So what are your must have electric devices?

flagger

Rjack,

We didn't have any problem plugging our camera battery charger in directly on the Connie. There were two US style and two 220 European style outlets over the desk. We had brought a little cube shaped outlet expander (turns one outlet into 3) in case we needed it but we didn't use it. All our travel stuff is works at either voltage so we could have used the two 220 V outlets with an adapter plug if we needed more outlets. With the set-up in our stateroom, you would only need a power strip if you wanted it for surge protection, had something extremely bulky or heavy to plug in or had to plug in a lot of stuff at the same time.

For a 1 week cruise, the only wall powered devices I took are the camera charger and a hair dryer. For regular traveling, I don't bother to lug a hair dryer. I just let my short hair air dry in the morning. But on a cruise where I will want to get the salt water out in the afternoon, I want to dry it for dinner.

For a week the charge on my toothbrush will last and I have a manual one for back-up, but longer than a week and my husband will bring the charger.

We take other electric/electronic stuff like noise cancelling headphones for the flights but they all run on alkaline batteries.

I can understand the need to bring a power plug, but on another thread, someone's power supply melted and started a fire. They were able to put it out, but that's a scary thought. Also, please don't bring travel irons. They are too dangerous for a ship. I know I am probably going to be flamed, but the ships don't want you to bring them on board. The more things people bring to be plugged in, the more dangerous the ship becomes. If you need to have wrinkles removed, you can use the spray wrinkle remover, put things in the bathroom to get steamed, or send them to the laundry on the ship. It is reasonably priced. I guess I am very much afraid of a ship fire. JMHO.

Someone asked: "curious as to why you guys take your laptops. is it specificlaly to upload your pix?"

That's the main reason. Digital pix can be downloaded, labeled and the card cleared and ready for the next port each day. We also like to compose emails to send from home about our excursions.

And then, since we're deprived of all our groups and message boards that we are tied to for hours every day back home, we just sit and play games on the computer while we watch TV and relax.

slinkie

electric or electronic is there a difference and how many pixels for you today Mrs. Frobisher?

Digital Camera Dock/Charger

Black & Decker 1 Cup Brew & Go Coffee Maker Hot Water For Chai Tea Heater Upper

Curling Hair Iron

SoniCare Toothbrush.....and AkaWanda and I would like to commend anyone who is using a sonicare or braun type brush. From she who works with dentist, 7 out of 8 agree, for healthy teeth and gums, nothing works like a sonicare or braun......can also be used as the item everyone was/is thinking about but has not mentioned..:D :D

Archived