My MoneyMaking Idea#1

sagiv666

I am quite astonished (although I don't know why) at the tone of some of the responses to the OP. Nastiness and sarcasm have no place on Cruise Critic. We have cruised on Radiance of the Seas several times and have always found their food to be among the best that RCCL offers. While it is not the height of gourmet, it is certainly not the slop that some people are implying. I would find a box lunch from Royal Caribbean far superior to that which passes as a meal or snack on an airplane these days.

As far as food coming off the ships not being allowed, I know what the laws are. Have you ever noticed the punch and cookies that are served at the pier before boarding? Did that come off the ship or did it come from a caterer on land? Whoever made that food could prepare pre-ordered, pre-paid box lunches that could be picked up in the terminal after claiming your luggage. I actually like the idea.

Would it potentially be a BIG moneymaker for RCCL? I doubt it. Would the people who ordered the box lunches remember how convenient they were? I bet they would. It would leave you with a good feeling. Would everyone want to participate in this program? Of course not. By the same token, not everyone wants to eat at a specialty restaurant.

I think you have a good idea sagiv666. I would suggest it to RCCL and see what they think of it. Let us know.

Thanks. We all have our different tastes. The bottom line however, is that for half a month I watched the crew break their back to feed us, and I give the credit where it is due.:D

Sagiv666,

There is not one person who is not giving credit to the crew who breaks their back to feed 3000 people for a long period of time.

All that was said is most people would not call it Sumptuous Delicacies. Nobody said it tasted bad. Nobody said the crew did not deserve a pat on the back...........Could you please stop taking this and twisting it out of context to try and make yourself look like a hero. No one said anything bad about the food. They just would not call it a delicacy like you have. I continue to laugh at you with each post that you twist around.................

Glad I read this thread. I'm on the Radiance in January and didn't expect the food would be memorable. Now I'm hopeful.

Given what's available at airports and on planes these days, OP may have the makings of a good idea. How about RCI setting up a kitchen in the port so one can pickup the bag/box after clearing customs. They probably have a commissary operation there anyway, so it shouldn't be a great stretch and it could service all the ships.

Just think of the great advertising, all those passengers carrying RCI logo bags through the airport. It would also provide a little nostalgia for those of us who miss the ship as soon as we debark. At $7 for a small croissant sandwich, salad, and cookie/pastry could be a money maker as well.

I always find it amusing that it seems that nobody on CC has ever been to a fast food restaurant or a Wal-Mart!:rolleyes: Personally, I'm looking forward to the sumptuous delicacies they offer at the Johnny Rockets onboard the Majesty!:D

Compared to airline food, SPAM is a "sumptuous delicacy".:(

I'm convinced airline food isn't really food. Like some items are made with "by products," airline food is probably "food by products" or "simulated food" because it sure isn't real food!

(BTW, have you ever been to the Spam festivals in Hawaii? It's not my cup of Kona, but you should see what some of the top rated chefs do with the stuff.)

beachchick

Sagiv666,

There is not one person who is not giving credit to the crew who breaks their back to feed 3000 people for a long period of time.

All that was said is most people would not call it Sumptuous Delicacies. Nobody said it tasted bad. Nobody said the crew did not deserve a pat on the back...........Could you please stop taking this and twisting it out of context to try and make yourself look like a hero. No one said anything bad about the food. They just would not call it a delicacy like you have. I continue to laugh at you with each post that you twist around.................

If we were talking just about food in the Windjammer and the Dining Room, perhaps I would refrain from the word "delicacy" although we had nothing to complain about on this topic. However, the ship had a magnificent Gala Buffet, and perhaps remembering this is why I can call much of the food "delicacies". For those on other ships who had no Gala Buffet or those who did found nothing that impressed them, as soon as I master uploading photos here, I will show you pictures of ours.:D

I'm convinced airline food isn't really food. Like some items are made with "by products," airline food is probably "food by products" or "simulated food" because it sure isn't real food!

(BTW, have you ever been to the Spam festivals in Hawaii? It's not my cup of Kona, but you should see what some of the top rated chefs do with the stuff.)

beachchick

No, I haven't had the opportunity to cruise to Hawaii yet, but its one of our plans and I'd like to see one of these Spam festivals. The History Channel has done episodes about the foods most popular in the USA and SPAM is included. I ate SPAM when I was younger, and as I grew if I didn't go out of the way to buy it, I still remember it. If I am not mistaken, it is a productof the war years (WWII) when meat was a scarcity? Still, so many enjoy it today.:)

Archived