Leave it at Home !!!!

VaBeachCruisers897

I don't bring as many shoes or clothes. First cruise, DH and I had 4 suitcases for the 2 of us!!! Never wore most of the things!

Now I am down to 1 skirt, 1 pair of slacks for evening, with different tops to go with them and 1 pair of shoes for both. Everyday clothes are 3 pairs of shorts, 2 swimsuits, 4 t-shirts (I always buy at least 3 more on the trip), one pair of flipflops or sandels, and 1 pair of sneakers.

I do bring a powerstrip, laptop (for digital pictures -- a lifesaver!), post-it notes, 2 highlighters and a roll of ductape. Yes, I've had to use the ductape on a suitcase before. It was a lifesaver!

I'm down to one suitcase, not full, for each of us. And I am still working on making it smaller.

• 3 weeks later...

Things I took and did not need or use. Beach Towels. Books to read, a jacket.

things I wish I would have taken....my own hand towels to take off the ship with me on those hot days on shore. Bag to carry off ship to put little purchases in (had to buy one on first cruise that has now become a must carry on all cruises.) A hat.

Guest carlogesualdo
Be thankful that you don't frequent the same tuba/euphonium board that I do.;) :D

http://forums.chisham.com/

That's why the low brass gets stuck in the back of the bus.

As a Trombone girl I feel your pain ;)

As a trumpet Goddess, I'm wondering why you don't put your drummers in the back of the bus where they belong?

I use to bring underwear for every day & then one extra pair? Extra for what I ask myself? Have not had an accident since I was 3 or 4 years old & I rarely lose them :eek:

Gee thanks! I almost spit my drink at the screen when I read this! Too funny!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Books... Now I bring 1... and rarely read it, except on the plane.

Too many shoes..... I try to coordinate clothes to bring as few as possible. Now I have it down to a science: 1 pair water shoes, w/ tread, that double as tennis shoes, 1 pair brown sandals, 1 pair black dress shoes, 1 pair super light weight, thin black flip flops.... I wear a pair of sandals on the plane (even though we leave from Michigan and it is usually below freezing with a foot of snow on the ground).

Too many dresses... Now I have one for each formal night, and 1 sun dress... That's it!!!

Too many hats.... Now only take a visor... not sure I even use that!!!

My top ten things to leave at home while cuising:

10) Stress

9) List of things which have to be accomplished

8) Any modern electronic devices, such as phone, laptop, etc.

7) Teenage son and daugther (okay... just kidding... sometimes)

6) Dressy clothes (except for formal wear)

5) Speedo (joking! I don't have one... but if I would, I'd leave it at home!)

4) Umbrella

3) Misc. Items you won't need anyways

2) Duct tape + other tools (sorry... I had to put that one on the list)

1) No shoes, no shirt - no problem! Live life to it's fullest!

Sorry for the stupid question, but what in world would you need duct tape on a cruise ship?

Have a fun-filled cruise!

Andy

I always take a little duct tape whenever I travel - I take a 1 or 2' length and wrap it around a pencil. You'd be surprised what you can fix with duct tape! What's the old saying? 'If it's stuck and shouldn't be, use WD-40, if it needs to be stuck, use duct tape' or something like that.

Otherwise, I'm getting smarter the more I travel. I don't obcess - chances are if I forget something, I can pick it up along the way or improvise.

I wouldn't do that if I were you. When it eventually comes off , it will leave your luggage sticky.:eek: It's better to use some bright yarn, curly ribbon etc.

I think I have read posts about bringing duct tape to keep drawers closed in rough seas. I brought some before and used it to keep my snorkle fin staps from slipping. When the tape came off later, it was really messy and sticky.:mad:

Cheers!

A little bit of goo gone takes the sticky right off :)

• 1 month later...
Leave the countless suitcases of clothes and shoes at home.

Going carry-on is so liberating - no waiting for luggage to arrive at you cabin, no hauling bags and bags off the ship during self-disembarkation, and no putting you luggage outside you door the night before leaving the ship!

as little as my husband wants me to wear he would love the idea of me just packing swimwear, dinner Dress, wouldnt he be shocked when i didnt even pack bra or panties....maybe I will give it a thought

Archived