2 weeks later...

Archived