CB Buffet - Food Choices

jt58203

There is a typical salad bar with all the fixings and dressings.....there are lots of different kinds of rolls/butter...there are several selections of main courses, ranging from lasagne to sweet and sour pork, pizza, hanburgers, hot dogs, french fries, rice, mashed potatoes/deli meats & sandwiches/deli salads, cakes/tarts/cookies......

The buffets are not laid out the best....but, the choices of food is plentiful and varied.....

My personal fav was the Mexican night. So delicious!!:D

MEXICAN NIGHT????? OH BOY!!!!!!!!:p :p I love Mexican and that isn't something that I would think of to find on a cruise ship......I am looking so forward to the CB in November....and I absolutely can't wait for Mexican night, this is the first I've heard of that!!!!!!!:D

On the first night of the cruise, the CB has a great seafood buffet! We usually skip the dining room that night and do the buffet.

As Roz mentioned, the buffet layout is pretty horrible. Many times I have woken up late for breakfast - not my fault, I blame the bartender - and by the time I get to the buffet the lines are about 30 deep and the buffet area is jammed with people. The flow through that tiny space is horrible. A few times I did see them close one entrance to the buffet and make everyone enter through another. I will admit, the wait is worth it though. I love some of the breakfast specialties and, of course, the BACON!!!

Check your Princess Patters each day - it tells you what is happening at the buffets. There is a Chinese Lunch Buffet one day as well - very yummy - great Spring Rolls and Sushi. On the 2nd Formal night we were too tired to get dressed up, so we went to Horizon Court and had an awesome buffet that night - Beef Wellington and Alaska King Crab. If you are interested in the Speciality Dining - I'd highly recommend Sabatinis - the service is great and the food is fabulous. We had Chilean Sea Bass that night and it was great! I just got off the CB last Sunday, and I wish I was going back. Enjoy!!!

:p Do they "advertise" ahead of time which nights are which? I DO NOT want to miss Mexican night!!!!!!

The different theme nights will be listed in your Princess patters. Its definately a buffet night not to be missed!!! :D I'm hoping they have on one during my up and coming cruise too!

From my 9/16 cruise review (this was Wednesday night at the Cafe Caribe):

7pm

Well, if Princess’ food hadn’t won me over until now, they certainly would have with the German Oktoberfest Dinner alone. As I looked at the buffet, I saw bits and pieces of my childhood laid out in front of me in various trays, pots, and carving stations for the world to see like a centerfold of a men‘s magazine. This was to be a TWO-plater; waistline and borderline diabetes conditions be damned.

- Plate #1: Four different types of sausages, one Semmelknoedel (Bread dumpling), Sauerkraut, Rotkohl (Red Cabbage) and mustards.

- Plate #2: Spaetzle (German type pasta), Veal Snitzel in mushroom sauce, Goulash, and a slice of Leberkaese (sort of a meatloaf)

- Plate #3: (Ok, I lied, it wasn’t just two plates - sue me) A slice of Schwarzwaelder Kirschtorte (Black Forrest Cherry cake) and a piece of Apfelstrudel. Truth be told, I brought these back to the cabin. I’ll eat one later tonight and the other tomorrow; bless those in-room fridges. (Note: Sad to say, but unlike the rest of the German food, the two deserts were nothing special.)

I swear I only plated about a third of the offerings. The breadth of the items offered was staggering. The bread station alone must have had a good 10 different types of breads (including pretzels). Alas, no Sauerbraten. Princess - I forgive you.

Thanks everyone!!!! ;) I'm starting to wonder if a 7 night on the CB is going to be enough to experience all of these wonderful dining options!!!! I have never heard of so much variety!!!!! I guess I'll have to start planning ANOTHER cruise!!! ;) I can't wait!!!!!:p :p

I personally like the layout of the Horizon court, but it can get crazy sometimes. I like that you just go to the station of food that you want. Hot food, go straight there. But you have to have your witts about you because people are all over and no one has there backup signal working and no one uses their turn signal -- sorry I drive for a living.

Food types, vary like everyone says. my favorites for breakfast are: oatmeal, frenchtoast, croissants, fresh fruit. Lunch they are mexican, pasta salads, stews, salmon/fish dishes, great soups.

I have noticed that the desserts are not as good as they were last year. This year I saw them in the middle of the buffet, small items nothing too fancy. Last year on the Dawn they had a whole table at the end of the buffet where they had whole cakes, pies etc you could cut from.

Now I am hungry.

From my 9/16 cruise review (this was Wednesday night at the Cafe Caribe):

7pm

Well, if Princess’ food hadn’t won me over until now, they certainly would have with the German Oktoberfest Dinner alone. As I looked at the buffet, I saw bits and pieces of my childhood laid out in front of me in various trays, pots, and carving stations for the world to see like a centerfold of a men‘s magazine. This was to be a TWO-plater; waistline and borderline diabetes conditions be damned.

- Plate #1: Four different types of sausages, one Semmelknoedel (Bread dumpling), Sauerkraut, Rotkohl (Red Cabbage) and mustards.

- Plate #2: Spaetzle (German type pasta), Veal Snitzel in mushroom sauce, Goulash, and a slice of Leberkaese (sort of a meatloaf)

- Plate #3: (Ok, I lied, it wasn’t just two plates - sue me) A slice of Schwarzwaelder Kirschtorte (Black Forrest Cherry cake) and a piece of Apfelstrudel. Truth be told, I brought these back to the cabin. I’ll eat one later tonight and the other tomorrow; bless those in-room fridges. (Note: Sad to say, but unlike the rest of the German food, the two deserts were nothing special.)

I swear I only plated about a third of the offerings. The breadth of the items offered was staggering. The bread station alone must have had a good 10 different types of breads (including pretzels). Alas, no Sauerbraten. Princess - I forgive you.

Was the sauerkraut like the German sauerkraut (just the right tanginess) or American sauerkraut (sour)? I went to Germany this summer. I didn't know before that trip that I like sauerkraut! Yummie.

Bill

Thanks everyone!!!! ;) I'm starting to wonder if a 7 night on the CB is going to be enough to experience all of these wonderful dining options!!!! I have never heard of so much variety!!!!! I guess I'll have to start planning ANOTHER cruise!!! ;) I can't wait!!!!!:p :p

Make sure you try the Princess Love Boat Dream for dessert. Delicious. Heart-shaped chocolate mousse on a brownie-crust base with raspberry syrup. Divine!! :D

Hi..we have a nice roll call going. Stop by. I don't think I have seen you over there!!!!Check out the patters posted on the website

www.cruisingthecaribbeanprincess.com

The different buffet nights are seen there!

Donna

Thanks so much, I don't know why I keep forgetting to jump over and get on the roll call! I guess I thought it was a little early.....how SILLY!!! :o :p It really is just around the corner now, isn't it? I will come over and hop onboard!!! :D

.....Well, if Princess’ food hadn’t won me over until now, they certainly would have with the German Oktoberfest Dinner alone. As I looked at the buffet, I saw bits and pieces of my childhood laid out in front of me in various trays, pots, and carving stations for the world to see like a centerfold of a men‘s magazine. This was to be a TWO-plater; waistline and borderline diabetes conditions be damned....

Too funny!!! German night on the Coral received 2 thumbs up from my German DW. And my 83yo Austrian mother (who had already eaten dinner in the dining room) actually came to the buffet for a second dinner once she heard about the Semmelknoedel!

Archived