Pub near pier

JUSRN

Does anyone know of an authentic local pub within walking distance of the cruise ships? Last time we were there we went to Carlos and Charlies for lack of finding any place else. I don't want to go there again.

Try Maria's on Cristo. Just follow the crowd uphill to Plaza de Armas, turn

left to Cristo, left again and you will see it across the street. Or you can

continue up Cristo to San Sabastian and find several more local spots. For

a good map of OSJ, go to enjoypuertorico.com.

There are quite a few in this area. You did not say what your time frame is..... some are really just nightclubs others have food....and then there are cigar bars.

Anyway : at www.10best.com I found these listed. Been to Cafe Bohemio in the El Convento hotel as we stayed there 2 nights precruise.

Club Lazer - night only

Amandas Cafe - 11 am - 2 am

Cafe Bohemio - day and night tapas and jazz

Cafe Tabac -cigar bar (refered to as a Caribbean Casablanca)

El Batey

El Patio de Sam

most of these had reviews....

I found this website while doing a search " Old San Juan bars "

We also went to Nuyorican Cafe and Rumba Club (not on this list) but these are both nightclubs only....no early hours. We had a blast at Rumba as they had 7 piece salsa band (Fri night). Nuyorican has salsa and jazz - depends on the night.

Does anyone know of an authentic local pub within walking distance of the cruise ships? Last time we were there we went to Carlos and Charlies for lack of finding any place else. I don't want to go there again.

Not exactly a 'pub', but a friend who runs a microbrewery here has recommended the Old Harbor Brewpub in Old San Juan for our next visit.

Note that the linked website starts with sound on, so you might want to turn down the volume.

gary

Not exactly a 'pub', but a friend who runs a microbrewery here has recommended the Old Harbor Brewpub in Old San Juan for our next visit.

Note that the linked website starts with sound on, so you might want to turn down the volume.

gary

I just had lunch here last week. The food was good and the beers were great. The price was about $4.50 per 16 ounce. Very close to the tourist office.

I guess we're spoiled living in maryland-- but when we get to puerto rico, any good bars on the water? I recall the Blue Dolphin all the way at tip of Isla Verde- next to El San Juan. We'd love to enjoy some water views since we're in the Carib! Any advice? Thanks much (we are heading to SJ on a Grandeur/ afternoon/evening stop).

• 2 weeks later...

Archived