Southwest Airlines announces Bags 2 Go program for MIA and FLL

Hypo

Southwest Airlines just sent me the following E-mail:

"After Your Cruise from Port Everglades or the Port of Miami, Avoid the Luggage Hassle!

Southwest Airlines is pleased to announce the convenience of checking bags and obtaining a boarding pass for flights departing out of Ft. Lauderdale International Airport (FLL) before leaving the port. The partnership with Bags to Go, in cooperation with the Transportation Security Administration (TSA), allows our Customers to completely bypass the airport ticket counter! Bags to Go will transport checked luggage directly to the airport where they will be screened and loaded onto the Customer’s flight. Bags must be presented three hours prior to departure and are only accepted on flights departing after 12:00 noon.

This service costs $20 per person and allows up to three checked bags. To take advantage of this service, prior to embarking on your cruise, simply visit the Bags to Go counter located across from Carousel Six in the FLL Baggage Claim Area or upon return from your cruise, the Bags to Go checkin counter is conveniently located at Port Everglades.

Bags to Go also has a conveniently located checkin counter at the Port of Miami. Now our Customers have the freedom to move about the airport with ease and comfort after returning from a well-deserved vacation!

Learn more about offsite checkin."

This is a nice option to add to the service currently being offered by RCCL in those ports for luggage express. I would guess that it is the same company handling the details.

Hypo

*DING* you are now free to move about FLL and MIA.....

wonder if you get stuck with a "C" you in the middle boarding pass!

What I have done in the past is to stop in a internet cafe on the Island (hopefully I am on one the day before) and checked into Southwest there. You should still be able to use this service.

What I have done in the past is to stop in a internet cafe on the Island (hopefully I am on one the day before) and checked into Southwest there. You should still be able to use this service.

yeah, i thought about it as soon as i posted that...you can still check in on line and dump the bags.....

my phillies are not doing so hot and it is causing my brain to f#*t!

We use our C & A coupons and do the check-in right from the ship.

for gold we each got a 5$ coupon and were able to combine them for 10$ which is 20 minutes. I don't know if Platinum gets higher.

Yes, the amount goes up at Platinum and then again at Diamond.

Southwest Airlines just sent me the following E-mail:

"After Your Cruise from Port Everglades or the Port of Miami, Avoid the Luggage Hassle!

Southwest Airlines is pleased to announce the convenience of checking bags and obtaining a boarding pass for flights departing out of Ft. Lauderdale International Airport (FLL) before leaving the port. The partnership with Bags to Go, in cooperation with the Transportation Security Administration (TSA), allows our Customers to completely bypass the airport ticket counter! Bags to Go will transport checked luggage directly to the airport where they will be screened and loaded onto the Customer’s flight. Bags must be presented three hours prior to departure and are only accepted on flights departing after 12:00 noon.

This service costs $20 per person and allows up to three checked bags. To take advantage of this service, prior to embarking on your cruise, simply visit the Bags to Go counter located across from Carousel Six in the FLL Baggage Claim Area or upon return from your cruise, the Bags to Go checkin counter is conveniently located at Port Everglades.

Bags to Go also has a conveniently located checkin counter at the Port of Miami. Now our Customers have the freedom to move about the airport with ease and comfort after returning from a well-deserved vacation!

Learn more about offsite checkin."

This is a nice option to add to the service currently being offered by RCCL in those ports for luggage express. I would guess that it is the same company handling the details.

Hypo

I looked at it, the details seem weird. The kiosk for the transfer of bags, which is in FLL, is only open limited hours on weekends, when most cruisers are arriving. You pay for the service before the cruise at this kiosk.

I wonder where you drop the bags? Ideally, that would be outside the door of the cabin the night before, but I suspect that is not the case. I would guess you would go through customs with the bags, then drop them off at the Bags to Go place in the cruise terminal.

Archived