Qe2 Newport Skipped?

bobby1119

The QE2 bridgecam showed the bow enshrouded in fog most of the day and clearly not at anchor as scheduled in Newport. The position read "Atlantic Ocean." I just checked 3:40 pm and the position reads "New York." The bow is pointed toward Manhattan. Does anyone know what happened? I am wondering whether the dense fog that has been blanketing the tri-state area the past few mornings made it impossible to anchor and run a tender service into Newport.

Hi Bobby well now on the webcam QE2 is in New York & what looks like Brooklyn - I was so lucky on last year's A Colours cruise to be docked at the Manhattan former pier & to be delayed by 4 hours thus we left port with the beautiful NYC lighting up the sky! A great departure from one of my favourite cities & on my favourite ship!

I have just emailed a friend of mine I saw during last year's Rhode Island port visit to see if QE has been to RI today or not. Byall accounts if she is already in NYC probably not.

Regards,

RJMS74

You're right, the webcam now says NYC, but they're still in Newport. Once the fog lifted you could see the Pell bridge before she shifted position and there's lovely cranes and stuff to look at.

......but it could be Vigo. It's happened before! :eek:

David

......but it could be Vigo. It's happened before! :eek:

David

Indeed! That's why I have a screen capture of Vigo, just to be able to compare! Who knew that Vigo was such a popular place they can't stay away?

Archived