Walker ?

Travelbug 2

I posted this on the disabled board but got zero response! Maybe my friends on this board can help.

Anyone know if the water transportation (water taxis etc) in Venice can handle people using walkers. We will be visiting during a HAL cruise in Sept' 2008 and my DW uses a 4 wheel walker (fold up type).

Any info' will be appreciated.

I posted this on the disabled board but got zero response! Maybe my friends on this board can help.

Anyone know if the water transportation (water taxis etc) in Venice can handle people using walkers. We will be visiting during a HAL cruise in Sept' 2008 and my DW uses a 4 wheel walker (fold up type).

Any info' will be appreciated.

Should not be a problem. I can tell you there's room for them (walkers) in the water buses. Once your DW has been assisted to her seat (by you or others) and her walker has been folded up and stored, you'll be good to go! You'll have a great time in Venice!

For more check out this website:

http://europeforvisitors.com/venice/articles/venice_transportation.htm

Don't know about Venice.

Do know HAL will not have a problem getting you on and off of the tender. If you have never cruised with walker let me suggest you use wheelchair instead. Ruth takes her wheelchair ashore and uses it as a walker and then when she gets tires she sits down and I push her in the wheelchair.

She also uses the wheelchair as a shopping cart just to agitate my ulcer...

Ruth & Jim

Archived