which is most formal

mmp13

On a cruise with 3 formal nites. which is the dressiest of the three?

Hey, Peg ... that's a tough one. How people actually dress on formal nights can vary greatly from night to night. The code is, officially, the same for all three nights. However, on a cruise with 3 formal nights sometimes one of those nights will be classified as a "Black and White Ball." That may well be the most "dressy" of the nights in terms of how people actually dress.

On long cruises with 3 or more formal nights I've generally found that the first one is quite dressy, the second one is a little less so ... and the final one is very dressy again (often that's because it's a "black and white ball," as I mentioned before).

When you board check the Daily Program ... it should list which nights of the cruise will have what dress code, and may even identify which one as a "black and white ball." That may help you to coordinate a little better.

I must admit that, since dh wears the same outfit with maybe a change of tie and cummerbund, I also wear the same long dress for each of the nights up to three; for 4 or more I'd take a different dress - maybe change jewelry or have a different coverup, but no one is going to remember what I wore except maybe the people at our table. Nancy

Archived