Seabourn Odyssey Maiden Voyage

T&T Vikings

Things will not be exactly that way, but see my original post on that for the details.

There are priority lists and those on the Maiden Voyage (as opposed to Maiden Year) list will be dealt with via a call to their agent, not to them or from them.

As for single supplements, the standard is now 200%, though select sailings may have 125% or 150% in limited quantities. Also, it is specifically noted that if you try to sail with less than the booked number of guests in a suite, the suite may be recalled.

Things will not be exactly that way, but see my original post on that for the details.

There are priority lists and those on the Maiden Voyage (as opposed to Maiden Year) list will be dealt with via a call to their agent, not to them or from them.

As for single supplements, the standard is now 200%, though select sailings may have 125% or 150% in limited quantities. Also, it is specifically noted that if you try to sail with less than the booked number of guests in a suite, the suite may be recalled.

You are right on boatman. Can't wait to read your review of your 9-29 Legend cruise.

Bob,

Received the brochure today. Below is a rendering of a veranda suite. The only public room depicted was the main restaurant but the picture goes right into the binding of the brochure and is difficult to scan. I suspect Seabourn will have pictures on their website shortly. Hopefully this will tide you over or better yet make you want to book a cruise!! :D

OddysseyVerandaSuite.jpg

Thanks for the picture PeaSea, a little disappointing and not very nautical is it? Reminds me of a room at a Hyatt or Starwood property. I hope the penthouses will be a little more inviting.

( I see you are fellow Californian )

Keep in mind these are computer renderings and there will be softness and lighting, as well as small touches, that aren't accurately represented in the image. Just as Matt mentioned about the balcony: Yes, there is one...it just doesn't show up that well in the rendering.

Boatman: can you tell me if there is a difference in the "balcony" on deck 6 (I believe) and the verandahs on V1? They look different from the rest of the verandahs in the rendering. As you say, it's only a rendering. Hopefully the suites will look less stark in reality.

Jean

I received the new Seabourn Odyssey brochure today via Fed Ex, which shows all the new itinaries and the world cruise for 2010!

It would appear that the Odyssey will be doing the same itinaries as the Spirit has done this year with a few additional new ports (not many) then a maiden translantic crossing on 31st October 2009, then down to the Caribbean until 5th Jan then world cruise.

deb

Deb, how many days and ports on the Transatlantic?

Thanks in advance,

Bob.

The transatlantic is 10 days, but I don't recall the ports.

The V1 and 2 are 4 sq.ft. larger in the suite and 2 sq. ft. less on the veranda. It looks like the veranda isn't shown as "teak" on the deckplan. Probably just a printing error, but I don't know.

Deb, how many days and ports on the Transatlantic?

Odyssey maiden Trans-Atlantic departs Malaga, Spain October 31, 2009; one sea day; Funchal, Madeira with compimentary Seabourn experience of tea at Reid's Palace Hotel; seven sea days; arrival at FLL.

IMHO a proper and relaxing way to get to know the newest member of the family. :)

Odyssey maiden Trans-Atlantic departs Malaga, Spain October 31, 2009; one sea day; Funchal, Madeira with compimentary Seabourn experience of tea at Reid's Palace Hotel; seven sea days; arrival at FLL.

IMHO a proper and relaxing way to get to know the newest member of the family. :)

Thanks-sa-bunch. Also, in my IMHO, I do agree, nothing like a bunch of sea days to realy get the feel of everything.

Bob

WAIT... my partner just got it... "PeaSea8ch" ... DOH! ... Pacific Coast Hwy! well duh to me!!!

Patricia and I eventually decided not to go for the maiden voyage even though I paid the advance deposit for it. We will be going for a voyage a little later and closer to our anniversary. I am told reservations for the Odyssey in the UK will open at 2pm UK time, the same as in the US. I have given my agent a list in order of the suites to go for but at 2pm we will be on a plane flying to Bogota for our honeymoon so will not know until much later whether we were successful in getting a suite we want. I do hope so! But for the next 48 hours, we will be concentrating on other things. :) :)

An update:

Trying to get through to book my clients was very difficult, but it is done...and I know they should all be thrilled with the suites obtained for them. :D

FYI, the single supplement for this cruise is 200%, which is the new standard single supplement. Not good news for singles, but I am sure it will be worth it; knowing how Seabourn tends to make things even better than special, to wit: Extraordinary!:)

With the prior standard single supplement being 175%, the price difference...especially since it includes the christening and especially royal treatment, gifts, etc., the pricing difference really isn't that much...all considered.

It is a pricey cruise, but it is alas more than a cruise. It is a life experience that many just do not want to miss.

FYI, the single supplement for this cruise is 200%, which is the new standard single supplement. Not good news for singles, but I am sure it will be worth it; knowing how Seabourn tends to make things even better than special, to wit: Extraordinary!:)

Eric:

Is this "standard single supplement" just for the Odyssey (and 2010 build), or for the triplets, as well? ("Special" is true, and one thing...but 200% across the board is gonna be prohibitive for some of us, if such is the case.)

Paul :confused:

Hi Paul:

I do not know if 200% will be across all of the ships. What I do know is that there are sailings on the Odyssey which will have 125% and 150% single supplements, but understandably not on the maiden voyage. (Frankly I do not know if the lower single supplements will be available during the maiden year.)

That said, common sense says that if you book early for the most part the lower single supplements will be available. Hence book early and often rather than late and only once.

I do not know if 200% will be across all of the ships. What I do know is that there are sailings on the Odyssey which will have 125% and 150% single supplements, but understandably not on the maiden voyage. (Frankly I do not know if the lower single supplements will be available during the maiden year.)

That said, common sense says that if you book early for the most part the lower single supplements will be available. Hence book early and often rather than late and only once.

Thanks, Eric...I think I was reading more into your post than was evident(!). We solo folks get a little antsy about the supplements! :eek: :D

Paul ;)

Not speaking about Seabourn specifically, keep in mind that the cruise lines consider overall revenue and one person does not order as many tours, spa treatments, upgraded wine, etc., so onboard revenue does play a part in the single pricing.

You may want to consider poor souls like me. Most luxury and near cruise lines (Seabourn, Crystal, Silversea, Regent, etc.) do not allow four in a suite (3 max), so I am required to purchase two suites when I travel. Even Celebrity limits to 3 its larger suites on some ships. Is that fair????

Archived