Air Tran for HC?

willieg

Has anyone flown Air Tran to Fort Lauderdale or San Francisco and can share their HC flying experience? We usually use Delta, but after a horrible experience to Vancouver we are looking at Air Tran.

We were jammed into a 757 left over from the Song fleet. There is no bulkhead seating and we felt that we were in prison. It was a dangerous situation. There were young people sitting in the exit rows in front of us. We had to appeal to the Problem Resolution Officer to get a better flight home. Don't listen if the agent tells you that there is plenty of room in a regular row.

Hope that someone can help us out

when you say young people in the exit isle are you talking kids??

--

I know airtran now charges you 15.00 pp for those seats..

where in the past you had to show up at the gate to let them see you can handle the exit isle incase of emergencies.

today-- to purchase your seats will cost you 5.00 each seat.

with airtran you can call 23 hours and 58 minutes to try to upgrade to first class for 50 bucks.

We find most the legroom on most planes extremely cramped today. AirTran is no different unless you can upgrade to their first class.

As you indicated, bulkhead seating usually , but not always, provides more legroom. We always found AirTran to be very helpful in assigning my husband to bulkhead seat. However, if the bulkhead is also an exit row, it is illegal for the handicapped to sit there. Therefore knowing the plane configuration helps (as long as the airline does not change planes on your route.) I found http://www.seatguru.com/ to be a good source for information about the plane configuration so I could try to avoid flights where bulkhead rows are also exit rows.

We are flying on Air Tran in November. I am traveling with my diabled mom. I booked 3 months ahead and asked for bulkhead seating as mom really needs it but all bulkhead seats were already taken.

Will give a review of Air Tran upon return.

Linda

Archived