Future Cruise Credits

wernew2cruising

I am sorry for asking this...I tried a search but my internet is acting strange and I keep getting timed out...

A FCC, do you purchase for a specific cruise or do you just give them $100 and they give you a certificate? The FCC is like a $100 deposit? Do you give them $100 for each traveling person? Can you get this for, let's say DD, if we want to take her on a trip? Are you limited to the number you can do? Does this go on your onboard account or billed directly to a CC?

You can only purchase FCC's onboard while sailing on a Princess cruise, there is no limit that I have ever heard of on how many you can purchase. And they can only be purchased for those on the ship at that time. You can not purchase them for anyone that is not on the ship sailing with you. The FCC is good for the first two passengers in a cabin, but will not benefit a third or forth in the same cabin.

The $100 per FCC is billed directly to your credit card and not put on your shipboard account.

If you don't book a certain cruise, but decide to choose it at a later date, then one FCC can be used and the second person in the cabin with you can just pay another $100 for their deposit when you book, OR you can use two FCC's, your choice.

The lowered deposit is one of the great perks of booking with FCC's.

The shipboard credit you will receive depends on the type of stateroom you end up booking and the length of the future sailing.

No you don't have to book a specific cruise at the time you put your $100 down. You have four years to book the cruise and another year to take it. You can purchase one for $100 and add another person when you book your cruise. For a future cruise, the person you add does not have to be on-board with you at the time you purchase the FCC. You will both get the OBC for the cruise you book in the future.

Thanks everyone!

So, if I am understanding correctly, if I do $200 worth of cruise credits, I don't have to use them for the same cruise. I can make 2 different reservations with that, and then the 2nd passenger has a $100 deposit? Then the OBC you receive is per CABIN. Do I have this right?

The onboard credit is per person for the first 2 people in the cabin. There is no onboard credit for a 3rd or 4th person sharing. The credit is based on the type of cabin you book and the length of the cruise.

7-9 days........Interior cabin $20.00 per person

........Ocean View cabin $50.00 per person

10-15 days.....Interior cabin $75.00 Per person

.....Ocean View Cabin $100.00 per person

16+ days........Interior cabin $125.00 per person

........Ocean View cabin $150.00 per person

And you have up to 4 years to use it. If you don't, it is fully refundable. It is great to have, especially for when one of those great sales pop up. If you decide to cancel the cruise you have booked, it will just go back into your bank, along with the OBC.

You can't go wrong.

Sorry but have a question regarding FCC that some of you knowledgable folks can answer. I'm cruising with DD (14) in Dec and wanted to buy 2FCC. There's a potential that next cruise I book would want to book two cabins if my sister and mother join.

From what I understand, there needs to be one person with a FCC in each cabin. Correct?

So to get two cabins using the FCC, would I need to buy one in her name too (a minor) and then book one cabin w/me and one other; one in her name with one other? That way both cabin mates would pay the 100 deposit and all get the OBC?

Can you book a cabin w/a minor using a FCC?

Sorry but have a question regarding FCC that some of you knowledgable folks can answer. I'm cruising with DD (14) in Dec and wanted to buy 2FCC. There's a potential that next cruise I book would want to book two cabins if my sister and mother join.

From what I understand, there needs to be one person with a FCC in each cabin. Correct?

So to get two cabins using the FCC, would I need to buy one in her name too (a minor) and then book one cabin w/me and one other; one in her name with one other? That way both cabin mates would pay the 100 deposit and all get the OBC?

Can you book a cabin w/a minor using a FCC?

Then you can use the Freinds and Family voucher that you get for them, and you would get an additional $25 or $50 OBC for referring them to the cruise line. This way you can hold on to the additional FCC for the future and everyone gets to put only $100 each deposit for the cruise you all want to go on :D

Hi Can someone advise me please?

My husband and I travelled with my sister and her husband and we both booked FCC,We have now used these credits on three cabins , so another sister and her husband can get the cruising bug.Therefore my sister and her husband are assigned to two separate cabins. We did it this way as it was a captains circle offer.My query is about the credit ?

We have $75 pp and are only showing credit for two cabins is this correct? Also how easy is it to swap cabins so that both of my sisters are with the correct husbands ?!!!!!

Thanks

Hi Can someone advise me please?

My husband and I travelled with my sister and her husband and we both booked FCC,We have now used these credits on three cabins , so another sister and her husband can get the cruising bug.Therefore my sister and her husband are assigned to two separate cabins. We did it this way as it was a captains circle offer.My query is about the credit ?

We have $75 pp and are only showing credit for two cabins is this correct? Also how easy is it to swap cabins so that both of my sisters are with the correct husbands ?!!!!!

Thanks

If you used one FCC and booked a room for two people, when you got home, there was another $100 deposit that was needed to be made at the time of the booking and you both, in that room, will get the OBC.

If you use two FCC and booked a room for two people, when you got home, there was no deposit that was needed to be made at the time of the booking and you both, in that room, will get the OBC.

If you booked a cruise for two people while on the ship a $100 deposit pp was required and you each get the OBC.

If you used 3 FCC on 3 cabins there would have been an additional $100 pp required at the time of the booking for each cabin, if they were made when you got home, and there should be two OBC on each booking for each of the 3 cabins.

Opinions..You are correct! It is $25.00 per person credit for Interior Cabin on a 7nt cruise! My brain was in neutral! :)

Hightown..I don't know if they permit a minor to purchase a FCC. I somehow have my doubts.

seawyllow...You can use the "Invitation for Friends" to receive the onboard credits for a cabin booked but the coupon does not extend the $100 per person deposit offer. Your friends/family would have to pay the full deposit.

happy cruisin...How many FCC's did you use when you booked the 3 cabins? I assume your sister used one for her cabin, your BIL used one for his cabin and you and your husband used one (or did you use 2) for your cabin. The future cruise credit will apply to each of the first two people booked in each cabin. If you and your husband used 2 FCCs you will only get the one cruise credit each. You cannot piggyback the credit.

It should not be difficult for your family to change cabins so that they are with their specific spouses once onboard. People do this quite regularly...though I have no personal experience with this myself. Maybe someone else will help out there.

seawyllow...You can use the "Invitation for Friends" to receive the onboard credits for a cabin booked but the coupon does not extend the $100 per person deposit offer. Your friends/family would have to pay the full deposit.

The offer we have for friends to join us states "Princess will reduce your deposit to just $100 (USD) per person for your cruise. Plus, you'll receive a shipboard credit for joining us."

One more thing to know: If you buy your cruise from someone like Travelocity, you pay for the complete cruise, then you call Princess and ask for the refund of your deposit...it is posted to the credit card you used to pay for your cruise in about 6-8 weeks.

I am sorry for asking this...I tried a search but my internet is acting strange and I keep getting timed out...

A FCC, do you purchase for a specific cruise or do you just give them $100 and they give you a certificate? The FCC is like a $100 deposit? Do you give them $100 for each traveling person? Can you get this for, let's say DD, if we want to take her on a trip? Are you limited to the number you can do? Does this go on your onboard account or billed directly to a CC?

Looking into buying cruise credits for a future cruise on RCL (2009/10/11)

Is the deposit refundable or not ?

:):)

Might buy Cruise Credits on HAL in Aug 08 , also for 20010/11

1 - Do you have give where you want to cruise ?

2 - Can you use at TA to book ?

:)

From Princess web site:

FUTURE CRUISE CONSULTANT

For your convenience, a Future Cruise Consultant is onboard all vessels to advise you on future cruise itineraries, fares and incentives. Our Future Cruise Consultant is available to book your next vacation, and provide you with up to $150 of shipboard credit per person on your next sailing with Princess.

7-9 days

Interior $25

Oceanview $50

10-15 days

Interior $75

Oceanview $100

16+ days

Interior $125

Oceanview $150

Onboard credit is per person.

Or simply make a future deposit toward any cruise to secure your onboard credit.

From the FCC letter (not mentioned above):

-Offer applies only to the first two passengers in a stateroom.

-Single occupancy will receive a single person portion.

-Each FCC deposit is in the amount of $100 USD and valid for four years from the date of issue. It is fully refundable within that period.

- Not combinable with World Cruises.

http://www.princess.com/answer/onboard.html

The offer we have for friends to join us states "Princess will reduce your deposit to just $100 (USD) per person for your cruise. Plus, you'll receive a shipboard credit for joining us."

Yes, this has changed not so recently. Do you remember the year you purchased this FCC? Now they allow for the OBC's but not the reduced deposit.

But since yours does still say that it will, I would check with Princess as you might be able to get it honored as it does state that the lowered deposit will also apply. It is worth giving a call to check and see.

Looking into buying cruise credits for a future cruise on RCL (2009/10/11)

Is the deposit refundable or not ?

:):)

Might buy Cruise Credits on HAL in Aug 08 , also for 20010/11

1 - Do you have give where you want to cruise ?

2 - Can you use at TA to book ?

:)

RCL and Hal do not have the same program as Princess. I don't think any other cruiseline has as good an FCC program as Princess. Since this is basically a board for Princess, you may want to check at the RCL and Hal boards to find out exactly what they have if you don't get an answer over here.

Yes, this has changed not so recently. Do you remember the year you purchased this FCC? Now they allow for the OBC's but not the reduced deposit.

But since yours does still say that it will, I would check with Princess as you might be able to get it honored as it does state that the lowered deposit will also apply. It is worth giving a call to check and see.

We got about a dozen of them 3 or 4 years back. I can't find any expiration date on them so when the need presents itself I will give it a try.

Archived