Seabourn Odyssey Maiden Voyage

T&T Vikings

I must share this important news.

Jun 24 Seabourn Odyssey Christening*, Venice, Italy 5 pm.

*All guests on maiden voyage are invited to the Christening before sailing.

25 Cruising the Adriatic Sea

26 Dubrovnik, Croatia

27 Kotor, Montenegro

28 Cruising the Adriatic Sea

29 Aghios Nikolaos, Crete

30 Mylos, Greek Isles

Jul 1 Rhodes - -

2 Santorini - -

3 Navplion, Greece

4 Piraeus, (Athens )

5 Mykonos, Greek Isles

6 Kusadasi, Turkey

7 Cruising the Dardanelles

8 Istanbul, Turkey

From July 8. interesting news, Seabourn enters Russian waters.

Cruising the Black Sea to Batomi, Georgia - Sochi, Russia -Yalta, Ukraine -

Sevastopol, Ukraine - Odessa, Ukraine -Varna, Bulgaria -Mudanya, Turkey.

T&T.

Well, our Martitia will have a front row seat and I hope she will report all the nifty events.

One thing I discovered is that I have as yet unused on-board booking payment, however, I cannot use it for the Odyssey. So, to be on the safe side, if I decided I want to sail sometime in the first year, I had to book another deposit only for the Odyssey. Seems to be an accounting issue. Of course, if I don't sail, I do get it back. I don't know if it can later be applied to another Seabourn vessel.

T&T Vikings,

What exciting news! Thank you for posting the itinerary.

I have never booked a cruise and had no idea when or where !:confused:

I'll be reserving a stateroom next week ~~I think we're suppose to make a selection a'round Oct. 15th ~~

No announcement as to the Godmother or Godfather. My suggestion is: if Prince William marries Kate Middleton, she would be an option. Many of the Italian celebrities have already "christened" ships ~~~

and anyone, from any country, can be invited and honored.

I'll also be anxious to hear as to the two Odyssey Captains. They will certainly be from the Seabourn fleet. Also the Hot Men ??

Thanks again for the good news!

Martita B.

Anne

Have your Travel Agent call Seabourn and ask as to when the 2009 Odyssey itineraries will be available.

I think the June 2009 Maiden Voyage has sold out ~~~ but many are wanting to book other voyages. And some Seabournites are waiting to cruise on the 2010 ship.

Martita B.

I received the new Seabourn Odyssey brochure today via Fed Ex, which shows all the new itinaries and the world cruise for 2010!

It would appear that the Odyssey will be doing the same itinaries as the Spirit has done this year with a few additional new ports (not many) then a maiden translantic crossing on 31st October 2009, then down to the Caribbean until 5th Jan then world cruise.

I was disappointed that the Odyssey did not have a lot more different ports of call, I wonder if the Spirit will do anything different

deb

I see the Odyssey will be in London on 18 May 2010. Not sure whether she will be able to pass under Tower Bridge but that should be a great sight!

For those interested (no longer including me :)) I see that there are ROS rates for sole travellers of 125% and 150%. Also, there will be some availability in Categories A to PH at 175%.

Maiden voyage looks tempting and rates not as high as I thought they might be. Maybe I can sell it to Patricia by pointing out that the brochure says the Coffee Bar serves Colombian coffee! ;)

So far found only two typos in the brochure. Should have had it proof-read once more!

Norm nice to see you posting again.

I haven't gotten my brochure yet (maybe today!) and can't wait to pick our sailing out (we have a deposit). I'm hoping for something for being onboard 9/8/09 - special anniversary.

Counting down to the Pride.

>"We are sailing this December - how would we go about reserving/putting down a deposit on the new ship?"

Anne,

I think you have enough time to wait and either book or put an onboard deposit down when you sail in December, thereby saving 5%. By then you will know about the itineraries and dates. It seems that the only voyage that's sold out so far is the Maiden cruise.

I am one that has made a deposit on the inaugural cruise. Can those who have received brochures for the Odyssey ship please advise cruise fare for A1 CAT for June 4/09 cruise and also for the following Black Sea cruise

Thanks..Diane

DP

This is what I've heard. I've not received any Odyssey information.

(Pricing's are in GPB converted to exchange rate)

Cat A: $11,269

Cat A1: $12,261

Cat V1: $14,449

Hopefully we'll be receiving our new ships booklets before too long.

MB

Thanks Martha:

Wow!!! Those prices seem high...It should be quite a cruise. Look forward to the Christening celebration.

We are sailing with you on the TA cruise March 17 and hope to be part of your "plaid" get-to-gether. Have to give some more thought to the "Tie" affair!!!!

Diane

Diane,

The Maiden Voyage rates are down right painful:cool: ! I have already requested the small broomcloset on the lowest deck ~~steerage! For we "solo Sailor's" we have to pay the Piper for enjoying cruisin'.

Glad to hear you're aboard the Pride March Cross. Oh, you must find and bring a tacky necktie for the Sky Bar contest! It's going to be alot of fun and phooey ~The Captain is buyin' the drinks! he he;)

And are you staying the night in Lisbon after we disembark? Please make plans to join us at the Belem Pier at 5 p.m. on Sat. March 29th.

I hope we'll receive our Odyssey information booklets soon!

Have a nice Sunday,

MB

Dear Martha:

We may have a problem at the SkyBar as we both like the same bar stool. No we are not getting off in Lisbon. This cruise was originally booked as a 92 dayer but we changed our plans and have turned it into 42 days. So we will be one of the couples hanging over the side cheering you on with one of Nelson's famous drinks.

Cheers...Diane

It'll be interesting to see how prices for the triplets and the Big Sister sort out after the Maiden Voyage and initial excitement of the new ship(s) dies down. With so many "deluxe" and luxury lines adding additional capacity over the next 2-3 years it's hard to believe there won't be some sort of "special" pricing on certain voyages at some point. With an uncertain economy going forward I just don't see a sudden increase in new cruisers rushing to spend big bucks on luxury cruises. Time will tell and for those who don't want to be among the "first," waiting may be the best strategy.

DP

MB

Hi Martha--prices seems a little high, but I guess you have to expect it--I sure you were pricing the 14 day starter! I'll wait a while! Comparing to the same size Silversea ships Shadow and Whisper--when Silversea has a West Coast to West Coast(L.A. to L.A.) cruise-- we usually book it! They have one Nov 2009. We don't like it as much Seabourn, but it's easy!!! This time we booked a Silver Suite--really nice 701 sq ft and 123 sq ft veranda.The price for 9 days is $7846. The Silver suites are probably comparable in size etc, to the PH suites on the Odyssey. I think in the final analysis SB Ogyssey will have to be in same ball park price wise as SS Shadow and Whisper. On the Maiden voyage they aren't even close. I'm sure it will change! Don

My one problem with the itinerary of the maiden voyage is that there are not enough sea days to enjoy the ship. I think only two. Since the ports are fairly ordinary I would prefer more time to experience the new ship.

Don,

The rates for the 14 day Odyssey Maiden Voyage are VERY high, but for me it will be a "once-in-a-lifetime" experience. I've visited with a few that have also booked and we've all agreed that we'll return to the Sister's ~~as you know I'm a "died in the wool" small ship Sailor.:p

Wripro, I totally agree! I would prefer more sea days ~~the older I become and the more I cruise, the MORE I loveeee the magic of,

as Peachy calls them: lazy, hazy, crazy sea days! Simple, but yet,

pure magic! My thrill is being with and enjoying the Guests, the Staff, the fabulous food & wines and the leisure shipboard life ~~almost akin to the "ocean liners" golden age of the past.

Martita B.

My one problem with the itinerary of the maiden voyage is that there are not enough sea days to enjoy the ship. I think only two. Since the ports are fairly ordinary I would prefer more time to experience the new ship.

That thought came to me as well. That, and thanks to other Seabourn cruises, I have been to most of the ports. That would allow me to really enjoy the ship, staying put when everyone else disembarks for sightseeing. Although I suspect many others on the maiden voyage will also be of the same mind.

DP

MB

I have seen the new prices - in Euro's:

8 days Med-cruise in september 2009: cat. A = EUR 4.005 = $ 5.687

V1 = EUR 5.123 = $ 7.274

15 days Car-cruise in november 2009: cat A = EUR 8.008 = $ 11.371

cat V1 = EUR10.248 = $ 14.552

(exchange rate EURO --> USDollar from today)

Hug

Hi all, I just got this from my agent and she says it comes from Seabourn sales.

Quote:Ok...(1) OCTOBER 15 All '09 Odyssey Itineraries available on line.(2) The passengers who were wait=listed under deposit AND sailed in 2007were sent a mailing-they can activate res Monday Oct. 15 .(3) Passengers who are deposited $1000.00 PP can make res Oct. 22. I suggestyou do this if you want to maximize your '09 date/rate options.(4) All other pax can make res 11/5.Re Single Rate: % thresholds are subject to inventory, sailing, etc., etc.You MAY get an announcement this week of the above. The priority was to getthe info out to pax who were under deposit. End quote I have been bugging her since I heard someone had a brochure. Nothing in there about the world cruise directly but at least we have some info. Howard

Archived