NEW Carnival perk for 25+ sailings...

Tom-n-Cheryl

Got ours yesyerday too ! Plan on using it on or March cruise, will keep you posted. However I read that it's 25% off of CRUISE FARE, so I am betting it doesnt cover port charges and taxes. But every little bit helps !

They just calculated the credit for our 10/25 sailing - and it appears that the 25% is based on CRUISE FARE + PORT CHARGES!!! (this was a shocker to me too!). I was told that it will be applied appx. 2 days prior to sailing.

Tom

Tom, You should check with LHP and see if she got a letter or fax. She will be very happy to hear this. She has been trying for a new card for over 20 cruises

We were on the Victory (got home late yesterday) and are headed right back out of town tomorrow (Post office closed for Columbus Day) so we won't get our letter until we get back on FRIDAY .... uuuggghhh!!!! :eek:

Unless the Post Master wants to open up the Post Office just so I can get the letter!!!!

Ccl Expands Their Concierge Club...25-50 Etc...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Carnival Cruise Lines Expands 'Concierge Club' Program to Include Shipboard Credits for Milestone Cruises

Carnival Cruise Lines on 03 October, 2007 13:23:00

Members Earn Shipboard Credits of Up to 75 Percent of Cruise Fare, Even Free Cruises, Based on Number of Voyages Taken

MIAMI -- Carnival Cruise Lines has expanded its "Concierge Club" guest recognition program to provide members with shipboard credits when they achieve a "milestone" cruise with the line.

With the new shipboard credit benefit, "Concierge Club" members who sail on their 25th, 50th and 75th "Fun Ship" cruise will receive a shipboard credit representing 25, 50 or 75 percent of their cruise fare, respectively, for that particular voyage. Those sailing on their 100th "Fun Ship" cruise earn a complimentary Caribbean, Mexican Riviera or Alaska voyage of up to eight days in length. This new milestone cruise benefit is in addition to the wide range of amenities and privileges that "Platinum" cardholders already receive.

Carnival's "Concierge Club," which was created exclusively for "Platinum" cardholders who have sailed with the line 10 or more times, provides a variety of amenities and privileges to recognize longtime guests for their loyalty and support.

"The 'Concierge Club' has been met with incredible response since being launched last year and this new shipboard credit benefit is just another way of Carnival recognizing and thanking our loyal and valued guests," said Gerry Cahill, Carnival president and CEO.

Prior to their "milestone" cruise, guests will receive a personalized letter from Cahill informing them of the shipboard credit or free cruise they will earn in conjunction with their next milestone cruise.

Carnival has also established a special toll-free line, 1-877-CCL-VIPS (1-877-225-8477) that is staffed on a 24/7 basis and designated specifically for questions regarding the new shipboard credit/free cruise benefit for "Concierge Club" members.

In addition to the rewards for significant milestone cruises, all Platinum cardholders are entitled to the following shipboard benefits and features:

* Petit fours and/or canapes delivered to cabin one evening

* Personalized stationery

* A special Carnival logo item

* Guaranteed dining times and supper club reservations * Complimentary entry fee into blackjack or slot tournament * Spa Carnival priority reservations and complimentary treatment * Complimentary wash and fold laundry service

* Complimentary arcade tokens for members under age 18 * Priority tender boarding

* Priority embarkation and debarkation Additionally, an exclusive concierge desk for Platinum cardholders has been established at the pursers information desk aboard every Carnival ship. A dedicated phone line is available fleetwide, as well.

"Carnival Concierge Club" members also receive a special Welcome Aboard letter from Cahill in their stateroom detailing the exclusive amenities and privileges available during their cruise.

Shipboard credits and free cruises received for milestone cruises are non-transferable and non-refundable. Certain other restrictions apply.

Carnival is the largest and most popular cruise line in the world, with 22 "Fun Ships" operating voyages ranging from three to 18 days in length to the Bahamas, Caribbean, Mexico, Alaska, Hawaii, New England, Canada, Bermuda, Europe, the Greek Isles and South America.

The line currently has three new ships on order, including the 113,300-ton Carnival Splendor, set to launch Carnival's first Northern European cruise program July 13, 2008, and the 130,000-ton Carnival Dream and Carnival Magic -- to be the largest "Fun Ships" ever constructed when they enter service in June 2009 and October 2011, respectively.

For additional information on Carnival's "Fun Ship" vacations, contact any travel agent, call 1-800-CARNIVAL or visit carnival.com.

Carnival Cruise Lines, a unit of Carnival Corporation & plc (NYSE/LSE: CCL; NYSE: CUK), is a proud member of the exclusive World's Leading Cruise Lines. Our exclusive alliance also includes Holland America Line, Princess Cruises, Cunard Line, Costa Cruises, and The Yachts of Seabourn. Sharing a passion to please each guest, and a commitment to quality and value, our member lines appeal to a wide range of lifestyles and budgets. Together, we offer exciting and enriching cruise vacations to the world's most desirable destinations.

Got home from Louisville yesterday BEFORE the Post Office closed just to make sure we had "the letter" from Carnival and we did.

YEA!! We just need to call and use the reference number they gave us!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Well - we are now on the Sensation - for our MILESTONE REWARDS sailing.

We decided to go ahead and redeem both of ours on this sailing, giving us a little over $500 OBC... not too shabby!

Also, the S&S cards have a "nifty" little Milestones sticker on them!

Tom

Also, the S&S cards have a "nifty" little Milestones sticker on them!

Tom

And it looks like:

213950648-M.jpg

I was actually IMPRESSED that they have this program in place on the ships - such that they have the stickers to place on the cards. I know that it's a very trivial item, but someone actually had to think this through, and have these stickers on hand. Kudos!!

Now... the question is... will we have these little stickers on our cards from here on out... or do we have to wait until our 50th sailing, at which point we get a (gold?) sticker on our cards?

BTW - everyone who took our S&S card for purchases definitely did a double take. I doubt that they have made most of the staff aware of this new program.

Tom

Congratulations! I hope to join you in that prestigious rank some day (in my distant future!). Right now, I'm just working on Platinum. :rolleyes: I think it is admirable of Carnival to give something back to their loyal customers. Hats off to my favorite cruise line! :)

• 1 month later...
Yes - I thought we would try some other lines...

We did a quickie 3-day on RCI Sov. OTS - some good points, some not. We are looking forward to our sailing on Celebrity (Century) over Valentines/President's day - as well as the Constellation next Christmas.

I do look forward to hearing your opinion of Celebrity on the Constellation!!! Where is that one going??

Tom

Very nice, but does it guarantee Grand Cayman? :)

Sorry, had too.;) Looks like Conquest missed it this week as well.

Very nice, but does it guarantee Grand Cayman? :)

Sorry, had too.;) Looks like Conquest missed it this week as well.

You know, Snooze, even when we are able to tender in (Grand Cayman) - we usually opt to just stay on the ship!! :D

Tom

You know, Snooze, even when we are able to tender in (Grand Cayman) - we usually opt to just stay on the ship!! :D

Tom

Actually last time we just went in and ordered liquor to be delivered to the ship and was back on board by lunch. How many times can you kiss a stingray?

BTW-I see your just a few posts shy of 5K.

• 3 months later...
Did anyone ever find out if you get OBC for your 26th, 27th etc...Dennis

Evidently not, as we received the same Milestone Rewards sticker for our 12/6/07 cruise - but no OBC.

We will just have to wait until our 50th Carnival sailing... LOL

We will have to make VERY SURE that our 50th, 75th, and 100th (dth?) are for VERY special (long/expensive) sailings!!!

Tom

I'm not sure if this is selfish or not but to only get ONE 25% on board credit for ONE cruise between 25 and 50 does not seem right to me...

I personally believe you guys and all future 25 and more cruisers should get more than just one milestone reward...

Just my opinion....

I'm not sure if this is selfish or not but to only get ONE 25% on board credit for ONE cruise between 25 and 50 does not seem right to me...

I personally believe you guys and all future 25 and more cruisers should get more than just one milestone reward...

Just my opinion....

We are still hoping they will add a Black card with appropriately added perks for 25 cruise and more...but have not heard anything in concrete yet.

I would imagine that Carnival is watching how quickly the "Platinums" increase.

Just my opinion....

I feel that way also - but at least at this point, what they are offering is more than they WERE offering...

Perhaps after achieving that 25 cruise point they could offer a 10% (of fare) OBC until you get to 50 (where you then get a 50% credit). Then from 51 to 74 I think a flat 20% OBC would be nice... 76-99, let's shoot for 30% !!! Now you are starting to talk REAL incentive to repeat and repeat...

We are still hoping they will add a Black card with appropriately added perks for 25 cruise and more...but have not heard anything in concrete yet.

I would imagine that Carnival is watching how quickly the "Platinums" increase.

Or how about a houndstooth black/platinum... :D

272463039_e64q7-S.png

Tom

How many do you think there are? I have been on cruises where there are only a dozen,but I have heard of hundreds.

That's a really good question and one I would like to know the answer to as well.

When the program first came out...there were as few as 8 (4 of which was our family) and as many as 15.

Now (on some cruises that have an older clientele) the most we have seen is around 35. However, I have read posts about 150??? Now whether that is true or not ...I don't know.

I will ask John and see if he knows....

Archived