plus size clothing chicago/miami?

catharina

Hi everyone!

I am cruising in march, and before we go to Chicago and Miami. I am a plus size girl from the Netherlands (I think an american size 22) and I want to do some serious shopping while I am over. here not much nice to get in big siz]es... Can you give me tips on weher I can find nice (young) clothes in plus sizes (also lingerie etc) in the Chicago area and in Miami?

Carina

Yes, you will, you might want to try to look at these online sites

http://www.avenue.com and http://www.laynebryant.com, I have also found very nice plus clothes at www.kaufmann's.com, you can order online and the sizes are pretty true to fit and also there are store locators on the sites so you can find the stores in the cities were you will be visiting. Try to find a store named Ashley Steward, nice clothes, also check at TJ Maxx and Marshall's in Chicago or Miami. Have fun shopping

Wow thanks, these are some useful tips from you there! I will definately check out the sites..

Friends of mine who visited the States earlier said that there was almost no plus size clothing to be found.

I thought this must be bogus with a lot of big people walking around!!

I really like brand clothing like Tommy Hilfiger, levi´s etc. But they don´t go past size 12 here... I hope to find nice things there. I heard clothes are cheaper also!

By the time I go I will have lost more weight and maybe be size 20 or 18. Need a new wardrobe then!

If anyone has more tips for me....thanks!!!

Carina

http://www.macys.com/index.ognc?PartnerID=GOOGLE&BannerID=g133s&bhcp=1

catharina, here is another site to check, don't forget when you go into the store plus and junior plus may be located near womans department not the misses or juniors, as a plus size female, I know how your friend felt but you just have to know where to go, the stores I referred to in the other post carry nice items for juniors to adults in the business world. I hope you find lots of things alot of stores are having great sales right now.

Carina,

I am from the Chicago area. I don't know how long you are going to be in the Chicago area but there is a wonderful outlet mall called Gurnee Mills in the Chicagoland/Gurnee area. I like the Dress Barn Woman store there. I bought a couple of my nice dresses for formal night there. One side of the store is plus sizes and the other side of the store is regular sizes which I hope to be in soon. Gurnee Mills has a website, I am not sure what it is right off the top of my head but if you do a search it should come up. Hope this helps.

Sue

Thanks again sue!

I heard of gurnee mills already through our friends that visited chicago earlier this year. But they said no plus sizes were to be found there! So thank you for correcting that! I will definately pay a visit there!!

Come on other girls! If you are a plus size, where do you buy your nicest clothes and your sexiest lingerie!

Love Carina

My favorite places to buy clothes are a couple of catalogs - Jessica London (jessicalondon.com) and Ulla Popken (which I know is available in Europe). Ulla Popken isn't trendy stuff, but you might find things you like in Jessica London catalogs.

As for retail stores, I definitely would check out the Avenue. Also, any large department store (Macy's, Nordstrom's, Marshall Field's, etc.) will have a women's or plus department carrying sizes up to 22 or 24. Nordstrom's web site, in fact, has Hilfiger and Jones NY jeans in plus sizes (http://store.nordstrom.com/category/cat_medium.asp?category=2376776~2381897~2382080&origin=leftnav). You might want to look for a Nordstrom Rack store when you're in the states; that's their clearance outlet and you can get some great bargains if you're willing to sort through the racks. There is a store locator on the nordstrom web site.

Happy shopping,

Susan

Carina,

If by chance you get to Gurnee Mills, I looked up their directory and found some stores that would carry plus sizes. We were just there 3 weeks ago and my daughter about wore me out. It is about 1 mile long.

Deb Plus/ nice store I have bought clothes there but their stuff runs small but goes thru 3X which is probably really a 1X or 2X

Dress Barn Woman

Jc Penny Outlet Store/ we have one closer to where I am from and I love this store. Cheap prices.

Kohl's/ carrys alot of plus sizes but they are older styles

Sears Grand/ This is a new store and I didn't go in there but the regular Sears stores around here carry plus sizes

Group USA/ Not sure what they have for regular plus size clothes but just bought my daughter a long formal dress for her Homecoming Dance which I got for $40.00. They were having a huge end of the season sale on all their fancy long formal dresses. They did have a nice selection of formal dresses for Plus Sizes but not sure what else they carry for Plus Sizes.

There is a TJ Max but I don't like that store. I think it looks like a garage sale and you have to do alot of hunting.

Marshall's/ someone mentioned this one but I haven't been in this store

There may be other stores but these are the ones we go to.

Also, someone mentioned Lane Bryant. They have a website Lanebryant.com and also I shop online at Roamans.com which is affiliated with Lanebryant.

I hope this helps. Enjoy your shopping. I know I am since I have lost 120 pounds. Shopping is more fun and I have been doing alot of it lately.

Sue

Hi Guys

Great of you to give me so many and such good tips! I will be doing good shopping there! I need to work out what size I am there, as dress and lingerie sizes are completely different! In Australia I know I am a size 22 but I don´t know if that is equal with the US size system.

When is it sale? By any chance also in March when I will be there??? HOPED!!!

Love Carina

Archived