Smoking policy Noordam

cruzadict

We are thinking of taking Carribean cruise on Noordam out of New York next January. As my sister is a smoker could someone please let me know what the smoking policy is with HAL - any allowed in cabins (I hope not) and what about bars? Also where is the terminal in New York. Have sailed from Bayonne and also Brooklyn but would prefer the Manhattan terminal. Thanks for any help Marilyn

One can smoke in the cabins on HAL. One can smoke almost anywhere outside. One can smoke in the designated smoking area in most of the bars.

Of course, I don't care now because we have been quit for four months now!

congratulations!

stick to it; head for 6 months then a year!

as for the bars on HAL, most, if not all, allow smoking in designated areas .. those areas are getting smaller and smaller:)

as far as outside, smoking is limited at times in the Lido pool area and at aft pool .. so far, promenade deck is "wide open":(

One can smoke in the cabins on HAL. One can smoke almost anywhere outside. One can smoke in the designated smoking area in most of the bars.

CONGRATULATIONS...... I was hoping you would comment, Kakalina. :) I remember your mentioning you had quit and, of course, didn't want to ask how you were doing but was hoping you were still 'quit'. Good for you! You're way over the worst of it.

You deserve a cruise. :)

To answer OP...... Smoking is permitted in cabins and on verandas.

Thanks Sails, of course we won't mention that extra 8 lbs. I put on but hey it's better than smoking. Besides, I can exercise so much better now. Appreciate the support.

Congratulations, kakalina! That's a huge achievement!

I am a former smoker...having stopped 7 years ago this month! I must say, the smell of smoke really bothers me now...I pray that the people on the verandahs near us don't smoke...so far, we've been lucky! ;)

The past two years have been unlucky for us on the Noordom at Thanksgiving. We buy a suite with a veranda, then cannot use it because of smoking on balconies next door to us. If I don't keep the veranda door closed the smoke gets into our room, too. I wouldn't mind it so much if my nose and eyes didn't run and my throat didn't close from the smoke.

But we are always hopeful that we'll get lucky one of these times and smokers won't be next door to us. Maybe this is our year.

Sharon

The past two years have been unlucky for us on the Noordom at Thanksgiving. We buy a suite with a veranda, then cannot use it because of smoking on balconies next door to us. If I don't keep the veranda door closed the smoke gets into our room, too. I wouldn't mind it so much if my nose and eyes didn't run and my throat didn't close from the smoke.

But we are always hopeful that we'll get lucky one of these times and smokers won't be next door to us. Maybe this is our year.

Sharon

Actually, Sharon you shouldn't be propping the door open anyway. There are notice explicitly requesting one does not do this as it really messes up the A/C for the entire ship. :)

Archived