Air Tahiti Nui on Strike!

pugsbest

Just an FYI, ATN ground crew on Papeete is on strike. My parents are on the cruise right now and were just informed. Princess and ATN are trying to arrange hotels and alternate flights, but they aren't guaranteeing anything. If you are flying check and check the status of your flight before you leave.

This is huge as almost everyone flies this to Tahiti.

Julie - if your parents have to use any of their own money, make sure they keep receipts as travel insurance may cover this. I know food/accomodations can be very expensive over there.

It seem in France everytime you turn around someone is on strike.:eek: Well for now the planes are still flying, based on the reports from Air Tahiti Nui web site.:) This seems to be over them firing some for drug smuggling to LAX. :(

I hope this is over before our trip in Nov......

An update. Mom just called again and Princess is chartering a plane to get them home. Anyone going better call their agent and/or Princess, ATN. Luckily this time they booked Princess air!

Julie

Glad to hear it! My guess is the charter will be heading right back over full of passengers.

Below is from Air Tahiti Web Site Last night... :D

Thursday October 11th, 2007 - 10:00PM. Update # 6

We are pleased to announce that the strike in Tahiti has just ended.

We expect scheduled flight arrivals and departures to resume as normal on Saturday October 13th 2007.

Final flight schedules for Friday October 12th, will be posted tomorrow morning at 8:00AM PDT.

We Sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Try http://www.tahitipresse.pf/index.cfm this has a local news,etc. and http://www.papeete.com/ has lots of information on all the islands plus a lot of history about each island. These are a few of the one's that are not just ad sites. The tahitipresse is like your local newspaper or TV site here...Hope this helps..

Archived