Has anyone heard any updates on the crazy cruise from a few weeks ago?

MamaParrotHead

I don't remember which sailing, but the ship where the people onboard for the group cruise literally took OVER the ship? Physically threatening other passengers and crew, not allowing others access to public areas. :confused: I've been watching but haven't seen or heard anything. Just curious.

I don't remember which sailing, but the ship where the people onboard for the group cruise literally took OVER the ship? Physically threatening other passengers and crew, not allowing others access to public areas. :confused: I've been watching but haven't seen or heard anything. Just curious.

As far as I know, nothing has been said. I doubt we will hear anything unless letters were written as they should have been. To be honest, I doubt that Carnival will do anything, we are talking about money. I could be wrong, an I hope I am, but it would not surprise me if they did not.

Have I asked you where in IA you're located? There are so few of us here that are willing to eat the airfare to feed our cruise addiction, LOL. :p

I can not believe you just asked me that, I was just going to ask you LOL.

We live in Waverly, 90 miles west of Dubuque. Your right since someone neglected to put an ocean close to us, we do have to eat that airfare. And since we are going to Europe next September we have gone with Carnival as I just do not think we can get air fair form Des Moines to London and Rome to Des Moines less than $1,200.00. I am going to keep checking as the rates just became available yesterday, but so far they want us to come two to three days before we sail and we only want to go one.

Did you know I'm from Dubuque, or just using it as a reference point? LOL

Good luck on that airfare...I wouldn't give in and book with Carnival until I was completely sure there was no hope. We usually fly out of Moline (IL), but occasionally can find decent airfare right out of Dubuque. I recently have been researching for our next trip (Glory 11/09, I think, LOL) and found a direct Moline to Orlando flight for like $265!

Good luck on that airfare...I wouldn't give in and book with Carnival until I was completely sure there was no hope. We usually fly out of Moline (IL), but occasionally can find decent airfare right out of Dubuque. I recently have been researching for our next trip (Glory 11/09, I think, LOL) and found a direct Moline to Orlando flight for like $265!

OK, this is getting odder, I just used Dubuque as a reference LOL.

We have always went with Carnival and as of now, we have their airfare. With us going to London and coming back from Rome, it is called an open jawed trip. I honesty do not see us getting it cheaper, but I will continue to look. The price of the airfare on Carnival, has gone up since we booked the end of July.

Hello..this is off topic since i am not posting about the cruise in question..I just thought it was great to see some other Iowan's posting!!! We are from Ankeny..about 10 miles north of DesMoines...and yes, we eat the airfare also!!! Our cruise next month and in Feburary, we are flying out of Kansas City...I couldn't beat the prices!!

Hello..this is off topic since i am not posting about the cruise in question..I just thought it was great to see some other Iowan's posting!!! We are from Ankeny..about 10 miles north of DesMoines...and yes, we eat the airfare also!!! Our cruise next month and in Feburary, we are flying out of Kansas City...I couldn't beat the prices!!

Hey there, nice to meet you and you are not off topic as the OP is the one that started it LOL. So, I do not think she is going to mind. We should all get together her in Iowa or better yet, come and visit my DH and I when we are on the Texas Gulf Coat for the winter. We have a condo that we rent, right on the beach :D

We really should look more into flights when we cruise, we just don't. We could even fly out of St. Louis as our daughter and her family live there and we could stay with them before we leave. To be honest until I started posting on this board I have learned more in the two moths about cruising than I ever have.

I'm happy to see other Iowan cruisers. EVERYONE around here are AI freaks...just don't get why anyone would want to cruise. I've quit trying to explain it. A.) it's nearly impossible unless you experience it, and B.) the less people that know what a good deal and good time cruising is, the better for the rest of us! :D

I'm happy to see other Iowan cruisers. EVERYONE around here are AI freaks...just don't get why anyone would want to cruise. I've quit trying to explain it. A.) it's nearly impossible unless you experience it, and B.) the less people that know what a good deal and good time cruising is, the better for the rest of us! :D

I wish we cruised more, but my DH is not willing to go with me if we did. He tolerates our anniversary cruises because he knows how much I love them, but to do it every year, no I am sad to say he would not. He would rather be golfing and or fishing. So, that is why we go to the Texas Gulf Coast in the winter, he gets to fish and I get the Gulf of Mexico. Not anywhere near cruising, but you won't hear me complain. I can not wait until we go to Europe though, I am so excited.

I wish we cruised more, but my DH is not willing to go with me if we did. He tolerates our anniversary cruises because he knows how much I love them, but to do it every year, no I am sad to say he would not. He would rather be golfing and or fishing. So, that is why we go to the Texas Gulf Coast in the winter, he gets to fish and I get the Gulf of Mexico. Not anywhere near cruising, but you won't hear me complain. I can not wait until we go to Europe though, I am so excited.

Our vacation budget isn't as plentiful as I wish. Having two small kids, plus I chose to stay home and provide in home child care for my kids so I could be with them...not exactly a high paying job. Our plan up to this point has been to cruise every other year, just the two of us. And the opposite years do something fun (above and beyond the long weekend and theme park trips) with the kids. Now that they're older, we have to save up double the normal cruise budget to take them with us. We'll see how that works....;)

Our vacation budget isn't as plentiful as I wish. Having two small kids, plus I chose to stay home and provide in home child care for my kids so I could be with them...not exactly a high paying job. Our plan up to this point has been to cruise every other year, just the two of us. And the opposite years do something fun (above and beyond the long weekend and theme park trips) with the kids. Now that they're older, we have to save up double the normal cruise budget to take them with us. We'll see how that works....;)

Sounds like you have your hands full. My Mother worked in a Day Care Center for 35 years, do not know how she did it. I guess the gene that had her do it, passed me by. We are blessed, both of us are retired and we are able to do the things we want, now. I am happy with the things the way they are now. I would like to crusie more, but since I would have to go alone, I want to find someone to go with me. I am sure there are more like me out there, with husband that do not like to sail like I do.

I'm another Iowan who has to eat the airfare costs to get anywhere! :D We're in Clinton so we usually drive to Moline to catch flights; it's closest to us. We could drive the two hours to ORD, but I have no desire to navigate in that kind of traffic! :)

I've tentatively priced air for our 1/3/09 Glory cruise (unless I switch to Splendor and I'm not sure about that yet) and that's about the same prices I got for flying out of ORD. If you don't mind my asking, where did you find that price going out of MLI? I must not be looking in the right places!

I still think they should just put a ship on the Mississippi! :D I can literally walk 3 blocks and be at the riverbank. No fair! :cool:

PS- I tried staring an Iowa cruisers thread in the Floataway but only got I think one reply. I think I'll go find it again so we all can 'meet' there! :)

Here it is!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=594704&highlight=iowa+cruisers

I used travelocity to look up the fares. Actually, right now it's showing Moline to Orlando (change planes in Detroit) for $205 pp on Northwest (at the time frame we're looking at, late November). In checking out your time frame (with '08 pricing, obviously) leaving MLI that Friday before the cruise, it's showing $226 pp for a nonstop into Orlando, and then returning that Friday afternoon that the ship returns.

Just another Iowan checking in. I'm from Cedar Falls, right next door to the Waverly poster! We're in Waverly often, husband's family lives there. I don't post here often but do read the posts everyday and have learned a lot! I took my first cruise in February and drove to Mobile. This November we will be driving to New Orleans and spending 2 nights there before the Fantasy cruise. I hate the hassle of flying although you do need to have enough vacation to add more days for the driving.

Hello Fellow Iowans:;)

Maybe we should start a new thread. I've been taking cruises for the past 20 years now and we live in Des Moines, Iowa. I told my husband we should retire to Florida and we would be able to take more cruises....but we take several a year and we're not retired yet, so I'm not sure how many more we would take if we lived in Florida. You don't see too many people from Iowa on these boards, so it's good to talk to other people who know the problem with the airfare. We're about to take our 42nd cruise in two weeks (our 3rd cruise this year) to Hawaii on the Radiance of the Seas, RT for 15 days; and then for New Years Eve, we're on the Jewel of the Seas. We started out with Carnival and NCL and now we cruise mostly on RCCL and Princess.

I come to CC every day, as I find very few people I know and work with who have cruised or have any interest in it. We took our first one on the Norway in 1987, after our kids got in college and we've been cruising ever since. To the Ankeny cruiser, my daughter and her husband work in Ankeny. I remember a long time ago (I'm pretty old) when it was a new development and now it has just about everything.

Happy Cruising....Sparkle 10 (Anita)

PS I hate the rain today. :( I can't wait to be going to Hawaii in a couple of weeks.:p

We fly out of Omaha so I can feel your pain. So which hockey team do you support?

NHL, I'd have to go with the Blackhawks, although I haven't really followed them since Jeremy Roenick left in '96. Minor league the Wolves have a special place in my heart, a dear friend used to play for them and passed away a few years ago.

I was a rink rat at the local Junior A league when I was little, our family actually housed players, but I'm fairly sure you're not talking about them. :)

Archived