Future Cruise Credits

wernew2cruising

Thanks BJS and Beryl

As we are from the UK we were not required to pay the $100 deposit on board but would benefit from a £75 deposit when we booked back at home. Our letters stated Mr and Mrs and you are correct that both my sister and brother in law used theirs on a cabin each. To my knowledge they are only showing 1 cabin with obc ,We are showing an obc for our cabin but i need to check with our TA if she only used 1 fcc and if so we will have one left.

Therefore we should have 3 cabins with obc is that correct ?

Thanks

Does anyone know the OBC for a balcony and mini-suite both 7-9 days and 10-15 days? Only the interior and oceanview amounts were posted.

Thanks

Balcony and mini's are same amount as an outside cabin. 10-15 day cruises get $100 OBC for an outside.

• 2 weeks later...

How does Princess apply the OBC for a back-to-back cruise, consisting of (2) 7-day cruises? Will they give us the $100/pp for the balcony or only the $50/pp for each 7-day cruise? :confused:

Sorry is this has been asked, but the "search" isn't working again.

How does Princess apply the OBC for a back-to-back cruise, consisting of (2) 7-day cruises? Will they give us the $100/pp for the balcony or only the $50/pp for each 7-day cruise? :confused:

Do you have the same booking number for both weeks? If so, you booked it as a single cruise and it is treated as a a single cruise.

You will get $100/pp if you used FCC for the bookings.

Assuming they are linked bookings with two booking numbers $50/pp will be posted on your shipboard account on day one and then on day 8. They will carry your shipboard account balance forward to the second 7 day cruise - most of the time. We once did not have this done despite them telling us in the letter they gave us onboard that it would be done, and the mix up occured because we changed rooms for the second cruise.

If it was a booking treated like a single cruise with one booking number you will receive the $100/pp on day one.

Always check your credit card the minute you come home because even though I got two FCC receipts on the Emerald in April Princess failed to charge my credit card, thus no FCC's.

After a lot of experience I suggest that you not do 1 FCC plus $100 for the second passenger. It's too much trouble. Just buy as many FCCs as you like for both first and second passenger. This works out a lot better if Princess quietly cancels your cruise (without telling you of course) you can easily transfer those FCCs to a replacement cruise.

Boy,,I'm trying to understand this and kinda get it,,,here's my situation. We just recently got 4 FCC's on our last cruise. We are planning on taking our daughter and son in law and son on our next cruise. We already have a suite on hold and want 2 additional inside rooms,,one for son and one for daughter and her husband. How do I use my FCC's for their staterooms? Do I put my husbands name on my daughter and son in laws room? What about our sons room? They have all previously cruised with Princess but never purchased FFC's. We also got those vouchers for family and friends for same cruise.....Help!!! Thank you in advance

sorry to sound dumb, what does FCC exactly give you? Just a placeholder? What are benefits?

It gives you a $100 deposit on any cruise you book plus OBC as outlined in previous posts. When you use the FCC the other person in the same room only needs to put down a $100 deposit and also gets the OBC.

This is a great advantage when booking cruises far in the future and especially when booking cruises with big deposits.

Boy,,I'm trying to understand this and kinda get it,,,here's my situation. We just recently got 4 FCC's on our last cruise. We are planning on taking our daughter and son in law and son on our next cruise. We already have a suite on hold and want 2 additional inside rooms,,one for son and one for daughter and her husband. How do I use my FCC's for their staterooms? Do I put my husbands name on my daughter and son in laws room? What about our sons room? They have all previously cruised with Princess but never purchased FFC's. We also got those vouchers for family and friends for same cruise.....Help!!! Thank you in advance

What I would do in this situation is to use 2 of the FCC's for you and your husband (since they are non-transferable). That would be your deposit for the two of you. Then use the friends and family certificates for the other two cabins, although the credit is very small for inside cabins. (Not sure about this one, so I am guessing you can use two for the same cruise). If you can't use two, the most you will loose on this is probably a $25 Shipboard credit for your son, so that isn't a huge deal I wouldn't think.

Pay the regular deposit for the other two cabins but with the friends and family certificates, they will still get the shipboard credit for their cabins. Remember, the lowered deposit from the FCC's doesn't lesson the amount you pay for your cruise in the end, just extends the larger amount until final payment date.

Then save the last two FCC's for you and your husband to use at a later date, since they are good for 4 years.

Looking into buying cruise credits for a future cruise on RCL (2009/10/11)

Is the deposit refundable or not ?

:):)

Might buy Cruise Credits on HAL in Aug 08 , also for 20010/11

1 - Do you have give where you want to cruise ?

2 - Can you use at TA to book ?

:)

On RCCL, yes the deposit is refundable. I know because we recently canceled and our deposit was fully refunded. However, keep in mind that you have to be on an RCCL cruise to buy a certificate that would enable you to get OBC for future cruises.

I get it ... book it as a single cruise. Sounds easy enough.

Thanx!

I believe you misunderstood. I asked IF you have booked it as a sinlge cruise. Not all two week cruises can be booked that way.

Crown Princess Caribbean cruises is an example of cruises that CAN be booked as a single cruise. I've done it using one FCC for both weeks.

Got to the Princess cruise web site and go thru thebooking priocess. That will tell you quick enough if the cruises are combinable.

Here you can see that the seven dayers can be combined. http://www.princess.com/pb/searchResults.do?time=309&trade=C&duration=&ship=KP&date=0208&orderBy=&filterBy=&resType=C&pageOffset=

Just a brief look for Feb/Jan 2008, though, tells me that Crown has the only combinable cruises.

That's not to say a TA with strong clout with Princess can't get you such a deal, but that's subject for another thread.:p

I don't know if they still give them out - BUT with each FCC (in the past) you were given a Share the Wealth Cert.........this does nnot give a reduced deposit - but will give the same OBC to anyone cruising with you! :D I believe you can use 2 Share the Wealth Cert. for each of you.

Renee (aka GotToCall)

From Princess web site:

FUTURE CRUISE CONSULTANT

For your convenience, a Future Cruise Consultant is onboard all vessels to advise you on future cruise itineraries, fares and incentives. Our Future Cruise Consultant is available to book your next vacation, and provide you with up to $150 of shipboard credit per person on your next sailing with Princess.

7-9 days

Interior $25

Oceanview $50

10-15 days

Interior $75

Oceanview $100

16+ days

Interior $125

Oceanview $150

Onboard credit is per person.

Or simply make a future deposit toward any cruise to secure your onboard credit.

From the FCC letter (not mentioned above):

-Offer applies only to the first two passengers in a stateroom.

-Single occupancy will receive a single person portion.

-Each FCC deposit is in the amount of $100 USD and valid for four years from the date of issue. It is fully refundable within that period.

- Not combinable with World Cruises.

http://www.princess.com/answer/onboard.html

What about FCC for CruiseTours? We're booked in a minisuite on a 12 day Alaska CruiseTour that includes a 7 day cruise and 5 day tour. Do we get $50 pp or $100 pp FCC?

Oledave

Do OBCs have to be used on the next cruise? Can I buy OBCs on each of several cruises and accumulate enough for a free cruise? Just curious.Ta,RR
You can purchase as many as you want, and use them whenever you want within 4 yours. It would not make sense to use more than one per cruise, however, as your OBC (from using the FCC) is based per person in a stateroom, not per credit used.

I just got off the CB and I grilled the Princess FCC rep about the many different things I've read in CC posts. She said the share the wealth certificates only cover the OBC. The people using these will still have to pay the full deposit. There are older ones out there that do allow the reduced deposit. I think she said they expired two years after the FCC you received them with was issued. While there is no way to tell which FCC they were issued with, Princess knows the date you were issued each FCC. Princess can tell if you try to use an old share the wealth certificate with an FCC that Princess knows was issued after they stopped issuing the old share the wealth certificates. If like me you have used your older FCC, but still have the share the wealth certificates that came with them, they can no longer be used for a reduced deposit

I also asked about the common practice of using only one FCC and paying the $100 deposit for the second person in the cabin. She claimed that the statement at the bottom of the FCC that says “this offer applies to the first two passengers in stateroom only” means that only two people can use an FCC per cabin. She said it does not mean you can use one FCC for two people. I know people will still arguer this is wrong or that they have always done this. I’m sure you will probably still be able to do this in the future. I always use two FCC because I don’t want to make any deposit at the time of booking. I canceled three cruises in the past year and all of them were booked using FCCs. I usually booked another cruise right after I canceled one. Princess always credited my FCC back to my Captain’s Circle account within seconds after I canceled a cruise, making them available instantly for my next booking. I’m not sure this would have gone as smooth if I had to have a credit applied back to a credit card.

Archived