All things Monarch of the Seas

We've had Jr Suites 1052, 1546, 1556 and 1578 while on the Monarch. They all had bath tubs. :)

SO glad to hear. We're booked for 1052. Question - I hear things about the noise from the pool deck. Moving of chairs and such. How bad is it?

Thanx,

Erika

SO glad to hear. We're booked for 1052. Question - I hear things about the noise from the pool deck. Moving of chairs and such. How bad is it?

Thanx,

Erika

We never heard chairs moving on the pool deck and we are early sleepers. :)

However, I do remember creaking ceiling boards in that particular cabin. But, they couldn't have been too bad because we sailed in it 3 times. :)

Hope this helps.

Thanx,

Erika

Didn,t hear any noise in 1550 and we were right next to tne elevator.:D:D:D

Is the posted arrival time in Nassau accurate (12 noon)? I was just wondering if the Monarch ever arrives earlier than noon?

You may get in a few mins early,but dont count on it(if you are planning something)because even if you do arrive a bit early,chances are they wont clear the ship till noon..

We will be booking a 4 night on the Monarch for July. We have sailed the Sovereign a few times. Question, is the Royal Viking Crown lounge cigar friendly as the Sovereign was?? Do they have entertainment in the later evening? Sovereign used to have some really nice singers in the evening. Hoping we can recreate the same thing! Thanks

Unfortunately,no entertainment in the VCL:(..........I was disappointed they didnt have any........I enjoyed it on the SS...........

Does Monarch have the chocolate buffet on the the 3 night?

No :( but they do have the Caribbean pool deck party the 2nd night starting around 11pm.........food,drinks,dancing as you sail away from Nassau

No :( but they do have the Caribbean pool deck party the 2nd night starting around 11pm.........food,drinks,dancing as you sail away from Nassau

That's too bad about no chocolate. But thanks for the heads up about the deck party. When Monarch used to do the West Coast (where I live) they used to have a Fiesta sail away from Ensenada but it was never in the Cruise Compass so it took me a few trips before I found it. We're taking our daughter & husband in FL on their first cruise, a 3 day on May 8. Hoping they'll get hooked like we did.:)

Quick question, on the Monarch can I put something on the cabin door with magnets, or is it tape only?

Also want is the earliest you have been able to board?

thanks

Not sure about Monarch, but I was able to decorate my cabin door on Liberty with no problems at all. I'll be bringing my cabin decorations on Monarch though for my August cruise. ;)

That's too bad about no chocolate. But thanks for the heads up about the deck party. When Monarch used to do the West Coast (where I live) they used to have a Fiesta sail away from Ensenada but it was never in the Cruise Compass so it took me a few trips before I found it. We're taking our daughter & husband in FL on their first cruise, a 3 day on May 8. Hoping they'll get hooked like we did.:)
I bet they will............have fun!

Going May 22 ...room 1054.

Was wondering about the noise as well from overhead.

Ok,some say no noise,but whenI am under public areas, I tend to hear some............mainly at night when they are cleaning.moving chairs around,vacuuming..........but its nothing to bother me,,,,,My husband yes,me no:p

Quick question, on the Monarch can I put something on the cabin door with magnets, or is it tape only?

thanks

11:30 is usually the earliest we have boarded,,,,sometimes a bit earlier..................but we get to the port no later than 11:00.......

thanks

With priority boarding we usually board by 11:30 am and head up to the Windjammer. :)

Is spending the extra for a junior suite worth it on this ship? To my understanding they aren't that much bigger than regular balcony cabins on voyager class ships.

Also, do we get any priority embarkation for having a suite or is it just normal?

Is spending the extra for a junior suite worth it on this ship? To my understanding they aren't that much bigger than regular balcony cabins on voyager class ships.

Also, do we get any priority embarkation for having a suite or is it just normal?

I believe the JS (or above) are the only balcony options on Monarch.

While they are a nice size and you get 2 credits,I wouldnt get one(unless it was a really good deal).......not worth it on the 3/4 nighters cuz you really wont have that much time on the ship to begin with.........

While they are a nice size and you get 2 credits,I wouldnt get one(unless it was a really good deal).......not worth it on the 3/4 nighters cuz you really wont have that much time on the ship to begin with.........

i dont know if its a good price or not but it came out to 500$ perperson, and nistead of the 300$ perperson oceanview room. We decided since its an extra cruise credit it'll bump us to 6 instead of 5 for that much instead of splurging on another cruise to get to 6...

Sorry if thats confusing, but good logic or not?

i dont know if its a good price or not but it came out to 500$ perperson, and nistead of the 300$ perperson oceanview room. We decided since its an extra cruise credit it'll bump us to 6 instead of 5 for that much instead of splurging on another cruise to get to 6...

Sorry if thats confusing, but good logic or not?

I understand perfectly....you got another credit cheaper than taking another cruise.....

and also to my above question, is their priority embarkation with suites or no? thanks!

At PC, they have all the P/D/DP people sit in one section........they are the first group on after the wedding parties...............Not sure if the suites follow or not:confused:

I understand perfectly....you got another credit cheaper than taking another cruise.....

At PC, they have all the P/D/DP people sit in one section........they are the first group on after the wedding parties...............Not sure if the suites follow or not:confused:

Hey i notice the new avatar don't tell me that's ur licence plate? lol! :D

Archived