Current Cruise Director on the Sun?

LVFire

From what I have read so far in reviews and on the boards, it appears to be Linda Minnikin.... also from what I have read, some love her and some hate her. I dont have any personal ideas yet as I have yet to sail with her. My favorite CD was Mike Szwajkowski, he was from Canada and was a blast. Very personable and friendly.

Linda Minnikin, to me, is a breath of fresh air. I am so tired of the run, run run act crazy type of CD. She is as little on the quiet more composed side. Depends on what type you want. She does her job in a professional manner without having to act like a loon.

Mac:) :) :)

Linda Minnikin, to me, is a breath of fresh air. I am so tired of the run, run run act crazy type of CD. She is as little on the quiet more composed side. Depends on what type you want. She does her job in a professional manner without having to act like a loon.

Mac:) :) :)

Now I have a different take on Linda. Back when I first met her (Hurricane Mitch, Norwegian Wind, 1998) I thought she was very professional. More the Manager type CD, let her staff do the crazy/fun stuff. She was the same the next year in Hawaii, also on the Wind.

A couple of years ago on the Sun I thought she was the most annoying CD I have ever come across. Telling really old/stale jokes and that voice.:eek:

Everyones take on a CD is going to vary.

John

We are on the Sun for the 1/12/08 Western Carribean out of Miami. Wondering who the current CD is? Is there a list posted somewhere that you can look it up?

Thanks

The cruise director on your cruise will be Michael Witte, hope this helps.

Back when I first met her (Hurricane Mitch, Norwegian Wind, 1998) I thought she was very professional. More the Manager type CD, let her staff do the crazy/fun stuff. She was the same the next year in Hawaii, also on the Wind.

A couple of years ago on the Sun I thought she was the most annoying CD I have ever come across. Telling really old/stale jokes and that voice.

I'm not sure that these are necessarily inconsistent views! ;)

Linda's strength is as a manager. It's a shame that she won't be on my next Sun cruise, where her managerial skills would definitely come in useful.

While I always have way too much fun and I am a nut to begin with, a cruise director just eggs me along to do more wild things. Linda was very nice and a pleasure to chat with one on one, overall, I thought she was not very active or as spunky as some of the others.

Now Mike, he is a riot, I am bummed that he is on Royal Caribbean now. I may have to stray just once to be on a cruise with him. When I was on the Sun, Linda's assistant cruise director Rich was just as fun and crazy as Mike.

As I stated I am a nut, I do all the game shows and events, so I get picked on by the end of the week by all the staff. But, that is what makes my cruises even more memorable.

Happy Cruising!

HoopTroop

Archived