A cruise is good, a cruise is nice, take a cruise

Solo1959

full of wonderful posts:) :) Hey how bad can life be, we can afford to go on vacation a few times a year, be pampered, food 24/7, I almost choked at the poster who said he/she couldn't find food:eek: , oh and the dining room opened late, OMG:D

Just being on the ship and being able to look at the ocean, see it at dawn and at sunset, there is no better time, at least for this cruiser:)

Great Post

I wish I could be more like you!

All complaints are about perception. I had many complaints regarding my last CCL Cruise.. The enlightened people here on CC did help me put them into perspective!

BUT regardless of any opinion of a cruise, the very one thing i think we can all agree upon.. is there is never ever ever a shortage of food!!!!!!!

Finally a thread with nothing but "positives". I can't agree more with halos, it's all about the "boat" and everything else is icing on the cake. As I've stated before, we're simple folk and really not that hard to please. It would have to be one terrible deal for us to not enjoy the heck out of a cruise. I can't even imagine how it could be so bad to not enjoy it. :) I'm getting plum jittery with excitement as our 10/28 date with the "Legend" is fast approaching. Shoot, I even called the TA today and had her go ahead and book Fascination out of Jax next Oct.

Is it time to go yet???!!!!:D

Hey Bigboat, make sure to post a review when you get back. I'll be on the Legend in March!! :D

People get this idea that somehow

a cruise is going to be just Heavenly Perfect,

coming up to 101% of their discerning expectations

And so the cruise industry delivers

a mere 97% okay maybe 95% - on some cruises!

Beats airplane travel,that's fer sure!

People get this idea that somehow

a cruise is going to be just Heavenly Perfect,

coming up to 101% of their discerning expectations

And so the cruise industry delivers

a mere 97% okay maybe 95% - on some cruises!

Beats airplane travel,that's fer sure!

Beats all travel in my opinion!

The best for us is leaving from Nyc.. short ride on the LIRR and in less than a couple of hours we are on vacation partying on the ship

No airport hassles

no driving hassles

AAHhhhhhhhh i love it!

The best for us is leaving from Nyc.. short ride on the LIRR and in less than a couple of hours we are on vacation partying on the ship

No airport hassles

no driving hassles

AAHhhhhhhhh i love it!

I took the 9:10am Trailways Bus from my town, was eating on the Lido deck before noon.

No airport hassles

no driving hassles

AAHhhhhhhhh i love it!

That's for sure Toni. :D A cab ride for me. :p

What a pleasure!

That is one of the only reasons a CTN is ok with us..

How are you!!

Last year on the CTN on the Legend my husband said let's take the subway, I said are you out of your mind?:rolleyes: I'm not taking the subway....we spent all that money for the cruise and you want to take the subway plus the walk from 8th Ave over to 12th by the terminal. Needless to say we took a cab. When we went on the Miracle in June, he knew better to not say a word. :p

I'm doing good thanks.

Last year on the CTN on the Legend my husband said let's take the subway, I said are you out of your mind?:rolleyes: I'm not taking the subway....we spent all that money for the cruise and you want to take the subway plus the walk from 8th Ave over to 12th by the terminal. Needless to say we took a cab. When we went on the Miracle in June, he knew better to not say a word. :p

I'm doing good thanks.

When we lived in Forest Hills we took car service the first time

The 2nd time we took the subway, which going was no big deal.. but carrying the luggage up the steps to have to find a cab was crazy.. best to just hop in the cab and go!

When we lived in Forest Hills we took car service the first time

The 2nd time we took the subway, which going was no big deal.. but carrying the luggage up the steps to have to find a cab was crazy.. best to just hop in the cab and go!

Yup, so much easier to take a cab.

aw, this thread is wonderful, and making me jealous! A couple things:

1. like some others have said, a Carnival cruise to me is LUXURY - I have never felt so pampered. I don't know what they could do on a "luxury" line to make me any happier - which is good, since Carnival is so affordable!

2. I want a port in Southern Ontario! Somehow I don't see it happening, so it will always be a plane ride away. Boo hoo :(

Thanks for putting the negative posts in perspective, I had started worrying about noisy neighbours, crowded buffets, poor food.. then I realized that people probably complained about those things on my last cruise, which was absolutely perfect in my opinion! I feel much better now!

I could not agree more with all of you. Still haven't gone on my first cruise but I've been reading these boards soaking in as much information as I possibly can! I have to say some of those very posts you were talking about made me think "what have I done?". But then I really stopped to think that you just can't make some people happy no matter what.

I'm going into this cruise with the attitude that it's going to be wonderful, sure there will probably be hiccups but what trip is complete without them? It's all in how you decide to deal with it on whether you have a good trip or not.

Thanks for all the positives!

You got it!

For me, it's about the ocean...nothing more. Everything else is icing on the cake. As long as there is an ocean when I'm cruising, there will be no complaint from me.

Hope the heck there's at least ocean, when we're cruising too, otherwise, well I don't think it would be the same. :p

Probably be nothing more than a sweet dream... ;)

B.T.W. could not agree more with the OP. Attitude is everything, especially the attitude to pay no mind to those who have a bad one...

aw, this thread is wonderful, and making me jealous! A couple things:

1. like some others have said, a Carnival cruise to me is LUXURY - I have never felt so pampered. I don't know what they could do on a "luxury" line to make me any happier - which is good, since Carnival is so affordable!

2. I want a port in Southern Ontario! Somehow I don't see it happening, so it will always be a plane ride away. Boo hoo :(

Thanks for putting the negative posts in perspective, I had started worrying about noisy neighbours, crowded buffets, poor food.. then I realized that people probably complained about those things on my last cruise, which was absolutely perfect in my opinion! I feel much better now!

I agree with you. I was treated like a king. They went out of their way to make sure that I was always happy and having fun. I don't know where they learned it, but it seemed that all the staff knew my name by the second day. This is Carnival. I could not imagine better service anyplace.

I was reading up on "luxury" cruises. A few differences: liquor included, all suites, dinners that include caviar (yuck), goose liver (yuck). The suites is a nice touch, the liquor wouldn't be worth it to me. And the carnival food is (in my opinion) delicious! Yes, there were people who complained that the steak was tough. One night I wanted to try the (I can't spell it) Chateau Briand (????) but the waiter suggested that I try the fish instead because someone noticed it was too "chewy". I ordered the fish and it was wonderful. The waiters know, and they sincerely want you to enjoy the meal. Ask them their suggestion and they will be honest with you and you will get a great meal. THAT is what I call service!

I wa scared, too. I have cruise experience, but before my most recent cruise, looking at some of the complaints, I was frightened that I would hate the cruise, that the service would be horrible, and all the stuff I wrote in the original post would come true. As we have all said here, a cruise is a fantasy, it is wonderful and there is nothing else quite like it.

As far as a cruise from southern Ontario... Toronto via the St Lawrence.... Probably 1200 miles just to get to the ocean, another 3 days from there to Caribbean... It would be PRETTY to look at, it would be a cruise, but probably not too many people looking for that.

"This cruise line has too many of 'that type' of passenger. On another cruise line, the food is horrible. Don't cruise with that other cruise line because the service is terrible. Cabins in one part of the ship are as bad as torture chambers. My goodness, it took you HOW long for debarkation? What did that guy wear to dinner? I didn't know I had to pay extra for the bingo cards."....

"The people on this cruise were so low class, they had no business being on my cruise. They probably listen to country music. You know the type. One guy actually smoked a cigarette before coming into the lounge and my wife was able to smell the tobacco on his clothes; she could have died from that. I raced her to the infirmary. The doctor was no help either. He told her to get fresh air, but how could I take her out on the deck when there were men actually showing off their chest hairs?

All in all it was not a good cruise. I remember back in 1923 when I used to sail across the oceans, those were the real cruises. What they have today is a joke. People don't dress like they did in 1923 anymore, those scoundrels. On the Lido Deck, I though the pizza was too soft, my wife thought it was too hard. Some low class guy next to us thought it was just right, could you believe who they let on these ships today? And the ship was so crowded, my travel agent should have told us that other people would be on the ship at the same time we were taking this cruise."...

ROFLMAO!:D

solo, this is HYSTERICAL! thanks for the laughs.:p :D

Yeah, sure, everyone who posted so far, you are all part of the good guys. I trust almost everything you all say. But you do know what I mean, you've seen the posts.

I think I'd be happy if the ship just had a nice seat by a railing, the wind in my face, perhaps a drink in my hand..... That's all I need.

I know the posts, but not so well. I QUIT reading reviews a few years ago. And negative posts I either stop reading and click on, or just tell them "bubye, cruizin's not fur yoooouuu!"

But I can't resist giving a hard time to those who won't honor formal nites or stay away, and I really can't help SLAMMING those who complain about tipping.

Dan

Yep same thread where she said she had a hard time finding food to eat all week:rolleyes:

Yes!!! She really said that!!!! I wonder if the U.N. would consider airlifting food to those starving passengers on cruise ships. There's more food in those buffet lines than in some entire countries. And it's good, too.

okay:rolleyes:. i need linkage.

48 cruises! In my dreams one day I'll have that many, I hope both of us will claim many more than that one day. My "worst" cruise was a two night cruise to nowhere. And it was "bad" only because I wanted more more more more more days.

A short cruise is like an interruption in the middle of making love. Unfulfilling, and you're kidding yourself if you think its better than no love making at all. I'm getting so I think 7 days are quickies.

Greedy, not needy. [what I always aspired to be.:D]

Dan

A short cruise is like an interruption in the middle of making love. Unfulfilling, and you're kidding yourself if you think its better than no love making at all. I'm getting so I think 7 days are quickies.

Greedy, not needy. [what I always aspired to be.:D]

Dan

hmmmmmmm, how very profound, dan.:p

i can think of a few members who are really going to enjoy this post tomorrow, lol.:D

7 days are quickies? nah. i never want to leave a cruise, but i wldn'tcall them that.

my next one is only 6. but it is 6 days that i will most certainly enjoy.:p

Thank you! I think maybe I can breathe easier.

Our first cruise starts this Sunday on the Pride, and I am one of those fighting the thoughts that I made a big mistake, especially choosing Carnival. I feel better now.

I TRY not to visit negative threads, but being a first-time cruiser, I've been gathering all the info I can. But I've been left with this image of a run-down "fun" ship with not so great service and food, kids running rampant, drunks fighting and people blowing smoke in my face while wearing daisy dukes in the dining room. It's put somewhat of a damper on my excitement. Thanks for reminding me of what's ahead. And to enjoy every minute.

As far as a cruise from southern Ontario... Toronto via the St Lawrence.... Probably 1200 miles just to get to the ocean, another 3 days from there to Caribbean... It would be PRETTY to look at, it would be a cruise, but probably not too many people looking for that.

Haha, very true - I wouldn't even want that.... I just wish I lived closer to an actual port :) (don't worry, it's not a complaint, just a dream!) ;) This has been a great thread!

Archived