Benefits of a Personal Cruise Consultant

Tideone

Could someone please tell me what, if any, benefits there are in using a NCL Personal Cruise Consultant.

After using land based and internet travel agencies to book our previous cruises, I decided to use a PCC for our nine day cruise on the Pearl in December.

Having found a lower price for my mini-suite on an online travel agency, I called my PCC and asked her if NCL would give me the same price break.

She told me that NCL would not do that as they did not wish to compete with their travel agencies.

I then asked her if she would give me an onboard credit instead. She said she was not allowed to do that either.

However, she did agree to ask a supervisor. Her supervisor was on the LA cruise of the Pearl.

She called me back and told me that two supervisors told her they could not do that but she would ask her supervisor when he returned to work on Monday.

I am still waiting for her to tell me what he said.

When I asked her if she could give upgrades she told me she could not do that either.

So I asked her exactly what could she do. Her answer was, "I can answer any questions you have about cruising on NCL."

The funny thing is she has never even been on a NCL cruise and is based in Phoenix so I doubt she has even seen a NCL ship, except in brochures.

Personally, I think NCL should do away with their in-house reservation system, if they value their travel agents so highly, and pass on the savings to their cruisers.

Of course this will never happen but I am curious as to if anyone has found a benefit in using a PCC.

By the way, I changed my reservation from my PCC to an airline travel agency because they were rewarding bonus miles for booking with them, which is more than I got from my PCC.

Could someone please tell me what, if any, benefits there are in using a NCL Personal Cruise Consultant.

After using land based and internet travel agencies to book our previous cruises, I decided to use a PCC for our nine day cruise on the Pearl in December.

Having found a lower price for my mini-suite on an online travel agency, I called my PCC and asked her if NCL would give me the same price break.

She told me that NCL would not do that as they did not wish to compete with their travel agencies.

I then asked her if she would give me an onboard credit instead. She said she was not allowed to do that either.

However, she did agree to ask a supervisor. Her supervisor was on the LA cruise of the Pearl.

She called me back and told me that two supervisors told her they could not do that but she would ask her supervisor when he returned to work on Monday.

I am still waiting for her to tell me what he said.

When I asked her if she could give upgrades she told me she could not do that either.

So I asked her exactly what could she do. Her answer was, "I can answer any questions you have about cruising on NCL."

The funny thing is she has never even been on a NCL cruise and is based in Phoenix so I doubt she has even seen a NCL ship, except in brochures.

Personally, I think NCL should do away with their in-house reservation system, if they value their travel agents so highly, and pass on the savings to their cruisers.

Of course this will never happen but I am curious as to if anyone has found a benefit in using a PCC.

By the way, I changed my reservation from my PCC to an airline travel agency because they were rewarding bonus miles for booking with them, which is more than I got from my PCC.

Well, let me see:) - my PCC calls me back promptly. My PCC answers my questions. My PCC knows my name. My PCC knows my (our) preferences. My PCC is friendly and attentive. To me that all adds up to a quality customer service experience. (Did i mention I like our PCC?):)

Maybe it was just coincidence, but when using the PCC, we were offered an upsell. But, when using a TA, nothing. I'm not saying the TA was bad, in fact, just the opposite. I found the PCC assigned to us to be rude so we switched to the TA. She is most helpful, friendly, concerned, etc. Just haven't gotten an upsell offer for the last two NCL cruises. :(

According to my PCC, she had nothing to do with upsells and said she really didn't know anything about them or how they worked.

We have not been offered an upsell either on our past two cruises. I believe it might have been because we turned down our upsell offer for our cruise on the Jewel.

As for our PCC, she knew my name, she was very nice to me... she just couldn't do anything for me.

when we called, a couple of weeks ago, to book...we had to wait for about 10 mins for the phone to be answered. a nice lady took our call and our booking. Dh really liked talking to her, she had all our information on the 'puter...asked him guestions about who was going and didn't need to have us spell our the name. our latitude numbers are linked, when she pulled up his..she got all my correct info. told us she would be glad to be our PCC from now on.

i got on the phone to ask why gty wasn't offered and about the promo. neither was available on our cruise and she was able to explain. since we got such a good price on our balcony, we didn't worry about it. NCL only offers OBC on some promos...

i had wanted to play the gty game and try for an upgrade (we have never gotten one)...but one level of higher level balconies are sold out, another is close to selling out. oh, well...good price and good service..works for me.

My PCC certainly went to bat for me (and a few others on the boards) when NCL had a pricing mistake on their website that we caught & booked before they could remove it. I fully expected them to just say, "sorry" but with her help we got the price. (we booked online direct on the web site & turned the booking over to her)

As for upsells, I've had 3 offers when I went thru TA's so far no others. BUT I refused the last one and that could be why the quit offering them to me

I put a deposit down for a cruise and then the PCC called me. I didn't call back right away until I noticed the price of my cruise on my reservation form went UP!!

I called and spoke to another PCC and asked why the rate went up after I put down a deposit. She said the original PCC changed the rate. HUH???

She changed it back for me.

Haven't seen the need to use a PCC since I get most of my questions answered by the "experts" here!

BUT I refused the last one and that could be why the quit offering them to me

Eeeek! I hope you're wrong about that. I also refused my last offer. It was way too HIGH for the Garden Villa. We were already in an AA.

BUT, I did accept 3 previous offers on other cruises.

We have to watch and see if we get offers in the future:eek:

Archived