A cruise is good, a cruise is nice, take a cruise

Solo1959

As long as I don't have to plan it, purchase it, cook it and clean up after it...

I am good to go!!!!

Some cruises have been better than others...but I have never been on a bad one.

LOL This is exactly what my DH says and boy is he right. I've been on vacations where I came home exhausted... not from having fun, from cleaning up after everybody all week.:eek:

Yes, they (the family) all had fun and I'm exhausted! At least on a cruise, WE ALL have fun and no work for mom!

To the op, thank you for this thread :)

OP, thanks for the laugh!

I wonder if the complainers also spend all their time at the front desk at a hotel, complaining about their land trip?

Just to give NYC people a laugh, when we sailed from the pier (years ago), we got off the ship and it had been raining, and the line for a taxi was never ending. I forget who but someone pointed off to the right and said if you walk to such and such and then head up the street to such and such you can find a taxi. So here we were, walking heaven only knows where, but by golly we got to such and such street and found a taxi fairly quickly. The driver did give us the once over :) like maybe people with suitcases aren't normally hanging around there, but he took us to the airport.

I must admit it was fun to stick my hand out and wave for a taxi like I'd seen people do on TV. If you want a taxi in my town, you have to phone for one! In fact if I see one taxi a week here drive by, wow :)

OP, thanks for the laugh!

I wonder if the complainers also spend all their time at the front desk at a hotel, complaining about their land trip?

Just to give NYC people a laugh, when we sailed from the pier (years ago), we got off the ship and it had been raining, and the line for a taxi was never ending. I forget who but someone pointed off to the right and said if you walk to such and such and then head up the street to such and such you can find a taxi. So here we were, walking heaven only knows where, but by golly we got to such and such street and found a taxi fairly quickly. The driver did give us the once over :) like maybe people with suitcases aren't normally hanging around there, but he took us to the airport.

I must admit it was fun to stick my hand out and wave for a taxi like I'd seen people do on TV. If you want a taxi in my town, you have to phone for one! In fact if I see one taxi a week here drive by, wow :)

Your post did give me a laugh cause I'm from NYC. It's called "hailing a cab". :D

Yes, they (the family) all had fun and I'm exhausted! At least on a cruise, WE ALL have fun and no work for mom!

To the op, thank you for this thread :)

You're very welcome. I got a little upset reading about people complaining the chateau briand (spelled wrong, I'm sure) being a little too tough, bar staff taking a little too long to serve the margarita's, not enough variety on the buffet, and I just had to chime in.

If a person can't have a good time on a cruise, even Carnival lol, then they just can't have a good time.

And, if I'm going to have a bad time anyway, I'd rather have the bad time on a cruise!

It's been good to be reminded that not everyone who cruises is negative. I have yet to step foot on a cruise ship, my trip is planned for Jan6/08 Carnival Valor, balcony stateroom. To be honest, I was starting to slightly regret ever agreeing to go on the darn cruise after reading about the things Solo mentioned in this post... crappy food, certain class-type people (no, I don't like country, but opera would likely throw me into a full blown seizure), lousy service, etc...

Being reminded that those previous comments I have read in the past were probably written by people who likely aren't pleased by anything this planet has to offer has relieved me somewhat of a lot of my anxiety and I feel I am finally beginning to look forward to the trip. Now, if the darn plane doesn't crash on the way to Miami, I'll be set!!!;)

Dee

Archived