Has anyone heard any updates on the crazy cruise from a few weeks ago?

MamaParrotHead

Thanks Terri910...I enjoyed the information on the "goat fainting" and "cow tipping". The video was very informative about the goats...and not too sure that "cow tipping" is something the cows would like...but very interesting thank you.

So far I've learned where the updates are for the woman who's cruise was terrorized (the Floataway Lounge), helped Lora scout out airfare, learned that there is an Iowa thread there as well, and been able to partially enlighten someone on a stereotypically midwestern total hick past time. :p I'm surprised the self-appointed "How Does This Post Relate To Carnival?" Police haven't arrived on the scene yet.:p

Yeah, we'd better book it over to our Floataway thread before we get arrested! :p

I'll make it Carnival related for you all. Are there cow tipping contests aboard Destiny? ;)

I can not believe you just asked me that, I was just going to ask you LOL.

We live in Waverly,

Small world ! ! I grew up in Northeastern Iowa and went to college at Wartburg in Waverly . . . sorry for the hijack. :)

Small world ! ! I grew up in Northeastern Iowa and went to college at Wartburg in Waverly . . . sorry for the hijack. :)

It really is a small world.

I live two blocks from Wartburg. You have not hijacked this thread, this is by far the oddest thread on the board LOL. All these Iowans popping out of the woodwork. I am sad that even though you grew up in Northeastern Iowa, you had to leave and go to, where was it, California. That is the one thing we have got to stop, keep our young people here, not send them away :(

It really is a small world.

I live two blocks from Wartburg. You have not hijacked this thread, this is by far the oddest thread on the board LOL. All these Iowans popping out of the woodwork. I am sad that even though you grew up in Northeastern Iowa, you had to leave and go to, where was it, California. That is the one thing we have got to stop, keep our young people here, not send them away :(

The only reason I left was more opporunity, I felt that if I did not get out I would be stuck the rest of my life.

I love where we live now, my husband is great, but I have to say I LOVE IT when I go back to Iowa

I will be back the end of this month and I cannot wait

The only reason I left was more opporunity, I felt that if I did not get out I would be stuck the rest of my life.

I love where we live now, my husband is great, but I have to say I LOVE IT when I go back to Iowa

I will be back the end of this month and I cannot wait

I do understand that, more opportunity. My own daughter had to leave too, she now lives in St. Louis working for a huge law firm. She will never come back to Iowa, but she and her family come to visit, and I will take that.

Have a wonderful trip back home, and while you are here, we will be in St. Louis.

I think she was 'afraid' to post a full re-review.. I emailed her a contact name of someone that helped me tremendously and generously.. she said she would update me and never did.. so i guess one has to wonder...

I think she was 'afraid' to post a full re-review.. I emailed her a contact name of someone that helped me tremendously and generously.. she said she would update me and never did.. so i guess one has to wonder...

The review has been up for about a week now. Maybe you ought to check things out before you accuse.

The review has been up for about a week now. Maybe you ought to check things out before you accuse.

She has also been in contact with Carnival via phone and email regarding her concerns. There is still post on the floataway lounge about it, along with others who collaborate her experience on the ship. I frankly couldn't believe the abuse she took on this board for posting her experience. :mad:

That is so true. They forget, and how on earth they could as we are on the news every single night, we are first in the Nation Caucus. We start it all, but all they can think of is corn and apparently cows that tip over, with help of course :rolleyes: .

Don't take it to heart. When I first moved to ME from PA, people asked me if I'd have electricity FTLOG :rolleyes:

Face it, some people don't get out much. :p

She has also been in contact with Carnival via phone and email regarding her concerns. There is still post on the floataway lounge about it, along with others who collaborate her experience on the ship. I frankly couldn't believe the abuse she took on this board for posting her experience. :mad:

I'll put it simply....Because there were other reviews that were WAY different than hers. When reading her review, it sounded as if the entire ship was held at bay by a group of hooligans. Other people who went on that cruise didn't see the same thing she saw, so her perception of what happened was different than others. AND, You can't believe everything you read on these boards all the time. Everyone needs to be cautious of what they see here because anyone can jump on and print anything they like. You have to carefully weigh out everything before you jump on a bandwagon.

So if people doubted her or were skeptical, you can't fault them.

There were others who also experienced what she did. She did take alot of grief here, but she persevered and it sounds like she got something from Carnival that made her state that she would cruise with them again.:)

There were others who also experienced what she did. She did take alot of grief here, but she persevered and it sounds like she got something from Carnival that made her state that she would cruise with them again.:)

I know...I was just answering to the statement about why people jumped on her.

Honestly, I know it must be difficult to post your experience and not be believed, but let's face it, we don't KNOW this person...you can't just trust someone 100% just because they take the time to post somethining here. It would be irresponsible to not give it time and see how truthful it is.

Don't take it to heart. When I first moved to ME from PA, people asked me if I'd have electricity FTLOG :rolleyes: Face it, some people don't get out much. :p

So if people doubted her or were skeptical, you can't fault them.

I remember defending the poster and she probably did have some valid reasons to be upset. I think we all have a breaking point, some can go a long time, some not so much. When you are on a large ship like the one she was on, with a huge group like there was, there can't help be some problems. I guess it just comes to staying out of their way, and you will be hopefully fine.

That is so funny. I am originally from Texas and that is where I met my husband and he is from Iowa. Right after he was discharged, we took out six week old baby girl and moved to Iowa. When I finally was able to go back home about eighteen months later, my Grandmother asked me the same thing, do you have electricity. I said yes Grandma we do, but they do not have Mexican Food and I can't wait to have some :eek:

Grip yourself. It was you who said she was "afraid" not I. You need to learn how to comprehend your own written word

I comprehend quite well, and if you bothered to read the entire thread in the floataway lounge you would have seen where Nancy had reservations about posting.. Perhaps afraid was the wrong word, semantics.. But I dont think it was in the literal sense, but more aprehensive since she was 'attacked' but some posters here.

You were just looking for an argument weren't you?

Have a nice day

Addendum:

The word afraid appears in a private email

So here is a post from Nancy that is aprehensive

September 18th, 2007, 06:28 PM

Nancy717

Cool Cruiser Join Date: Jan 2002

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I thought about posting it here as well, but I was fairly certain it would be either edited, removed or begin another firestorm of criticism

Nancy and Mike

I comprehend quite well, and if you bothered to read the entire thread in the floataway lounge you would have seen where Nancy stated she was afraid to post it.. I dont think afraid in the literal sense, but more aprehensive since she was 'attacked' but some posters here.

You were just looking for an argument weren't you?

Have a nice day

Looks like one of those days :(

Again I wasn't the one who said "afraid". If you used the wrong word then so be it, but I believe the original poster was far from afraid in the orignal thread and in continuing to post another review and to continue to communicate via the Floataway Lounge and in no way deserved to be characterized using that word.

Again I wasn't the one who said "afraid". If you used the wrong word then so be it, but I believe the original poster was far from afraid in the orignal thread and in continuing to post another review and to continue to communicate via the Floataway Lounge and in no way deserved to be characterized using that word.

What are you missing here? It was not meant as a slam

It was sympathetically as it can be very intimidating here..

You really need to move on

Archived