sailing in 5 days- can you still get the senior dis. that came out?

My aunt and uncle are taking their first cruise on Sunday. They know nothing about cruising----NOTHING...so they asked me to look into their cruise and do some research (ports, ship, ect..)

So, I found out that they are offering a senior discount for this sailing. Can they still get it? :confused: They are being told NO---booked through TA

They should be able to...........some TAs are funny about giving back credit esp after paying.........But unless someone else knows more,I say yes, they should be able to get the difference back in credit........

Yes they could but the TA has to be willing to do it and it sounds like they are not cooperating. Unfortunately this close to sailing they don't have many options.

Hate to admit it- but I assumed it was a TA thing:(

Thanks for the responses;)

Is the TA local? If they are I would go in and demand a three-way call with RCCL . Unfortunately there have been plenty of threads with similar situations concerning, price drops, senior discounts, residency discounts,etc that TA won't or don't honor.

Not really sure if this close in to sailing they would be able to receive it. The problem this close in is that the cruiseline has already paid commission, and once this is done, the cruiseline normally will not change anything. I recently had a group that I was able to get discounts for up to about 3 weeks of sailing, but within the week, I was not able to.

Not really sure if this close in to sailing they would be able to receive it. The problem this close in is that the cruiseline has already paid commission, and once this is done, the cruiseline normally will not change anything. I recently had a group that I was able to get discounts for up to about 3 weeks of sailing, but within the week, I was not able to.

I always help some of my friends make their reservations and such and I always check different pricing for them when I am doing my own. Last year they were going on the Explorer and 3 or 4 days before they offered a senior discount I called RCCL directly and it was credited to their credit card right away, we were able to see the credit online on their credit card before they left.

she called back as an "informed" lady, the TA granted the discount.;)

They are sailing Adventure of the seas. They WERE booked in an inside VERY FORWARD on deck 6.

I told her what ocean view cabin was open midship - on deck 2. So, she requested that cabin. So, she was upgraded to the OV and she still is getting money back!:D

Im so excited for them with this being their 1st cruise! Lets see how long it takes for them to get the cruise bug.

she called back as an "informed" lady, the TA granted the discount.;)

They are sailing Adventure of the seas. They WERE booked in an inside VERY FORWARD on deck 6.

I told her what ocean view cabin was open midship - on deck 2. So, she requested that cabin. So, she was upgraded to the OV and she still is getting money back!:D

Im so excited for them with this being their 1st cruise! Lets see how long it takes for them to get the cruise bug.

Oh, I am so happy for you, I know there is the doc dance, we need to come up with a "got money back and got upgraded" dance.....put your left foot in....Tell them Sue says to have a wonderful cruise!!

Thanks all!

I just cant wait to hear what they say when they get back....:p

Like I said this is their 1st!!!!!! And they know NOTHING - have researched NOTHING! I cant imagion their faces when they step onto that georgous ship! Can we say heart attack? They have never even looked at pics of a cruise ship before:eek:

I have tried to prepare them...muster drill....:rolleyes: and such.

Thanks again for the info. And, now we know - yes even 5 days out, you CAN get that discount!

Archived